OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different Email Signatures for internal/external emails

Create an option to automatically choose & being able to create signatures based on receiving email adress, either internal or external.

293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to send from outlook using alias accounts

Please add the ability to send from an email alias from within the software (instead of having to use the online version to do so).

The user interface and features of the desktop version of Outlook are much better than the online version and I would like to be able to do all my communicating from there. However, without the ability to send from my other alias emails, I cannot do so. Thank you.

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to Customize the Office Applications themes independently.

It would be nice if we could customize the color scheme / look and feel of the office apps independently of each other. I like my word in dark theme but One Note and Outlook in their respective colors. Now you have to choose one look wholesale for the whole system which seems strange.

Also, please add a ‘Classic Office’ Theme to render all office products in their default themes from 2003/2007/2012.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

124 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to handle duplicate contacts efficiently in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to provide ability to identify likely duplicate contacts, select one as the real contact and be able to compare and manually merge that record to information from any of the duplicates on a field by field basis in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to change the font, its size and choice of style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of email

Allow us to change the font, its size, and style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of an email. I have checked online and lots of people have this problem, no fix has been suggested. July 24, 2018

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an option to configure emails accounts using manual settings in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to configure emails accounts using manual settings in Microsoft Outlook 2016 like in legacy versions.

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unread Email Count - Move it back!

I hate that the new unread email count for any box is aligned to the right. I cannot find anything online on how to fix this. PLEASE change this back or at least give the user the ability to determine if they want the count number next to the folder name or aligned differently.

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. List of attachements in Mailheader and Add a search option then you click FILE from the Outlook menu bar

Hello, how in some versions on outlook before 2016 presented, I need the possibility to show many attachments in form of list in the mail (with whole filename and maybe with size of file in one line). In version 2016 I have only the view of many attachments with huge symbols beside filename. In case of long filenames they are cut and it's not possible to see them all in one view.
    If possible please provide an option to sort or re arrange the files attached to an email so we can sort or set them as required.
    I only…

266 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The ability to have an email reminder for a calendar event

Be able to set an email reminder for an event in your calendar

256 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow printing of e-mails from Android smart phones

Allow printing of e-mails from Android smart phones.

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restore the ability to specify Low, Medium, High level of detail in all calendar views (day, week, work week, month)

Restore the ability to specify Low, Medium, High level of detail in all calendar views (day, week, work week, month). Also In Monthly Calendar View, an option to choose 1st DATE of a month i.e. 1st January regardless of which day of the week (Tuesday, Saturday etc ) the 1st falls would be an added benefit.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ribbon should not switch over to the Attachment Tab unless we need to perform any action related to attachments in Email

The Ribbon switches automatically to the Attachment Tab and stays there whenever an attachment is clicked on in an email message. It is required to switch back to the Message or any other tab manually by the user in order to reply to a message or perform another function not related to an attachment. The ribbon shall not move to the attachment tab and stay where it is unless the user switches the tab himself to perform any action related to the attachment.

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an option to disable @mention feature in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to disable @mention feature in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to safeguard confidential information.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to make Unread emails more visible in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option to make the unread emails stand out more in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as it would make it easy to distinguish between Read and Unread emails.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option of right-click menu in the Calendar section of the To Do bar In Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide the ability to right-click on any of the scheduled items listed in the Calendar section of the To Do bar in Outlook 2016. It takes an extra 3-5 steps to do the same thing that used take a single right-click. It will be really great if the following options are also added in the right click : Join Skype meeting, Accept, Tentative or Decline, Reply, Reply All or Forward, Mark Private, Show As or Categorize the meeting, start a linked OneNote session or delete the item without switching over to the Calendar.

249 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Compose window entry fields for TO and CC are way bigger than text label in latest update to Microsoft Outlook 2016.

The entry fields for TO and CC are taller than the spacing of their labels to the left. This leaves less vertical space for the Subject entry field (both not aligned to its label, as well as narrower than the TO & CC fields), and looks very sloppy. Please revert it to the older format or provide an option to select between the new and old format.

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to add signature to Automatic Replies (Out of Office) signature

Be able to use a signature (with images) in Automatic Replies (Out of Office)

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to edit the subject line and add the time span of the email in Microsoft Outlook Client 2016.

Option to edit the subject title of the email and add the time span in Microsoft Outlook 2016, so that we can update the subject header of emails received and save it in a document file.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show declines directly in the calendar - warn if there are no accepts

When I have a meeting with one person and they decline, the meeting still shows in my calendar. If I have a meeting with two people and they both decline, the meeting is still in my calendar. The only way I can tell is if I open the item and check the list.

It would be wonderful if I could see this DIRECTLY IN THE CALENDAR. Like a "Hey - EVERYONE declined the meeting!!!!" warning. Even for meeting reminders "Hey - that meeting you have in 15 minutes - nobody's coming!!! Just thought I'd warn you!"

Those would all be…

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to "Accept" or "Reject" multiple appointments by selecting the invites (for example with CTRL+Click)

Should have the ability to select multiple appointment invitations and have the normal accept or reject options apply to all the invitations at once.

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base