OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folder Icons , Fonts and Colors

Allow Email Folder Icons to be changed. User should be able to change the folder color , Font and actual menu Icon used.

602 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

213 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Drag and Drop to Calendar

Since the dawn of outlook 2003 we had the ability to drag an email over to the calendar including attachments and create a new event. With outlook 2016 that feature has disappeared.

602 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow Outlook 2016 to sync with ical

enable Outlook 2016 to sync with iCal

579 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

124 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Block Senders Domain in Junk

When getting lots of junk email with same domain name(with different email accounts) it would be great if we get an option to block senders domain. We can edit the blocked senders , but its again a tedious process and we may end up doing this daily. Adding a button on Junk so we can block the senders domain right away would be an easier way to tackle this menace.

575 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically block of 15 minutes before and after each meeting

It is my manual task to always block some time before and after meetings, lot's of extra clicking in Outlook. I would love to see a feature or someone explain to me how I can tell Outlook, to by default make my meetings appear to start 15 minutes earlier and stop 15 minutes later, than they actually do, so no one can book back to back through my entire schedule.

565 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to reduce the symbol of attachments

Hide information about attachment size in message view and reduce size of the icon attachment, so that only one line is consumed (like in older versions of outlook). This could be incorporated in the minimal header feature.

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-nachrichtenansicht/f2a98eb2-8917-48f1-8987-95f47d0c352a

558 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

161 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the "Manage rules and alerts" or there should be a rule like "Move after I read" the emails in Outlook 2016

The rules and alerts are powerful and very important in properly organizing Microsoft Outlook inbox. However it has been observed:

The User Interface is old. The dialog cannot be re-sized and managing many rules becomes tedious.

All the rules are not compatible between web version and desktop client even when the features are available on both. While not having some sounds or special events on the web version can be understandable, not being able to categorize the emails is annoying. It would be nice to have some "cleanup features" to review the rules. Also Creation of rules to automatic categorization…

555 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

305 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Even "minimized" reading pane header is still too tall

When reading pane is set to "bottom", the header area of the reading pane is much too tall. Even when it's set to the "minimized" height, it still takes so much height that I can't see enough content in the message list and reading pane.

On my 1800px-high screen, there's 270px between the bottom of the message list and the top of the reading pane content. That 270px could increase the number of visible messages in my message list by 60% if it wasn't wasted on useless header content.

Here's some ideas :
    1) put reply/forward/reply-to buttons on the same…

549 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add search field for folders when moving items to another folder

In Outlook 2016: I have many new incoming mails every day from different people with different topics. All mails of one topic should be placed in one specific folder but not in "Incoming". So I have a huge number of subfolders in my post office box. Actually, I pick one or more mail(s) from "Incoming" an place them e.g. in the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge". Because of the huge numer of folgers and subfolder, I need some time to find the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge". So I thought about to use the function "Element verschieben" ("Move element" or something like that). But there I…

544 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

188 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to specify their pronouns.

Add an official way for users to specify their preferred pronouns - he/him, they/them, etc. Ideally this would be easily changeable, and not require people picking options from a list.

521 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Set up Recuring out of Office Replies for certain dates.

At my job we are on a 9/80 schedule so we have off every other Friday, so It would be nice to set up out of office replies like a recurring meeting on those days. Also would like to be able to schedule more than 1 out of office reply for the future. Long story short be able to give the same options as meeting request to out of office replies.

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Sticky Notes or Notes to emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Keep 'open item' emails in my inbox, and while we can categorize them to help them remember what's what, it would be very helpful if we could add a simple note to the Inbox view (i.e. without having to open the email), just saying "with John for review", or "sent to group, awaiting feedback", or "chase by Friday".

Perhaps the 'comment' functionality from Office could work, with just a little speech bubble that opens when hovered over - this would make my life MUCH easier!
    Also, it would be good to attach a little sticky note to an email for…

500 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full Outlook Contact Access From Email

I want to be able to access a full contact record in Outlook from an open Outlook email like you could before Outlook 2013. Ideally I could click on a persons name in an email and a full contact record would open. Instead, starting in Outlook 2013 and in Office 365, a small contact card without full contact management features opens. Some may want it to work the new way, but some may want it to work the old way so there should be a setting on what happens when you click on an email address on the to: or…

492 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Outlook calendar: set work hours for individual weekdays.

Options>Calendar>Work time>
    Work hours start time & end time should be adjustable for the different weekdays not only the week as a whole.

(Monday 8-16, Tuesday 9-17, Wednesday 10.30-16.50 etc.)

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Outlook Meeting Response Option of "INFORMATION ONLY"

Meetings as FYI Only -

Please add a fourth meeting response option such as "Information Only" which automatically responds "Decline" but leaves the meeting info on your calendar. The meeting response would also automatically show the calendar as "FREE" with "No Reminder". This allows the user to change their response without having to sift through deleted emails or respond tentative leaving others to guess as to your meeting participation when you have no intention of going at all.

467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. One inbox for multiple IMAP accounts in Outlook 2016

The possibility to create a virtual folder that contains all email elements of different IMAP accounts.

462 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New dark Office Theme

Would be nice to see a new dark Office theme with colour accents like the colourful theme has. Also, having separate theme settings for the different Office products would be nice since I don't necessarily want dark mode on Word but really like it on Outlook.

451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Accept meetings as "in person" or "remote" in Outlook 2016

It'd be great to understand whether attendees for a meeting will be attending via Skype or will be there in-person. Providing attendees with an option to accept a meeting invite “by phone” along with Accept, Tentative, or Decline would be an added benefit.

450 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. outlook configuration sync across machines

Using Office 365 and desktop Outlook, sync the configuration of Outlook for any machine I run it on. Carry through Office 365 my Outlook settings for appearance (message header display, etc.) and client-side rules and folder expire policies. Also add calendar color sync function across devices and for all the protocols. Also t would be great to have a feature where Calendars could synchronized without having to send event invites to different Outlook accounts.

446 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatically replace recipient when replying to emails from Sent folder

Scenario:

We want to follow up on an email I already sent. I click the message in my SENT folder and then "Reply." I end up sending a message to myself.

Some competitor products that shall not be named automatically replace the recipient in this scenario with the recipient of the original email, to avoid the awkward situation of replying to myself.

441 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base