OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Section to add city in People

Add a section in contact to add city

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Repeated Events based on total hours input

First i came from Google education, witch i didn't find what i seek their So i came to Microsoft hope to find it, but all users and business can benefit from this suggestion and any calendar app,

this image give you full aware for my suggestion http://imgur.com/SLqzGh3

the recurring Event have only 3 Range of recurrence : "No end date" , "End after x occurrence" and "End by date".

my suggestion is to add additional one with "Total Hours".

as you know one of the most important function in learning institution is schedule and time table, and now all courses…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to render text in mail list with DirectWrite in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to render text in mail list with DirectWrite in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for supporting high resolution displays.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to Restore Full Proofing Tools or Return to calendar in the same view you left it in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to Restore Full Proofing tools in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
    A little analogue clock positioned below the Calendar in the right hand pane of Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be beneficial as well.

Also, If I am in calendar and have set it up the way I like it (typically week view starting today) then go to email or people and then return to calendar, bring up calendar exactly the way I left it. Currently it comes up starting at first day of the week as I have defined. If today is the last day of the week, I get 6…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to notify Out of Office duration as a Reminder or notification in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide and option to send Out Of Office notification email or reminder in Microsoft Outlook 2016 informing the Out Of Office time period apart from sending an Automatic reply whenever there is an incoming email when Out Of Office is active.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An option of Floating unconfirmed Bookings appointments or tasks in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option of Floating unconfirmed Bookings appointments or tasks in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 where dates have not yet been agreed so they are visible and can be rolled forward to a suitable time frame and confirmed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use current info upon update. Default Email was changed back to an old one, which I can't access, when I installed 2016 update!

Use current info upon update. Default Email in Outlook was changed back to an old one, which I can't access, when I installed 2016 update!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Erase account does´nt work

Erase-account-guide does´nt work in Outlook 2016:

1.Archive
    2.Select settings twice (there is no option to chose settings)
    3.Choose account, and then erase.

How to make it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Powershell attachments in recent items

When using powershell to > to a file (eg. get-something >c:\temp\output.txt), it does not appear in recent items. When opening in Notepad, saving the file, it still does not appear. Even if you modify the file contents and save it, still does not appear.

Only when you rename the file from within notepad, does it appear.
    This would be useful for when needing to export data quickly and attach to an Email, or open in Excel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to move the clickable font applications outside Microsoft Outlook 2016 post

The applications for formatting in Microsoft Outlook 2016 should not be within the post so they can be easily used with constantly going up and down within the post itself.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft Outlook 2016 Apps with right-side banner for corporate communication

There are applications available which offer Windows Screen Saver for showing Corporate Communication messages. Controlled from centralized machine, the system would download executable file, download content, install Apps inside client workstation and modify its registry. Once the computer is idle, the Apps would initiate the Screen Saver and shows Corporate Communication contents.

As the ratio of the laptop screen is getting wider and becomes 16:9 ratio, there might be a place to put those Corporate Communication messages as banner on the right-side of the screen. Hence, outlook 2010 Apps can have this banner and Microsoft can add this feature for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When creating an event, allow sending a notification of it to the user in Outlook 2016

When creating an event allow sending a notification to the user so that they can get to know when was the even email notification was received.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide different GPO settings for the default account and added accounts

We already have GPOs to enable caching in Outlook but these settings are valid for all accounts added. It would make sense to have distinct settings for the default account where I would e.g. cache items for 24 month but for all other accounts maybe only 3 to 12 months for performance reasons regarding OST files.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Toolbar Customizations save all in one ui

When saving Quick Access Toolbar commands, can each ui be saved into one ui. It would be so much easier then saving changes individually or copying the .ui files. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MAPI Extended error for IMessage Object

If IMessage::SubmitError fails and returns MAPIEEXTENDED_ERROR, IMessage::GetLastError gets called. If you supply MAPIERROR structure to Outlook it does not use the information on MAPIERROR in the displayed error box. I think the information returned by GetLastError should be shown in the error message popup.
    See: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/96ca73d6-e4d4-462e-9791-d3e035b288ff/mapi-extended-errors-for-imessage?forum=outlookdev#8803715e-ac2f-4788-b2ad-74eca08b8723

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Note Field and doing incell editing. Multi select fields etc. and changing them all at once without opening.

To open a task, contact etc etc. just to type a simple word or even a small sentence in the note section is too much. It would make it really easier and a less step to do if you can allow us to type into the field directly. Especially if you are typing the same note and having to open them all for 10 tasks is crazy!

Please consider selecting multiple tasks, contacts etc. and being able to change a text all at once. For example, if I have 10 tasks and have in the sentence a word that I…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Zoom

I opened and email that was scanned inforamtion on the page and cannot get it larger. whare is this feature on Office 365 Please add it Thank you.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mail merge from Excel Sheet

I tried sending E-mail messages to two receipients with addresses of two recepients separted by a semicolon through mail merge. Outlook doesn't recognize the format. Please add a feature to allow entry of multiple E-mails which outlook can recognize.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Select All Icon

The select all icons for E-mail messages and Attachments pretty much look similar. It becomes confusing to chhose the right one on the quick access toolbar. Please change the shape of the one meant for attachments. Thanks!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notification when a message send is set to delayed.

Sometimes I use the fearure to not deliver before a specific date and time. I would be really helpful to have a notification at the top of the message (similar to the OOF notification when sending to a recipent with an OOF message set).

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base