OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize Button" in Outlook 2016

Office programs allow users to customize keyboard shortcuts in the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog window. Why doesn't Outlook? The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize" button is missing.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to prevent recipient of mail forwarding to 3rd party

Mulighed for at forhindre at modtager af mail videresender til 3. part

Ability to prevent recipient of mail forwarding to 3rd party

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook should remember its windows sizes and positions

When I open a new Windows inside Outlook for e.g. the Calendar or Tasks, pick a position for it and resize it according to my needs, it should be saved, so once those windows are closed and then reopened, I don't need to do this again.

An older Office Version had this feature, but it seems to have been removed.

Some details on this can be found here, please read the last statement from Jennifer from Microsoft.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeoutlook-msowin10-mso_o365b/outlook-2016-open-in-new-window-doesnt-remember/62ef3d99-aeaa-4575-b033-fdee697421ff

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sort by @-mentions

It would be great if we had the ability to sort for Mentions, similar to Categories, E-mails with @ mentions would be moved to the top of the folder.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

Please add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable an option to display new-mail taskbar icon for multiple folders

I have "Production Orders" auto sort into their own folder using a rule, however since they are not in my inbox I do not get a new-mail taskbar icon to alert me to the fact that I have new mail. It would be nice if there was an option to enable this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The ribbion tool bar

The ribbon tool bar is too large and taking up too much of my screen. Also the icons on the ribbon bar are too large. The colour range does not have enough choice. The older ribbon bar was much better on office 2010 and has gone south in my opinion. I hate the new ribbon bar and the feel of the system. The system is not an improvement over office 2010

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow for rules to be executed after x number of days

Add a new rule criteria that would allow rule actions to be performed after certain number of days.

Ex. Move emails from HelpDesk@123.com to Helpdesk folder after 2 days of email date

Ex. Delete emails from NotMyBoss@123.com after 15 days of emailed date.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve synchronization of junk email settings between app and web interface

Please improve the synchronization between the outlook app and the web interface regarding junk handling.

Or at least improve the documentation/information about the possible problems that can arise due to missing synchronization.

Recently, I have become aware that there are two places were junk email settings can be set, in the web interface and in the outlook app. And more importantly, that these two places have nothing to do with each other! You can add or remove accounts from the safe sender list in one place, but it does not affect the settings on the other place.

I also understand…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Black screen privacy button on task bar - toggle on and toggle off

Add a feature which would allow users to click a button on the task bar to go to a black “privacy” screen. The suggestion is to turn the screen black except the task bar at the bottom. Then you can click the button to unveil your screen and return to your work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add sub-subject

add sub-subject to let original subject without change
    this will keep arranged by conversation as it (original subject) and let who need to amend the subject in new field

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow to "Customize the Ribbon" with drag/drop to improve it.

When the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog box is open, I should be able to click and drag on the buttons in the actual ribbon of the normal Outlook button to rearrange the buttons. The current Ribbon Customize interface is not very intuitive and many ribbon sections cannot be customized further. For example the "Respond" section, or "Delete" section have a specific group of buttons. I can change the location of the group, but I cannot add/remove buttons within the group.

Also in the earlier builds of Outlook you can easily customize ribbon from the right-click context menu, and the ability…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a feature or an option of a shortcut for the Message Recall function in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Un raccourcis sur la fonction rappeler un message ne serait vraiment pas du luxe :(

A shortcut on the function recall a message would not really be luxury :(

La fonction existe depuis toujours mais elle est quasi introuvable y compris en passant par l’aide en ligne … et rappeler un email est une demande régulière.

The function has always existed, but it is almost impossible to find even by using the online help ... and remembering an email is a regular request.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide a feature to display new email icon in Task bar for Focused/Other/ Focused Only /Others Only in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to display new email icon notification in Task bar for Focused/Other/ Focused Only /Others Only in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Also I would like to get the new mail icon in the task bar/system tray for new Focused Inbox items only.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to add a custom mandatory field to emails while sending them.

There should be an option to add a custom mandatory field (similar to how the "To" field is mandatory). Reason for this is that in a support based role, it would be great if we could add a Ticket Reference/Work Item number into the mandatory field, which prompts me to enter this before sending any email. This means that we can always track the email chains by ensuring we forced to enter this information. Also, if this custom field can be part of the automated search function.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please bring back the classic theme and more colors in Outlook 2016

Please bring back the classic themes for Office 2016 like we had in Outlook 2003 and 2007. I

I use the classic theme in Windows 7 and I would prefer to use that, than the current 4 themes currently provided in Office 2016.

Why do I want this feature to come back? The classic theme is much easier on my eyes than the themes offered currently in Office 2016.

Also, you must have more options to add color in outlook! I loved the dashboard of office 2007 and just upgraded to 2016 and it seems so sterile!

Thanks,
    Chris

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide a feature to create Temporary rules in Microsoft Outlook

A feature to create temporary rules, i.e., a rule which will only be in effect for the following day/week, and then gets automatically deleted/disabled.

The specific scenario I have in mind is for managing email threads. I could create a rule such that, until end-of-day/week, emails from that thread will automatically go into a specific folder. Many threads don't last so long that I want to create a permanent rule, since I don't want to deal with managing deprecated rules later, and if a thread does last long enough to outlast the rule, either I need to catch up or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. can you adjust your dictionary so that the English dictonary is UK english and not forcing american spellings

can you adjust your dictionary so that the English dictionary is UK English and not forcing American spellings,

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base