OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple choices of colors, background and themes like black theme in Desktop Outlook 2016

Multiple choice of colors and themes like black theme in Desktop Outlook 2016. Also provide an option of feature to reduce too much white space used in Microsoft Outlook. The new outlook is very complicated. Unfortunately I was forced to upgrade to outlook 2016 and Windows 10, otherwise I would have kept the old version of outlook. Microsoft need to consider people feedback and make material changes to outlook in order for users to be able to use it in the most efficient way. Right now, I am finding difficulties in using this outlook. Outlook should be more colorful like…

1,417 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

591 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Button for out of office

Please provide a button for setting out of office. easy one click "enter your message here" I always struggle to find and set an out of office reply. shouldnt be this hard.

896 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to reduce the symbol of attachments

Hide information about attachment size in message view and reduce size of the icon attachment, so that only one line is consumed (like in older versions of outlook). This could be incorporated in the minimal header feature.

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-nachrichtenansicht/f2a98eb2-8917-48f1-8987-95f47d0c352a

535 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

153 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fully integrate Microsoft Teams with Microsoft Outlook 2016

Now teams recordings are stored in cloud and that require to access web site separately to view the content. In addition to that, looking for a facility in outlook like, once teams recording content is ready in cloud receiving an email notification with required metadata information can ease users to search locally and just click away content available to users help ease the daily work like forwarding the content or sharing the recording content.

516 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. outlook configuration sync across machines

Using Office 365 and desktop Outlook, sync the configuration of Outlook for any machine I run it on. Carry through Office 365 my Outlook settings for appearance (message header display, etc.) and client-side rules and folder expire policies. Also add calendar color sync function across devices and for all the protocols. Also t would be great to have a feature where Calendars could synchronized without having to send event invites to different Outlook accounts.

446 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make GIF's available for Outlook 2007 to 2016!

I can't see pictures, GIF's on my Outlook from 2007 to 2016. It'd be great for everyone to experience this awesome feature. Even Microsoft has use them and it's sad that I need to send it to other email clients to see it.

433 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to allow font size to be changed or customized and same in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to allow font size to be changed in Microsoft Outlook 2016 including the font and colors for the folder pane. Also make it possible to customize the fonts for Mail, People, Calendar on module basis. Also, Allow user to make a permanent (default setting) change to the font and size template for mail created in Outlook 2016 under Windows 10, not just on a mail-by-mail basis.

Also, set a default font that is always applied to my tasks. They change depending upon the email moved to tasks.

Also, Please give us a way to make the fonts…

428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Solution for Synchronization Problem - Possibility for manual matching of IMAP folders

The possibility to correct the matching of IMAP folders, like in Outlook 2007 should be added.

That means it should be possible to change the settings for the folders were the Sent and Deleted items should be stored.

This is a serious problem in the German Outlook version (17 votes in microsoft comunnity): Due to wrong matching the Synchronization does not work correct. E.g. Outlook stores the sent email in a folder named "Gesendete Elemente" (sent items) and the email provider expects "sent".

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-synchronisiert-imap-ordner-fehlerhaft/91e9041b-00f0-4dae-9b92-c3cbf0655b02

404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full support for shared mailboxes/calendars

Shared mailboxes/contacts/calendars should be fully integrated.

The calendar should pop up notifications as well as for new mail in shared inboxes.
    When creating a new email, the from address should be easily selected, and shared addresses should auto complete. shared contacts should be fully editable. etc. Also It would be useful to be able to share a birthday calendar.

Also, there should be ability to view shared calendars in iOS native calendar also. Additionally an option to share my calendar with someone who had a gmail account that is out of the network I have on Outlook.

362 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

279 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to Customize the Office Applications themes independently.

It would be nice if we could customize the color scheme / look and feel of the office apps independently of each other. I like my word in dark theme but One Note and Outlook in their respective colors. Now you have to choose one look wholesale for the whole system which seems strange.

Also, please add a ‘Classic Office’ Theme to render all office products in their default themes from 2003/2007/2012.

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to make Unread emails more visible in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option to make the unread emails stand out more in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as it would make it easy to distinguish between Read and Unread emails.

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need a spelling and grammar check in the toolbar

need a spelling and grammar check in the toolbar

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Insert Emoji and animated emoji's in email of Outlook 2016

Aay to rapidly insert emoji's/ animated emoji's in emails, much like inserting other symbols.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a way to set the default flag color in flag status and bring back multi color follow up flags.

For those of us that are color blind, the dull red flag in Outlook 2013 is not much different from the gray and is very hard to see, so provide a way to set the default flag color in flag status

Also, bring back multi color follow up flags.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Account Name in Navigation Pane does not preserve capitalization

When you change the account name in the Account Properties dialog, the account name shown in Navigation Pane does not display capitalization and shows lower case. The spelling is correct but the capitalisation used is not reflected in the Navigation Pane.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back the look and feel of Outlook 2010

Outlook 2016 has lost the great UI that Outlook 2010 had. The current colors, fonts, clarity, shapes, icons, etc. are very hard to see and understand. Folders are widely space, screen real estate is squandered, and work productivity is reduced. I realize that many of the changes are to make outlook more compatible with touch screens and mobile apps. However, most Outlook users use it for WORK. We use a keyboard and mouse. We do not use touch screens, but do need Outlook to be easy on the eyes for 8+ hours per day, fast, and easy to use. We…

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More color options for icons in the Quick Access Toolbar

Icons in the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) are now monochrome in Microsoft Outlook 2016. The custom icons which are colored are very limited in number. It would be nice to get Quick Access Toolbar icons in different colors.

Also, as someone with challenged vision, I find Outlook 2016 more difficult to see. I have had to turn on reading pane in order to zoom my emails so I can read them. But I really don’t like using reading pane. I have found a way to increase the font size in my emails list, which is helpful, but other than that,…

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Why does my Outlook have a constant lag in it's operations since the 2016 upgrade?

Office Outlook 2016 runs extremely slow, with a constant lag in all it's operations. ie. when selecting emails or switching between mail, calendar, contacts, there's an average 2-3 second lag. With the calendar, it doesn't scroll properly and has to 'think' about it before jumping forward/backward. selecting This has only started occurring since the 2016 upgrade.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix the new-mail taskbar icon

When I receive a new email in Outlook and read it somewhere else (Outlook, web, etc.), the new-mail icon in the taskbar never changes back to the regular icon, even though there are no new email messages.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove extra whitespace under AutoPreview text in non-Compact Mode

If you turn on AutoPreview in Outlook 2016 and the message list is in its wide mode, each message or conversation has about half a line of empty white space under each message's AutoPreview text.

I use 1-line AutoPreview, so this extra space steals over 10% of the available vertical space in the message list!

To repro:
    1) while viewing inbox, turn off preview pane or move it to the bottom
    2) maximize outlook so that it will switch to its "wide" mode with sender and subject on the same line
    3) turn on auto-preview and set it to 1…

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base