OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an option to show start times in Week View in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to show start times in Week View in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an option to update the holiday events automatically in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to update the holiday events automatically in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Trying to connect..." :-(

Outlook printing "Trying to connect..." in the status bar is soooo depressing. "Connecting..." is better.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option to move the 'Focused' and 'Other' folder out of the Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to move the 'Other' folder out of the Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for better email reading and sorting or an option to disable the Focused and Other Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a feature to Go back from scheduler view in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to Go back from scheduler view in Microsoft Outlook 2016

While drafting a meeting body in the calendar, its often required to check the scheduler view and go back to the message body of the meeting. In Outlook you cannot go back to meeting body if you have opened scheduler view and you need a Go back option or feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a feature to prompt for alternative times if the initial invitation is declined in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to prompt for alternative times if the initial invitation is declined in Microsoft Outlook 2016

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide an option to allow Microsoft Outlook 2016 rules to run macros again

Provide an option to allow Microsoft Outlook 2016 rules to run macros again.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an option to edit Skype Links in Outlook Calendar items for a single occurrence in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to edit Skype Links in Outlook Calendar items for a single occurrence in Microsoft Outlook 2016 in addition to editing Skype link for entire series.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. People search issue with Turkish characters in Outlook 2016

In Turkish, instead of I-i character in English we have two different letters, İ-i, I-ı. And not like in English lowercase i does not correspond to uppercase I, both have their own uppercase and lowercase versions as you can see above.

So lets say i have a name ismail, when i write it in uppercase its written as İsmail.

During searching for people (or email etc) lets say there is a person called İsmail, of course his name is recorded into database as Ismail since we are in a international company. In a computer reigon is set as Turkey, When…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hotkeys should work for different language in Outlook 2016

When answering an e-mail, the hotkeys displayed in the tool tip for italic, bold etc. do not work in German Outlook 2016 on German Windows 7 but trigger some other Outlook functionality, e.g. open the search dialogue.
    Provide an option to Jump to "Today" in Calendar using keyboard shortcuts' because this is about making displayed hotkey work, the other about introducing a completely new hotkey.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. don't block shutdown if emptying the "deleted items" folder on exit is on

Please don't block Windows shutdown if the setting to empty the "deleted items" folder on exit is set.

Do select a sensible default instead. Based on how autosave is behaving in other office applications, I'd say go ahead and delete without asking. Alternatively, skip the folder cleanup on shutdown and just exit. Whatever you do, just don't stop the shutdown sequence.

This is one of the most frustrating things in Outlook for me, as this usually happens just as I want to shut down the laptop and rush to the train station (this is also the reason I usually don't…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option to change the behavior of the feature to add a calendar of a user from Contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to change the behavior of the feature to add calendar of user from Contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

ALSO, THERE SHOULD BE A POSSIBILITY TO CHANGE THE IMAGE OF A GROUP OF CONTACTS IN OUTLOOK 2016

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Do not automatically assign categories to thread

Currently, when I tag a message with a category, every message on the thread thereafter will also be tagged with the category, thus polluting my categories with noise. I use categories to indicate the state or action items of particular messages. Automatically propagating the categories to future messages completely defeats my purpose. Please return to the previous functionality in which tagging a message only tags that one message and no more.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Inconsistent behavior in Outlook and OWA for delegated user to read encrypted email

In Outlook, it allows delegated user to view encrypted email unless sender has selected "Private" or "Do not further forward" in Message Option. However, in OWA, the default setting disallow delegated user to read encrypted email

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When creating a meeting from a thread, de-selecting attendees does NOT remove them from the recipient list

When using Scheduling Assistant to set up a meeting, de-selecting / unchecking attendees does not remove them from the To: field of the email. I would expect that not including them in the invite would also mean that they do not get the invite, as the meeting may be intended for a subset of that group.
    To remove the un-invitees, they must be deleted from the To: line or removed in Scheduling Assistant, which makes de-selecting them superfluous.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. UK address parsing in outlook

Read a UK address properly. (I was at he launch of an early SM mail product in the UK [Andrew Less was PM] where he demonstrated draggin a UK postal address into the contacts and it was parsed. Since then it HAS NEVER worked. The product is unable to make ven a vaugeul sensible attempt at reading a UK address - it fails to see the post (zip) code even which must require almost 0 AI ability.
    The fact that you seem to miss is that Uk addresses to do not always require a County (state). When the city (or…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide an option to Jump to "Today" in Calendar using keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Outlook 2016 in all languages.

Provide an option to Jump to "Today" in Calendar using keyboard shortcuts Microsoft Outlook 2016 in all languages providing easy and quick navigation using cursor keys. It will enhance productivity as well as efficiency.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reminder Window in Red IN Outlook 2016

Request for Reminder window to be user defined.
    E.g. Flash bright red etc,

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide an option to create a UPS shipment add-in for Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to create a UPS shipment add-in for Microsoft Outlook 2016.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an option of keeping the the selected email in view when we exit the search in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of keeping the the selected email in view when we exit the search in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base