New Meeting Reminder behavior in Outlook 2016
Here are a few suggestions that I hope will be reviewed as a better implementation of the Outlook Reminder Window:
1) Change Outlook's systray icon so it shows a triggered reminder by flashing and/or overlay with some indicator
2) Use a new icon for #2
3) Prevent reminder from appearing on top when full-screen application is running
4) Configure the pop-up behavior based on type of meeting or response
5) Use a different instance of the Reminder window so it has its own taskbar entry and does not get stacked underneath the Outlook application in the taskbar when the user has "Grouping" enabled.
Highlighting and flashing taskbar item is NOT effective as users have been "trained" to ignore it thinking that it's just another application window event just like all other application windows (especially case #5).
Ben Hughes commented
Would love to see the 'current meeting' lightly flashing 15 mins (+/-) before start time and during the meeting.
Especially no. 3 is interesting to me - extremely annoying!
If this is about making meeting reminders more obvious, it gets my vote. I miss too many meetings due to the easily missed reminder that currently exists.
Dans l'affichage des rendez-vous prévoire une icône pour indiquer qu'un rappel est activé
In the Appointments view, an icon indicates that a reminder is enabled
Deric Brookman commented
Make the Outlook Reminders fit the number of reminders, or at least make it adjustable for people who have many reminders
This is brutal. In previous version of Outlook, I had to download Growl and an Outlook add-in for Growl to make a reminder for a meeting really pop and get your attention. Looks like I have to do something like that again for 2016. I cannot believe there was not enough feedback to have gotten this done for 2016
David Brennan commented
Allow the meeting reminders window to be resizeable as it is too small and generally unusable
<sigh> I just missed another meeting because Outlook's reminder just sat there on the taskbar, not getting my attention in any way.
I agree with most of what Dave H. is requesting. I would like to be able to customize how the reminder window shows up and when it shows up.
The user should be able to change how the following options are set:
- Where the reminder window is displayed. Does it pop up on top of all other windwos, or is it only displayed on the task bar. Does it flash and for how long.
- How the reminder is displayed based on the type of reminder it is (meeting, task, etc.)
- How reminders are, or are not, displayed when in presentation mode similar to the way Skype for Business is set. (The outlook team should be able to get sample code from the SfB team since they're all one big happy family now.)
I don't mind, too much, how Outlook is configured out of the box, but please let each user decide how Outlook should be configured to let them be as productive as possible.