OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Forward\Reply\Reply All with attachments included in Microsoft Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when we forward\reply\reply all to the email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply all to the email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

6,045 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1570 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unified Inbox for Outlook 2016

Outlook needs a unified Inbox similar to the Outlook for iOS app. For those of us with multiple email accounts it would be very convenient to have all emails arrive in one inbox; perhaps color-coded to show which account they were delivered to.

3,015 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

832 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date. Also consider this scenario: Option to be able to pin someone automatically when we reply or send new mail.

We PIN all the “must” people in the CC so it will save our time in putting all the people in the CC every time we send mail. Plus, since there are a lot of “must” people to be filled out in CC, there may be some mistake to not include some…

2,485 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

397 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable colored mailbox folders or Color coded All Unread Inbox

Enable to set colors for the (sub-)folders in the mailbox, because the human brain links words with colors easier. So when I search e.g. the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge", I don't need to search the written folder by eye. No, I can search by the color, that I defined for this folder. I mean, that the background around the letters of the foldername should have a color.

Also, It would be great if there were an “All Unread” email from all different email inboxes. Then each mailbox inbox could have a different color and in the All Unread the emails from that…

1,953 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

308 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add 'Acknowledged' and 'Thanks' buttons to emails that will tell the sender you have seen their email, without having to send another.

Add 'Acknowledged' and 'Thanks' buttons to emails that will tell the sender you have seen/appreciate their email, without having to send another, thereby reducing email traffic.

1,644 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Schedule email and Calendar Appointment in Inbox and Calendar like on iPhone Outlook app!

Add the ability to schedule/archive emails like you can in the wonderful Outlook for iPhone app! Swiping two fingers to the right or left on the email to archive or schedule wonder be amazing! It should include this feature in Drafts as well.

You can swipe to the side and "Schedule" an email in the Inbox to go to a Scheduled folder until the time that you have it scheduled for when it shows up again in your Inbox at the time that you need to deal with it!

This is THE KILLER feature that would put Outlook far above…

1,252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

201 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back the "Show AutoPreview only for unread messages" feature

Outlook 2010 had the ability to show Auto Preview only for read messages. Lack of this feature in Outlook 2016 dramatically reduces the number of mails that I can view without scrolling. For example, my Inbox today in Outlook 2016 shows less than half as many messages as the same Inbox in Outlook 2010.

My work day usually involves 10-20 email conversations. Being able to see them all on the same page without scrolling is important to my efficiency at work. Please bring this feature back!

The "Unread Mail" link above the messages list is not an acceptable substitute (and…

1,062 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

200 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy the color category from calendar to To-Do Bar for All Day Events and assign a color category to meetings, tasks & events

Option to assign a color category to calendar appointments, tasks and emails for specific projects including emails to yourself in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for efficient email management and handling.
    Also, copy the color category from calendar to To-Do Bar for All Day Events

927 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

198 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Options to allow closely spaced folders in Folder Pane or customize it in Microsoft Outlook 2016

The Folder Pane has too much space between folders for a desktop user with a mouse, since Microsoft made the spacing wide to accommodate touch navigation. Provide an easy way to change spacing to a tight single spacing when in desktop mode, so more folders are visible without having to scroll. Also it will be great if extra white space is reduced making the landscape of Outlook look more compact as well as more descriptive(covering more area at the same time). Sections BCC, CC etc. in the new update are much too large at the expense of the mail field…

872 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

241 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto complete using full contact list instead of just "recent contacts"

When I'm writing an email, I would like to be able to type an email from my contacts into the "to" bar and have outlook autocomplete the email without me having to go to the contacts menu.

727 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to put Collapsible sections in new email when composing long emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to insert collapsible sections in new email when composing long emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to large distribution lists as it is often a challenge to decide what should and should not go into the body of the email because of shortening attention spans.

712 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Quick delete button and Flag status are too close together

Outlook 2013/2016,

Quick Delete button and Flag Status button are really close together, please make an option to remove the Quick Delete button. The position of the buttons results in accidentally deleting a message. Also the popup and discard button are too close and it makes it easy to press the wrong button and loose the entire response.

700 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

334 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disable/Remove "Outlook found new events" & "Outlook found a new event" features

Remove "Outlook found new events" in Outlook 365 and "Outlook found a new event" in Outlook mail. It is a useless feature. It is forced into outlook Email and a waste of space. All events such as Amazon receipts/orders/shipping notices already indicate everything needed that is repeated again on the useless "Outlook found new events."

594 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

298 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Folder Icons , Fonts and Colors

Allow Email Folder Icons to be changed. User should be able to change the folder color , Font and actual menu Icon used.

585 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

211 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Block Senders Domain in Junk

When getting lots of junk email with same domain name(with different email accounts) it would be great if we get an option to block senders domain. We can edit the blocked senders , but its again a tedious process and we may end up doing this daily. Adding a button on Junk so we can block the senders domain right away would be an easier way to tackle this menace.

574 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Even "minimized" reading pane header is still too tall

When reading pane is set to "bottom", the header area of the reading pane is much too tall. Even when it's set to the "minimized" height, it still takes so much height that I can't see enough content in the message list and reading pane.

On my 1800px-high screen, there's 270px between the bottom of the message list and the top of the reading pane content. That 270px could increase the number of visible messages in my message list by 60% if it wasn't wasted on useless header content.

Here's some ideas :
    1) put reply/forward/reply-to buttons on the same…

525 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Sticky Notes or Notes to emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Keep 'open item' emails in my inbox, and while we can categorize them to help them remember what's what, it would be very helpful if we could add a simple note to the Inbox view (i.e. without having to open the email), just saying "with John for review", or "sent to group, awaiting feedback", or "chase by Friday".

Perhaps the 'comment' functionality from Office could work, with just a little speech bubble that opens when hovered over - this would make my life MUCH easier!
    Also, it would be good to attach a little sticky note to an email for…

478 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. One inbox for multiple IMAP accounts in Outlook 2016

The possibility to create a virtual folder that contains all email elements of different IMAP accounts.

455 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically replace recipient when replying to emails from Sent folder

Scenario:

We want to follow up on an email I already sent. I click the message in my SENT folder and then "Reply." I end up sending a message to myself.

Some competitor products that shall not be named automatically replace the recipient in this scenario with the recipient of the original email, to avoid the awkward situation of replying to myself.

436 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder

If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder, there should be an undo button to undo last move

430 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 99 100
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base