OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically Sync Outlook Address Book with Windows 10 People App.

Any contact entry added to the Windows 10 People app should be automatically sync with an Outlook 365 address book and vice versa.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please highlight the day of the week in the calendar

I would like the day of the week to be highlighted across the column. I would also like the hour to have an indicator line going across this hour through the days of the week.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recurring meetings: Option to end recurrence as alternative to cancelling series

When a recurring meeting is being canceled and "remove(d) from calendar", previous sessions are also deleted.

I'd prefer to keep the history of my past tasks and whereabouts, so I would like an option to "remove only future meetings in this series"

To achieve the same at the moment, the organizer has to go to recurrence and input an end date - The above suggestion could be combined with a dialogue box when cancelling a recurring meeting to chose from "cancel series" or to "end recurrence"

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reduce padding in messages list to fit more messages

Reduce padding (or add option to configure) in message list to fit more messages.

The setting could be a similar like Word has to switch between Touch/Mouse mode, but would be better if it had manual control how many pixels a user wants. This could be under View Settings > Advanced View Settings > Other Settings, for example.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically block of 15 minutes before and after each meeting

It is my manual task to always block some time before and after meetings, lot's of extra clicking in Outlook. I would love to see a feature or someone explain to me how I can tell Outlook, to by default make my meetings appear to start 15 minutes earlier and stop 15 minutes later, than they actually do, so no one can book back to back through my entire schedule.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Categories of contacts.

Create a drop-down list of categories in a contact's card to assign it to a category.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide meeting-finder feature for a bunch of availability request (aka doodle-feature ;)

Please implement a feature to send participants a choice of different appointment availability time frames. So far external tools like Doodle are needed. Why not implement directly a smart solution into Outlook?

Offer the requesting user, to choose different dates and times, to add them up into one request to participants. (similiar to your series function already, just to choose a bunch of flexibel dates instead of just serial behavior)

the participants then should get all requested dates into their calendars (shown like non answered- dates yet) - when opening the request (no matter which of the single ones), offer…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a feature or an ability to hide Search Bar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or make it collapsible to save landscape space.

Add in the ability to hide the search bar that appears at the top of the mail, calendar and contacts sections or make it collapsible to save landscape space.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. please put the category aspect back so you can color code the calendar

please put the category aspect back so you can color code the calendar

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. turn off highlighting for flagged emails

TURN OFF HIGHLIGHTED FLAGGED EMAILS

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to see who deleted an email in a shared mailbox.

Ability to see who deleted an email in a shared mailbox.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an option to create a new contact from email signature in Outlook 2016

Add an option to create a new contact from email signature.

562 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to send the meeting invitation with optional days/times.

Sometimes it is necessary to invite people with two or three options but only one of them should be accepted. All options should be visible at one time in the calendar and the organizer of the meeting should get an overview of the participants feedback (acceptable/perhaps/declined) in a table with a summary how many participants are available for each option to decide the day/time. Different meeting rooms (one for each schedule) should be accepted as well. Once the decision is made, the unused options should be declined automatically.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outlook Deleted Items option to sort by date/time deleted in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Allow a sort option in the "Deleted Items" folder to sort by the date/time the item was deleted, rather than the original send date. This would allow easy location of recently-deleted items.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide an option to assign colors for incoming emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for easy identification

Provide an option to assign colors for incoming emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for easy identification. Designate my supervisors emails writing in Red as an example. Just being able to assign a font color to a person for incoming mail so they pop out at you. Especially when you receive hundreds of emails a day. I would rather have that then the little color boxes.

293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Couleurs pour les dossiers Outlook

couleurs différentes pour faciliter l'identification (comme les tabs dans excel)

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide a feature or revert the icon color to old one or provide different color icons for Office applications

Sorry to say but don't like the new icons especially the fact that Word and Outlook are both in blue shades they look to much the same when sitting side by side on the Taskbar - which if your background is also blue they just really don't stand out that well. Really they need to be at the least different colours for each Office Icon in order to stand out.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to change the font, its size and choice of style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of email

Allow us to change the font, its size, and style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of an email. I have checked online and lots of people have this problem, no fix has been suggested. July 24, 2018

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. integrate a meeting time survey

Integrate a function to survey a group of people inside and outside your organization on available times for meetings. Trying to sync up meeting times is frequently the hardest part of scheduling a meeting.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be great to be able to rename attachments when forwarding emails.

Sometimes you need to rename attachments and the only way is to sabe it to PC and then attach again.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base