OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email font size

The font size of the email folders is waay too small. 2007 used to allow you to change the font size. Why did you remove it? I can't be the only person out there who would like to make the folder size larger without making everything on my computer bigger. Please make it so we can change the font size of the email folders. And the menu words. Why did you remove it?

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. auto software updates

automatic software updates

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide automatically each new mail with a unique ID number (possibly a progressive number) in Microsoft Outlook 2016

As Corporate we need to assign to each outbound message a specific reference number.
    This has been indeed a MUST on all commercial exchange in the past.
    Current e-mail providers (Outlook) does not include the option to automatically assign an unique ID reference number to every in/out coming mails. This is a big mess

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a feature of main folder Locking in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Some people may have a lot of sub-folders within a folder on the left side column. It would be handy if the main folder could be locked to the underside of the line that separates 'Favorites' with the folders beneath. Why, because when you need to scroll down to the last sub folder for example, you need to scroll all the way back up to be able to close the main folder, thus hiding all the sub folders. So, instead of scrolling, if the main folder heading is locked and doesn't disappear when scrolling it would be much easier to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow changing of IMAP email address

Before updating Outlook, was I able to easily change the email address for an IMAP account. With the latest update, the ability to change the email address on the account was removed and replaced with a static label. Please bring back the ability to change the email address, I use it frequently!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a list of tools that I use is long + ex copy, paste, print ect.

I would like the list of tools that I use is long + ex copy, paste, print ect ...
    1 list of 10 tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a feature to Customize Account Names for email accounts configured in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to Customize Account Names for email accounts configured in Microsoft Outlook 2016 maintaining case as well as re-arrange their order in navigation pane. similar to Windows 10 Mail app. Also It would be helpful for those who are visual to have the option to change the background color of each mailbox, (Inbox, Sent, and Trash), to avoid confusion when quickly navigating between them.

853 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

292 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an option to schedule Out of Office replies for multiple holidays / events in advance

Currently I can only schedule my out of office for one occasion. Allow an option to pre-schedule multiple occasions. For example On July 3rd, when I set it up for 4th of July, allow me to schedule it for the Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas, etc. That way I can set them up when I am not very busy. Also, provide an option to activate / deactivate them. We have 10 or so holidays, so allow a few more and provide 15+ schedule alternatives. Note: I think the common holidays should be default for everybody.

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a feature to send multiple Out-Of-Office messages to the same sender in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Currently Office will send only one out of office message to each sender. Senders usually don't remember the period of absence, so if it is longer than usual they will send messages again, will not receive autoreply, and will believe that I am in the office but ignoring them. There should be an option to choose if you wish to send out of office in reply to more than 1 message from a given sender.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Tabs for opening multiple folders; and then allow draging items (mail, cal, contacts, etc) to the tabs as you would a folder

Allow Tabs for opening multiple folders; and then allow draging items (mail, cal, contacts, etc) to the tabs as you would a folder.

Tabs would be at the top; and then if you wanted to drag an item like an email; if you dragged it to the tab; it would be as if you dragged it to that folder.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a feature to enable notifications on the active device only in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to enable notifications on the active device only in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid multiple devices receiving notifications for the same account.

If I'm using Outlook on my PC and I receive a new email, I don't need my phone going off in my pocket about it. Similar to functionality in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Certified Electronic Signatures In Outlook 2016

Addition of “certified electronic signatures” in Microsoft Outlook 2016 through internal documents or external documents to take the approvals easily even through smartphones. The access of this option must be linked to the mobile of the mailbox owner with a unique code number every time. Initially, these options prove beneficial and useful in all internal documents of any institutions and any external communication between institutions (companies, banks .... etc. ).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How about fixing Outlook so that it retains the selected options!!!

How about fixing Outlook so that it retains the selected options!!!

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show the Display As info instead of the Full Name in the to: line when sending a new message

Show the Display As info instead of the Full Name in the to: line when sending a new message

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Access 2 Outlook accts without having to log out and log in to the other. Like a switcher like Facebook has.

Access 2 Outlook accts without having to log out of one and log in to the other every time. Like an "account switcher" like Facebook has.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix Automatic Replies from Changing Pasted Text to Images

Currently if you paste text from OneNote into Outlook's Automatic Replies text box, it will paste the text as an image file instead of text. Please fix this bug to make Microsoft products work better together! Currently you have to paste text from OneNote to Notepad and again to Outlook to prevent this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop treating the use of a Teams link in a meeting as a change to the meeting

Currently, if someone creates a Teams meeting link in a meeting and an attendee clicks the link to join the meeting, the meeting treats this as a change to the meeting. When you go to close any meeting window after joining via the teams link, Outlook creates a dialog box asking if you want to save changes. This just serves as a completely unnecessary additional click anytime I want to close a meeting. Please stop the use of a link being logged as a change to the meeting. It's quite annoying!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Re-install the Quick Print feature from the old Outlook. Unable to print incoming Attachment. Much needed.

Re-post Quick Print setting in '19 Outlook. Unable to print incoming Attachments; important.

I had posted this before.

Thank you.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide an option to change the default pane that Outlook opens on (e.g., change default from Email to Calendar)

I spend a lot of time randomized by email, so I've started scheduling two 30-minute blocks to check email every day. However, Outlook still opens on Email by default, which can be distracting if I'm just trying to check my Calendar. Being able to set the default pane to the Calendar would help me stay focused and productive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base