OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show the user calendar in Outlook client whose hidden from GAL in the cloud environment

When using O365 Outlook we are not able to load the user calendar whose hidden from GAL. The hidden users’ calendar can be loaded and shown in Outlook client in the on-prem deployment, so I would like you to enable doing this in the O365 environment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Time Scales in Outlook Calendar

Allow custom time scale for Outlook calendar appointment defaults (e.g. 25m appointments instead of 30; 55m appointments instead of 60)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy an existing meeting into a new meeting

Allow the copying of an existing meeting into a new meeting that can be edited for content, attendees, time, etc., and then sent. This dramatically decreases the work effort of scheduling meetings and reduces friction between your users and the software.

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically decline invites without automatically accepting invites

Automatically decline invites which are in conflict with another meeting without automatically accepting invites

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When adding a new appointment or event to the outlook calendar, enable a feature to add the event to all calendars under "My Calendars"

When adding a new appointment or event to the outlook calendar, enable a feature to add the event to all calendars under "My Calendars"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show accepted meeting without sending email.

When I accept a meeting (or provide a response) but choose not to email the sender, my calendar updates with the action for me only. It should update and show for the sender as well. I should not have to spam or receive spam acceptance emails just to see who's coming or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to schedule time to address email

1. I receive an email.

2. I mark that email with a flag because I have to perform a certain action for this email. The result of adding the flag, is that Outlook shows a task based on this email.

3. Now I want to be able to go to this email or the task of the email and schedule time in my calendar to perform the required action for this email. This calendar event should be linked to the email or the linked task.

This makes so much sense to me, but is not yet possible in Outlook. You can only set…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to enter TimeZone when creating appointments

Since we're working remotely with others across the states and across the world, it would be very helpful if, when we are creating an appointment and we enter the time, we could either enter the timezone (such as Eastern) or at least the geographical location (the time would be wherever they are such as Bangalore). This way when we want to create an appointment for someone in Australia, we can select a time for our attendee that would be appropriate (such as 9AM).
    Note, that you would also have to add a dialog that, if the user is is not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Week numbers should be configurable to allow them to start based on financial, fiscal or school years

Week numbers should be configurable to allow them to start based on financial, fiscal or school years, especially as these may fall at different times depending on your country

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Color change between months in calendar

Previously the calendar color would change slightly between each month making it easy to spot the the first day of the proceeding month or vice versa. Please bring this back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I love the next 7 days feature, could it be modified to the next 7 working days?

Could "Next 7 Days" Feature be modified to "Next 7 Working Days" or choice of either?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Accept hyperlinks and phone numbers for calendar meeting locations

I have so many Zoom/Webex/Teams meetings now, it would be very handy if i could just copy a webpage address or phone number into a location for an online meeting. that would allow me to just click location and connect to the website.

simple fix with big impacts in a COVID world

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Highlight organised meetings that have a declined or not responded attendee

Highlight organised meetings that have a declined or not responded attendee. This would enable a quick glance across your week to see if you need to follow up any required attendees.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Same calendar entry to syncronize notes for future dates

Scheduled to work on project for number of days ahead. Worked on project and made notes in the today's calendar entry. Next day will open the calendar entry and want to have notes from the past. Currently copy/paste notes to future calendar entries to keep proper track and accumulate records/notes as project develops.
    Proposed to synchronize notes from today's calendar entry to all future calendar entries with the same name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display all conflicts for a recurring meeting while scheduling

Currently a notice is shown for a recurring meeting that "17 instances of this recurring appointment conflict with other appointments on your Calendar." I would like this to include an option or link I can use to see the entire list. I don't just want the first conflict, or to see them one at a time, I want a list that has all of my conflicts to review as a whole.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display all invited attendees on the calendar

When invited to a meeting I can only see who the other attendees are in the invitation e-mail, but once I approve the e-mail is deleted and I have to dig in the trash in order to find out who was invited to the meeting. It would be useful to make the invitee list (maybe even approval status?) visible when viewing the meeting on the calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Microsoft 365 (Outlook) send a notification/reminder of an upcoming appt or mtg via text message.

I have Microsoft 365. It would be very helpful if reminders of upcoming scheduled meetings or appointments could be sent via Text message either to the outlook subscriber or make it a variable cell phone number box to remind the family member that has the meeting or appointment if the family is operating all on one calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please give a feature to export all calenders into a zip file

As I working with multiple calender's its very difficult for me to export every calendar one by one for backup

It would be very helpful if you add this feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Final Recurring Event Confirmation/Extension Prompt

On the final day of a recurring event (for example, a daily reminder to perform a backup), it would be nice to be prompted at the scheduled time for Calendar to say something like "This is your final recurring event. Do you want to extend this recurrence?"

I have had situations where I have set recurring events for a certain time period, and then forgotten all about them because I was no longer prompted after the expiration period had completed - if that makes sense?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Calendar Meeting Info Lock or Permissons, and Read Only, no copy or paste of info.

Calendar Meeting Info Lock or Permissions Security. Read Only, no copy or paste of info. Have users that don't Accept meeting, they copy the info and some how create a new meeting invite of their own, that messes up the chain of invites.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base