OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto update of existing meetings through Distribution Lists

be able to invite internal distribution lists to recurring meetings where the distribution list stayed as the invitee, not expanding the members of the list at that point in time but still able to send to the existing list. As
    a result, when the distribution list membership was updated
    new members receive the meeting invite and if a member is removed from the list they would be removed from the meeting.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Additional theme options in order to provide a more pleasing color scheme

The provided color schemes make it very difficult to distinguish folders

587 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. you need a more improved search engine for searching for contacts. Allow it to search all fields not just t.he name. Let it sort by column

You need a more improved search engine for searching contacts. Allow it to search all fields not just the name. Let it sort by column so at least you can scan down the column to look for a contact. This feature has been horrible for a long time.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" buttons to emails - reduces email clutter

Add "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" buttons in an email, so that when a recipient clicks on the buttons, the original sender gets a brief pop-up text message saying "Thank You", rather than getting yet another email in the inbox that just says "Thank You". And if the email has multiple recipients, then the "Thank You" pop-up text is only sent back to the original sender. This will reduce the volume of useless "Thank You" emails that end up cluttering our inboxes.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Follow-up meeting button

Create an option for quickly generating follow-up meetings that let a facilitator schedule a new meeting in the future with the same information as the old meeting. It could prompt for a location, time, and date update while retaining the previous meeting's content like an email thread.
    Thanks for considering!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Setting to make meetings Teams meetings by default

Teams meetings are more inclusive, but we sometimes forget to add Teams to the meeting until it's too late. Would love to be able to set my meetings to be Teams meetings by default and just have a "delete Teams meeting" option.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Having private email group

Let say I have frequently mailed to the group of people and every time I need to enter mail ids instead I can create a private email group which is not visible by admin or organization. so that I just my type my private group which distributes mail to

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Move the search box in the title bar to the right-hand side so search box doesn't cover over results

The search box in the latest update covers over the list of emails in the search result with the "recent searches" drop-down.

This is horribly inconvenient, and the search box will be better served by being in the right-hand side where it's not in the way.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Smarter delayed delivery option

I often write email off hours and want to delay delivery until office hours. Please add an easy option to delay delivery until office hours start.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one

Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one would be the best option in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Being able to clone a past meeting would be good instead of copying all the details again.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Print all attachments from email

Ability to Print all attachments at once from an email

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create an e-mail Out of Office Reply option when creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar.

When creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar you should be able to create an auto reply (out of Office) associated with that calendar event. That way if you have multiple periods that you will be out of the office you can have it set up without having to remember just prior to the appointment.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There's possibly now too much empty space in the email window

It'd be great to reduce the new size of the "from", "to" and "CC/BCC" columns in both the Popped Out New Email window and the inset 'reply' window. There's a lot of "dead-air" above the line where one writes the email

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Darken the reading pane in the Dark Gray theme

I love how the Black theme darkens the reading pane with white text on a dark background. I would like this option implemented in the Dark Gray theme as well.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to get the count of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Want number/quantity of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy to meeting/appointment in scheduling assistant. Also there should be a possibility to highlight the row for a selected meeting attendee in the Outlook scheduling assistant. This will improve the readability: when scheduling with lots of attendees, it’s hard to discern which person is unavailable when all you see are blobs of blue with no name connected to them. Allow the feature of busy search to identify users that are tied up with meetings and appointments as well.

Provision of a button on the invite listing names and titles plus how they are connected on an…

469 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy an existing meeting into a new meeting

Allow the copying of an existing meeting into a new meeting that can be edited for content, attendees, time, etc., and then sent. This dramatically decreases the work effort of scheduling meetings and reduces friction between your users and the software.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back more contrast to the tabs please.

Progressive versions of Office since Office 2010 have made it increasingly more difficult to discern between items on the ribbon. Office 2010 by far had the best UI and was the easiest to use. Please consider your customers before making un-necessary changes to something that was once great.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. goto Folder from search list

when i have lots of folder that are nested, and I have done a search, it cam be very difficult to find where the messages are located. I would like the ability to see the path displayed in the search and the ability right click on the message in the search list and select goto Folder. This would place me in the folder where this message was found.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "start zoom meeting" button available in a calendar item

"start zoom meeting" button available in a calendar item

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scheduling Assistant - Time Zones

When scheduling meetings with folks from different time zones than us, can we see the time in their local area also? For example, I am scheduling a meeting with a team in India while I am in the US Pacific time zone. When I am trying to schedule the meeting with India Team, I don't see what the time is for them when I select 7PM pacific.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base