OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an option to make text of Outlook folders containing Unread Items Bold in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make text of Outlook folders containing Unread Items Bold in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to set it apart or easy to distinguish from other folders would be beneficial.

358 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

105 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Categories management or Color categorize occurrence of a repeating meeting in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Categories are an excellent, more modern, and flexible alternative to folders. However, managing and assigning categories in Outlook (both client and web) for POP, IMAP as well as Exchange.

For ex.: Right now we are unable to condense long email conversations unless we organize by date. A feature where you can tag or categorize an entire conversation in the condensed format would be hugely helpful.

Often I need to be able to find all of the meetings for a specific committee or board but doesn't seem to be an option – a few more colors would also be good. Hereby…

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

201 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import contacts from iCloud

Allow outlook to import contacts directly from i Cloud. It looks like it should work as there is the option that come up, Import to outlook but then you only get the first contact. I opened up the file with excel and can see the other contacts. with 1400 contacts doing them one at a time is a non starter. Also It would be great if you could finally embed directly i Cloud or Gmail accounts or calendar (as in Windows Mail or in the mail client "EM client")

If you are not going to get this working then icloud…

338 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Suggest a Folder when Moving e-mails based on Prior History

In a constant battle to manage our Inbox, It would be great to have Outlook suggest a folder where I will most likely want to file an email based on my history. For example, if I receive a Monthly Revenue report from the same person each month and file it in a folder titled "Financial Reports", Outlook could have that folder highlighted for me when I press CTRL-SHIFT-V (or select the Move drop-down in the Ribbon) so that all I have to do is press ENTER to move that message. Folder suggestions could be made from prior email history and…

325 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Working from home option - Calendar

It would be great to be able to show working from home in Calendar. However it needs to be also shown as 'free' so meetings can be booked normally. This will allow visibility to all persons who can see your calendar. They will know whether to book a Teams or face to face meeting for example

322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a feature or option to assign colors to Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

This is not for the "categories" for color-coding each entry... those haven't really changed, and although I would love more color options, it works. BUT, I'm really sad that the new "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" Outlook calendar color options have been severely reduced and honestly folks, these colors are sad. Get rid of pink. Forever. Or make it the 30th choice. So hard to look at. We need more than 9 options... I regularly have far more than 9 calendars open and need to be able to quickly differentiate. It is nice that you can now dedicate a specific…

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to assign colors for incoming emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for easy identification

Provide an option to assign colors for incoming emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for easy identification. Designate my supervisors emails writing in Red as an example. Just being able to assign a font color to a person for incoming mail so they pop out at you. Especially when you receive hundreds of emails a day. I would rather have that then the little color boxes.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Undo Send (10 second delay before sending) like Office 365 version

The online version of office 365 allows you to set a rule/setting that will allow you to undo a send for up to 10 seconds after hitting send. Please give that feature to the full version of Outlook.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide an option to schedule Out of Office replies for multiple holidays / events in advance

Currently I can only schedule my out of office for one occasion. Allow an option to pre-schedule multiple occasions. For example On July 3rd, when I set it up for 4th of July, allow me to schedule it for the Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas, etc. That way I can set them up when I am not very busy. Also, provide an option to activate / deactivate them. We have 10 or so holidays, so allow a few more and provide 15+ schedule alternatives. Note: I think the common holidays should be default for everybody.

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change colors of Outlook or Word icons

In the task bar, latest icons for Outlook 365 and Word 365 are too similar (blue).
    It's confusing.

Regards,

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Indonesia Calender for Holiday

Please Add Indonesia Calender for Holiday

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to apply Automatic replies (out-of-office) recurrence in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

It would be great to be able to specify recurrence (same as in calendar appointments) on automatic replies (out of office) in Outlook 2016. For example: I am out of office every "odd" Friday.

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Family Calendars cannot be updated from Outlook Desktop

Using Outlook 2016 for Windows, I cannot add or update events to my Outlook.com family calendar.

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Outlook team is working on this update. We will add support for adding and updating events on family calendars as part of an overall improvement to shared calendars in Outlook.

We will post a subsequent status update when the shared calendar improvements are available for you to use in Outlook. Our current ETA is to begin releasing to subscription customers who are using Outlook 2016 this summer (July 2018).

15. Give the user the ability to manually enter dates for recurring appointments that are slightly irregular in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Give the user the ability to manually enter dates for recurring appointments that are slightly irregular in Microsoft Outlook 2016 enabling user to over ride the Public or other holidays. Also enable the user to set and update recurring meetings and events as well that are on regular intervals. In the month of May, we have 5 Wednesday or Tuesdays, When we want to set up a recurring event for the fifth Wednesday, I have one option, Last. Then I have 2 events on a 4 Wednesday month and this needs to be looked into as well.

This functionality is…

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to provide Like button for an Email and other components like Calendar items in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to provide like button or share reactions to appreciate the information from the sender rather than sending an email, or other functions like Calendar, tasks etc. that would also reduce clutter otherwise generated.

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Options to store and display Contact details with all the information and options to manage them.

Make it possible to display as well as store all the information related to a contact in People section in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to make it more effective to use. Phone numbers stored and displayed should include all the information in Microsoft Outlook 2016 which include area code and the country code not just the local number. Also if we can get the postal code or Zip Code to auto populate based on the address entered it would be an added benefit. Addition or customization and addition of business card is also needed.

Also i would really like to be…

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to allow Rules to use BCC to selected recipient so that we can BCC emails in Outlook 2016

Currently rules only allow rules to CC a recipient. Provide an option to enable BCC while creating or managing rules. It will allow us to BCC emails and so nobody get to know about the same emails which we are sending in multiple groups.

290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to handle duplicate contacts efficiently in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to provide ability to identify likely duplicate contacts, select one as the real contact and be able to compare and manually merge that record to information from any of the duplicates on a field by field basis in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to Customize the Office Applications themes independently.

It would be nice if we could customize the color scheme / look and feel of the office apps independently of each other. I like my word in dark theme but One Note and Outlook in their respective colors. Now you have to choose one look wholesale for the whole system which seems strange.

Also, please add a ‘Classic Office’ Theme to render all office products in their default themes from 2003/2007/2012.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

124 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base