OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide the capability to Print Tasks within Outlook Today in Microsoft Outlook 2016

When trying to print my Outlook Today from Outlook 2016, the right-side printing margin is too large which results in the "tasks" being cut off on the right side. Therefore, it would be great to print the whole page including tasks too.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to add 'Archive' Button to Menu on the Right Side (in Touch Mode)

In Microsoft Outlook 2016 on Microsoft Surface in Touch Mode, when we are looking at emails, we have menu with buttons along the right hand side of the screen (Delete, Reply, Flag, etc.). We have the tendency to touch those icons when we are reading emails, as our hand generally hovers around that right side, so it would be really helpful if the archive button can be added to that specific quick menu. Ideally, it would be great if we could edit which buttons are there and which aren't.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option of Pencil in a meeting to depict holding a time slot rather than confirmed in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of Pencil in a meeting to depict holding a time slot rather than confirmed time to hold meeting in Microsoft Outlook 2016

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Special icon for Archive folder in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to make the icon for the designated Archive folder match the icon of the Archive button in the ribbon

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the issue PLEASE of when you select more than one Contact and click email to multiple, it picks up the email addresses in Email2 and 3.

Please fix the issue of the fact that when you select more than one contact, and then click email, it is NOT including the email addresses in Email2 and Email3. It worked in every other version, but not in the 2016. Desperately need that function to work properly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to Compare appointments in Calendar to rule out any conflicts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an Option to Compare appointments in Calendar to rule out any conflicts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Message Preview missing from search results

When I type any text into the search box of my inbox, all Message Preview text disappears. Turning on Message Preview in the ribbon or changing the number of preview lines does nothing.

I normally work with the preview pane turned off so I normally rely on Message Preview to help determine which is the correct message to open. With no Message Preview when searching, now I have to open each possible message. Slow!

Please bring back the ability to show Message Preview in Search Results, at least if the Preview Pane is off!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to add Skype for Business meeting details to the bottom of the message.

When adding Skype for Business to a meeting via the add-in, the Skype details are added to the top of the message by default. Therefore provide an option to copy/paste the meeting details to the bottom of the message.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Touch mode email action buttons

I like the increased whitespace of the 'touch mode' even when I'm not on a touch computer. There is one annoying UI change in Outlook that happens when you go into touch mode. It moves the email action buttons (reply, delete, etc) to the right side in a vertical bar and removes any text labels.It would be great if the icons stayed where they are in the normal mode but are larger and have more whitespace. Much like the changes that happen on the ribbon.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Categories do not appear correctly when column is moved

Hello,
    in outlook when we affect a category to mail a square of the category's color normally appears in the "category" column.
    But in Outlook 2016, according to the place where you have placed the column "category", the colored square appears or not :
    - If the column is placed to the right, the colored square appears.
    - If the column is placed to the left (what I want) the colored square is not displayed. Only the text. This unpractical for all previewed different categories.

It's a bug and I've reported it as such to the Outlook Team. Thanks!
    A…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Universal Unsubscribe Button!

Please add a button that allows the user to unsubscribe from a mailing list with just one click! Instead of having to click unsubscribe/fill out the form to confirm email/uncheck mailing addresses/reply with "stop" etc, one button automatically kills that email from appearing in your inbox again. Worst case this turns into a better version of the "junk" feature and re-reroutes to an "Unsubscribed" folder/filter if it can't automatically unsubscribe for you.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to set the default country region when creating a new contact in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Option to set the default country region when creating a new contact in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Also, when entering an international phone number, in the Phone Details box of a Contact, the drop down for the country code was eliminated in Outlook 2013 and 2016. This was a very useful feature. I now must look up the country code outside of Outlook. Please return this feature.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. One Click to see all my Office 365 Groups

One Click Navigation to all my Groups
    I've started to use Office 365 Groups but its a little frustrating that I have to navigate down the left navigation to find my groups, then click on more to get to the one I want. Please create a landing page for all my groups that I can add to my favorites and then click to see all the of them

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to add a customized lifetime or expiration date for an email or folder in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option to set a lifetime or expiration date for an email or folder to automatically delete emails or cleanup after 90 days or any time defined by the user for easier and automated cleanup process.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to add Images in Notes in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Option to add Images in Notes in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Clicking navigation icons should open target in a new window or New Application Window by pushing middle muse button on the Icon

Clicking navigation pane icons (bottom left icons to switch between Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, etc.) should open the target in a new window.

Or New Application Window by pushing middle muse button on the Icon

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove the default setting "No end date" on new recurring meetings

By default when you create a new recurring meeting in Outlook the default recurrence pattern is "No end date" which is not recommended. Microsoft recommends setting end dates in their best practices link; https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Best-practices-when-using-the-Outlook-Calendar-d93f72d3-2361-4e0d-8d6a-5c4939c17f39?CorrelationId=e84b1b4d-dc2e-4bc7-8b5d-8b386f50d050&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add an option to check the PST file size in front view in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Add an option to check the PST file size in front view in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to ensure that PST file size remains under control and possible data corruption or loss can be avoided.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Monogram or watermark for legitimate internal emails.

Monogram or watermark should be added below the signature for legitimate internal emails so that end users can recognize whether it is from a legitimate co-worker or employee of the same company.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base