OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" buttons to emails - reduces email clutter

Add "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" buttons in an email, so that when a recipient clicks on the buttons, the original sender gets a brief pop-up text message saying "Thank You", rather than getting yet another email in the inbox that just says "Thank You". And if the email has multiple recipients, then the "Thank You" pop-up text is only sent back to the original sender. This will reduce the volume of useless "Thank You" emails that end up cluttering our inboxes.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding Time Zones to Sent email

With so many people working from home and in different time zones, it is tough to decipher exactly what time the sender of the email sent the email since there is no time zone stamped on the sent time of the email. For example, my colleague, Russ sent an email at 12:15 PM in response to another email sent by Rachel at 12:57 PM. Russ is in Denver while Rachel is in Seattle, however, the timestamps only show 12:15pm and 12:57pm. Can we add EST, MST, PST after the time stamps of the sent email? This will make the distributed…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. An option to bold or highlight selected mail folders

Have the ability to bold or highlight, use different font colour on certain mail folders in Outlook. We have so many folders, it would be great be able to be quickly identify in the long list of folders certain ones - even just the main ones.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability to collapse/minimize Message Header in Reading Pane (our new Outlook 365 does not include)

Please add ability to collapse/minimize Message Header in Reading Pane (our new Outlook 365 does not include the chevron)
    Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Banner/icon for BCC'd recipient to know they were a BCC

Add a small banner or icon on emails received by a BCC so the BCC'd recipient knows to be careful in replying or replying all since other recipients don't know the BCC'd recipient was included.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding virtual sticky-notes, and color-coding emails in various ways

I'd love to paste virtual sticky notes on emails to remind myself of details not on the thread. Thanks.

I'd love to color code the entire email in the email list, or at least have an easier way to create new colors and new categories.

Finally, I'd also appreciate an easy way to color code my gazillion email folders. I swear I saw this on someone's computer one time - the folder titles were colors - but I haven't seen or figured it out since then.

Thank you.

Susan V.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Spam/Phishing report button/ feature

This will allow users to quickly report malicious emails. This may work better for organizations to quickly remove these emails from employee inboxes. This can also be used as a training tool for cyber security awareness in terms of spotting malicious emails.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Rethink the direction Outlook is going

The look and feel of Outlook as well as most of the other office applications is continuing to look worse and worse. It's becoming much more childish looking and less professional looking. Many of the sections take up way too much space on the screen. The most recent change to the top of a new message looks totally ridiculous. Why either boxes around To, CC and BCC and not around Subject for example?

Users should also be able to adjust the space between items in the Folder Pane, there is way too much whitespace between items and you have to…

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integration with Zoom, Google Meet or Microsoft Teams so that meeting links can be created directly while scheduling the meetings

Integration with Zoom and Google Meet so that meeting links can be created directly while scheduling the meetings

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Print all attachments from email

Ability to Print all attachments at once from an email

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Wrap long subjects in the reading Pane

Wrap long subjects in the reading Pane

The subject shown in the reading pane is shown only on one line, when it is longer, the last part of the subject is lost and one must open the email to see the full subject.

The Subject should should wrap to the next line to allow full view of the subject in the reading pane.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Schedule Work Offline Mode on Recurring Basis

With Outlooks new emphasis on focus time and quality of life improvement, I would love a feature that allows me to schedule work offline/work online times and toggle the work offline button during these periods of "focus time"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add delay delivery timer in the Outbox window

Please add delay delivery timer in the Outbox window.
    When I have emails that will delivery in the future, they are shown in the Outbox window. But the thing is I can't see the timer, I will have to click on it to open up the email to confirm the timer.
    Suggest screenshot here: https://prnt.sc/tgljem
    Please add the timer column so we can confirm it easier.
    Thank you so much

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Reply All" should tell you how many people you are sending the email to

I understand there is already a feature that warns you if your email is being sent to a large group of people, but sometimes people will hit "Reply All" to a relatively small group of people, only intending it to actually go to one person. This could cause security/NDA violations or personal privacy breaches. Outlook should tell you exactly how many people will get your email once you hit "reply all"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide an export or backup feature for signatures

Provide an export or backup feature for signatures

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When we block a sender it should automatically be moved out of the mail boxes AND ALSO mark more than 1 block emails at once.

When we block a sender it should automatically block, remove from spam/junk & deleted mail, never to be seen again. There are so many Unnecessary steps to get a spam email out of the mail.

PLUS we should be able to block all of the emails in spam at once.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Common actions from email notification toats - Windows, Office 365

Hi All,

While getting an email, notification toast popup and we can close/ignore it (by clicking on -->) or to open the email (by clicking on the toast).

I suggest to add the ability to define a set of "common actions" that can be controlled from the toast.
    In my suggestions I want to have the ability to Delete the mail (move to trash), but you can take it farther – e.g. Replay, Replay All, Forward, Mark as High importance, etc.
    Give the user to ability to define X predefined actions. It can be using button click or swipe (right,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include Delay Delivery option for draft and reply mails

Though there is a Delay Delivery option when we create a new mail. However, those mails which are saved in Draft section or the mail which is in reply/replyAll, there is no such option.
    Can you please suggest if there is any existing solution for this? If not, then can you please include this feature as well?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able to convert an Outlook email to a word document.

I want to be able to take a Outlook email and convert it to word document without losing any of the format. Not necessarily all the indents and stuff, but the main bulk of the email, and convert it directly to a word document for storage, thus eliminating the need to print it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BCC option for Webex meetings

Need to be able to BCC invitees to therapeutic group members for a Webex meeting. This will ensure HIPPA compliance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base