OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an acroynm index reference link

Corporations create acronyms ad nauseam. I've seen people create their own that only they can understand. Then they gain steam. Some companies are good enough to have a glossary on their confluence or other such intranet page, but let's be honest, they're rarely referenced.

As soon as Outlook sees a string of capital letters, e.g. AWOL, it should have a certain behavior that accesses commonly used acronyms by this email-writer and even allows them to create their own. I think of this similar to the corporate email list that people can access when they type in commonly used email names…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Focused Folders

The Focused Inbox is great; We today apply a lot of Email rules and keep our Inbox clean, moving email into folders. Most times there a lot of important emails lying unread in our folders and would love to have more rules to be applied so that :
    1. They go into separate folders
    2. For specific scenarios, and customizable settings, they would go into the 'Focused' Section of the folder.

The Focus Folder rules would be user provided and not automated like we have for the focused Inbox

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm sure it was Outlook that used to show a picture icon and name of who was attending the meeting. I don't see it. This is very helpful

I'm sure it was Outlook that used to show a picture icon and name of who was attending the meeting. I don't see it. This is very helpful

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a feature of Daily summary e-mail (digest) in Microsoft Outlook 2016

We would like to refrain from checking our work e-mails when one is not in office (e.g. on my mobile phone) - and its apparently not good for ones mental health to be always "on" - but at the same time have an idea of whats going on, e.g. if I receive e-mails in the weekend or during a vacation. It would be beneficial if we somehow get Microsoft Outlook 2016 to prepare a summary e-mail over incoming e-mails for a given period and send to private e-mail address? An add-in maybe?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the ability to filter out Drafts in Emails that was sent if they were combined in a single folder.

a PSTfile can contain thousands of drafts and sent Email, especially in the purges, filtering them out manually can prove to be a tedious tas, so far I couldn't find a filter or a query that can filter out drafts or Emails that has not been actually sent apart from the actual search items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to show Meeting Requests in Inbox Folder View in Microsoft Outlook 2016

At times it is difficult to see where the meeting requests are coming from just by looking at the pop up on the calendar.

There should be an easy way to filter calendar items (there was a feature by message type, but that seems not very intuitive and looks to be broken) into the inbox or see an aggregated folder view of all un-responded calendar requests. Triage from the calendar doesn't seem to delete the original mail item in the inbox and is harder to see all incoming from the default weekly view. The triage is much easier from a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow user to silence out of office warning for a period of time, or until the defined window is up.

It's very annoying to get a yellow warning every time Out of Office is turned on. You set a start and end time knowing when those times are, why warn me every time I open Outlook that it's in effect? Very annoying and unnecessary. Allow me to acknowledge and silence the warning like you can for a calendar reminder or get rid of the warning altogether.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need the ability to export to Publisher calendar from Outlook 2016

Need the ability to export to Publisher calendar from Outlook 2016

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow removal of all cloud links when emailing

Allow a GPO removing all cloud links when emailing by default. When someone in our Org is emailing an person with no access to our internal on prem sharepoint, they should not get a "edit link" that doesn't work anyway. Allow us to turn this off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skype Time Zone in Outlook 2016

It'd be nice in Skype if it could should show the time zones your contacts are in next to people's names, both so that you aren't bringing someone something complicated at their end of day, and many people leave themselves 'available' all hours with their mobile devices but as a West Coast person I'd prefer not to interrupt East Coast colleagues in the evenings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide the ability to specify printable columns per Category - or multiple phone lists.

Provide the ability to specify which columns are printable for a Category. Alternative: Provide more than one printable phone list - Business, Relatives, Friends, Club #1 Members, etc. - each may have differing printable columns. (Our house uses 3-differing phone lists on our refrigerator.)

Also,offer a “BOLD“ option for listing phone or other entries

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Smart sort to the names suggestion drop-down

Once I select a name from the suggestion drop-down and start typing the next name (in the To or CC fields), the drop-down still maintains the same order as before. It would be nice if the already selected name is moved to the bottom of the list as the possibility of choosing the same name again is very low.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a feature to enable safer deletion of emails in Groups and recovery as well in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to enable safer deletion of emails in Groups and recovery as well in Microsoft Outlook 2016 plus add a warning to let people know that they are deleting the ENTIRE group, not just one member.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Outlook events

While there are meetings/appointments/etc, it would be nice to have a feature for Events such as team parties and outings outside of the regular hours. Be able to link restaurants and similar abilities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Conversation toggle on MAC would be benficial for Windows // Unread on individual emails not avialble in iphone app

Two major updates to different platforms:

1. On your outlook windows app instead of having a toggle switch that allows one to view messages in conversation can you match it up with the way outlook looks for MAC OS. MAC OS has a quote bubble in the upper left corner that allows one to easy toggle between the two. This feature is very useful, but not available in the same manner in the Windows version. Note, while this is available in the Windows version to some degree (view? conversation toggle) it is less convenient and user-friendly comparatively.

2. OUTLOOK IPHONE APP:

Unread…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove 32 bit restriction from Windows App store

It would be a nice feature for people to download the 64 bit office suite from the store. As that is the version I prefer using. I downloaded from the store when invited to help with testing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Service Pack?

Create a service pack for the 65 plus updates needed to update office on the desktop. You install office but can't use Outlook until the updates are applied. If you're using WSUS could be hours before they are applied. Not very good IMO, especially in a business environment where people are dependent on Outlook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an option to dock or pin expanded menus into email pane in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to dock or pin expanded menus into email pane in Microsoft Outlook 2016 such as "basic test" to the right side of an email draft. Word and Excel do this. The Outlook experience is such that we have to go to the menu bar and click the expand menu button each time I want to do advanced text formatting. We would like to be able to leave it open or float it to the side until we close/send the email.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base