OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand search window on click on the search box

Expand search window on click on the search box

Currently Search box is not much of user friendly and its very small window, if the search window is automatically expanded once user clicks on the search box that would be more user friendly and more productivity

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put the title back in the title bar

Makesit hard to know which Folder you are in.

Since moving the search box to the title bat, you removed the title. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint are fine.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Setting to make meetings Teams meetings by default

Teams meetings are more inclusive, but we sometimes forget to add Teams to the meeting until it's too late. Would love to be able to set my meetings to be Teams meetings by default and just have a "delete Teams meeting" option.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add documents to an meetings that are not yours that the other participants cannot see

When you have a lot of meetings then you sometimes want to look at things in advance and maybe draft some documents, notes etc.

There should be a way to attach documents and notes to a meeting that you can bring to the meeting and dont want to look for 5 minutes before the meeting takes place. That way you always have a place to bring the documents that you need for the meeting

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a quick link under the "delay delivery" menu to "send message at 8 AM the following business day"

add a quick link under the "delay delivery" menu to "send message at 8 AM the following business day" so that I don't have to configure every email I am sending to my team over the weekend.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Include reminder settings with recurrence settings, e.g. set for 1 day or 1 hour ahead of each recurrence

It would help a lot to be able to set a default reminder for each recurring task in the recurrence dialog.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add "my day" function in outlook task

add "my day" function in outlook task (like outlook.com ver.)
    so when we use calendar, we can also see "my day" in the sidebar

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outlook calendar event reminders sent via text message to cell phone.

On an older version of Outlook at work, I was able to set up so reminder texts on calendar items were sent to a text number that I provide, my cell phone. The same reminder that shows on the desk top is also texted to my cell phone number witch I had set up somewhere in settings for Outlook. It does not appear to be an available option at this timer.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable the "Suggested Searches" feature to recommend additional Advanced Search options like TO, instead of just FROM.

Enable the "Suggested Searches" feature to recommend additional Advanced Search options like TO, instead of just FROM.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Flag group emails as "Read by" to know what group members have seen them

Being able to see what members of an email group viewed which emails would be a useful group setting. In multiple of my email groups, we rely on constant emails that confirm one or multiple members have seen/dealt with the email and its subject.

As an example, I am in an IT group in my work with multiple other technicians. When someone emails the group with a problem, we rely on multiple emails about who will handle it and when it gets finished. It would be a much simple process for the first person to see it to just flag…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. drag and drop Tasks from planner and from ToDo into outlook calender

One should be able to just drag and drop tasks from the planner and from ToDo into outlook Calender, Thus you can schedule your personal working day, no matter what preference you have for a ToDo-Application.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. emoji response to email

Enable emoji response to email, just like we can in Teams - many emails could be simply and quickly responded to with the 6 emojis available for Teams responses. It would be great if we could just give a thumbs up or a smiley face as a quick response to the sender.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Close to tray, don't close outlook

Instead of closing outlook with the normal close button, give us the option to default it to the tray and let it run in the background.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

With the Covid-19 crisis and working from home/away from the office it would be useful to have an option to send meeting reminders as an Alert on your device or provide a fwd email so it will link with your phone and remind of a meeting. Working at home I am multi-tasking even more so than at the office and when I step away from my laptop sometimes I miss reminders or get taken away from an upcoming meeting.

I also don't have a work…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Calendar option to start appointments and meetings later instead of just "End appointments and meetings early"

Currently, we manually set meetings to start 5 or 10 minutes after the hour and adjust to 25 or 50 minutes, respectively. This is very annoying but necessary because people in my org do not respect meeting end times.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Banner/icon for BCC'd recipient to know they were a BCC

Add a small banner or icon on emails received by a BCC so the BCC'd recipient knows to be careful in replying or replying all since other recipients don't know the BCC'd recipient was included.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Darken the reading pane in the Dark Gray theme

I love how the Black theme darkens the reading pane with white text on a dark background. I would like this option implemented in the Dark Gray theme as well.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rethink the direction Outlook is going

The look and feel of Outlook as well as most of the other office applications is continuing to look worse and worse. It's becoming much more childish looking and less professional looking. Many of the sections take up way too much space on the screen. The most recent change to the top of a new message looks totally ridiculous. Why either boxes around To, CC and BCC and not around Subject for example?

Users should also be able to adjust the space between items in the Folder Pane, there is way too much whitespace between items and you have to…

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. End meetings early works well, can I also do it starting late?

Add an option to start meetings late similar to how you are ending the meeting early. Under an hour, start x minutes late and over an hour start y minutes late. Still end on time.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base