Full featured reminders window
I use the reminders window as a to-do list. I have multiple items in my reminders window, including meetings, tasks and flagged emails. I would like to see some of the following:
- user adjustable window size to see a longer reminder list
- More fields / field column chooser (such as owner, folder,category, etc.)
- Ability to sort by these columns
- Checkbox column to quickly clear completed tasks
- Ability to see upcoming reminders (perhaps 1 day or 1 week's worth)
- Set reminders for any field / object (several plugins allow this)
- Quickly reset reminder date (as opposed to a snooze)
There is a 3rd party product called Reminder Manager that has much of this functionality, but it is very buggy with the latest version of outlook.
You should be able to schedule reminders an arbitrary length of time before the event and not be limited to a fixed set of times ending at only 2 weeks out.
Lauretta Griffin commented
Calendar reminders need to me more aggressive. If you don't happen to be looking at your screen when a reminder is issued, you miss it. Many people (like us) mute the sound on their computers too. We need a reminder that will not quietly sit in the background but will jump into our face and say "don't forget this appointment", flashing, blinking windows that will not go away until you make a choice to dismiss them. I want something to smack me in the face and say "it's time!" Pleeeaassse!
PLEASE MAKE THE REMINDERS WINDOW RESIZEABLE LIKE OTHER WINDOWS.
AND IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL TO MAKE THE EXISTING WINDOW HAVE MORE REMINDERS LISTED.
I need my meeting reminders to be more prominent I work to fast and keep missing them. my laptop is on mute...
recordatorio de citas y actividades calendario audible
appointment reminder and audible calendar activities
Please add sort functionality on the two columns in the Reminders window.
La fenêtre de rappel n'a pas été améliorée depuis très longtemps. Pourtant, il s'agit d'un élément qui, je pense, est beaucoup utilisé.
* Les éléments sur la fenêtre sont trop petits.
* Reporter une tâche demande trop de clics. Il faudrait qu'il y ait des petits boutons sur chaque ligne permettant de reporter directement la tâche (15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1h, 4h, 8h, 1 jour).
* Une boîte à cocher devrait permettre de marquer la tâche comme complétée sans avoir à l'ouvrir ou faire un clic droit dessus.
I'll upvote this. What I'm really looking for is a suggestion to upvote for adding the following to the Outlook (Desktop) Reminder options:
Click snooze to be reminded:
60 minutes before start
45 minutes before start
30 minutes before start
and user specified minutes before start
The reason is that we do not all work within a 15 minute walk of where we need to be before a meeting starts.
Ideally we could type in any amount of time. But for me, giving me personally, the choice of 60 minutes before start and 30 minutes before start is good enough.
Reminders should be expanded immensely. It's the only place where someone can see both thier calendar items and they're to-do items in one place. So much that could be done if the window was expanded and additional features were added.