OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create email subfolders in Office 365 Groups

We currently use (mail enabled) Public Folders together with distribution lists to stora all project communication and notify all members.

The new Office 365 Groups would offer similar functionality, however we are missing ability to create subfolders in Group mailbox to organise the mailbox.

For example:
    Group "Project X" displays in Outlook as:

Groups
    >Project X

Which we would like to organise as following:

Groups
    > Project X
    >>Client
    >>Subvendors
    >>Internal

This would also require ability to drag and drop emails inside Group mailbox.

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide Groups in Outlook

It would be nice to hide or remove the "Groups" on the left Tree in Outlook. And to also hide the Groups in the Address Book.

Note: We use Office 365 with AD Sync. We also use PowerBI Groups which created a whole load of groups. We don't want to see PowerBI groups in Outlook!!!

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add option to always BCC group members

Groups are often used for contact lists where it is important to maintain privacy. It would be good to have an option for each group to always BCC members, even if the group is in the To field. The current scenario requires users to remember to put the group in the BCC field every time. An "always bcc" option would prevent mistakes.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. create a group (list) by multiselecting members in the address book

create a group (list) by multiselecting members in the address book

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow unchecking of "Send a meeting invitation to group members" in Outlook 2016

In Outlook on the Web, when you enter a new calendar item in a group you have the ability to uncheck "Send a meeting invitation group members". In Outlook 2016 there is not that ability and the groups we have access to with dozens and dozens of members all get spammed with calendar notifications when entering a calendar item into a group calendar using Outlook 2016.

We would like that ability in Outlook 2016, the same that Outlook on the Web has (to uncheck "Send a meeting invitation group members").

Thank you.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Distribution Group Properties: Expand Owner list

. There is a need to be able to see the listing of multiple owners for Distribution/Security Groups within Outlook.
    Exchange provides the means to have multiple owners; So why can’t Outlook integrate the means to view it? Outlook can list the view of multiple members, so in theory it doesn’t seem impossible to implement a change via R&D. It could be tested, if while tested it doesn’t work at least it was tried, right? It seems as though the idea has been rejected via thought, and not testing.
    I know I have been fighting hard for this, but that…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a Distribution Group from a Category in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option to easily create a Distribution List or Contact Group from an existing Category - without having to enter each contact (Add Members) one at a time.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring Back Group Contact Emails in the search email address history

Group contacts are no longer being remembered in the last email history. Every time I send to a group I have to search for the email in my contacts list because Outlook is not remembering it any longer. Just started on 11/15/17.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Numbering option for contacts in a contact group.

Please make a"contact group" number the contacts in it. My internet provider limits the number of contacts to 100 per email. It is time consuming to have to count each contact group. As my contact groups have new people joining and old people asking to get off them it is difficult to keep track of how many contacts are in each group. Also increase the number of member allowed in a Contact Group. The maximum number should be at least as large as the Recipient Limit for Office 365 Business Essentials (500 recipients).

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sort Groups messages the same order as the rest of the email

It is really confusing to have email sorted by newest first, and groups to be sorted by newest last. Please at least make it configurable, and consider make it the default. It is bad enough that email isn't ordered the same way on different devices.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cut and paste from mail groups to other mail groups

I understand from my review of the MS knowledge base and from an online chat session that there is no way to cut/copy from one mail list/group and paste into another mail list/group. This would be a very convenient feature. Currently I have a rather large list that has been built up over time. But, it has become too large for my email software (Outlook or my ISP, I don’t know which is the limiting factor), and group emails using this group are now rejected. So I have to create two mail groups from the one. And there doesn’t seem…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Groups to sort and View using LastName, FirstName in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to Groups to sort and View emails using LastName, FirstName in Microsoft Outlook 2016

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Group messages: have a feature to mark who has replied to the message and who hasn't so that you can track who you still need an answer from

group messages: when you send a group message, have a feature to mark who has replied to the message and who hasn't so that you can track who you still need an answer from.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding columns to Outlook Contact group dialog.

add columns to Outlook Contact group dialog windows. Add Company Name, Full name, Tele phone contact.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Double click to open Group message

If the reading pane is off in Outlook you cannot open Modern Group messages. We would like to be able to double click on group messages to open them in a new window, similar how you can do with mail items.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Having private email group

Let say I have frequently mailed to the group of people and every time I need to enter mail ids instead I can create a private email group which is not visible by admin or organization. so that I just my type my private group which distributes mail to

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show Teams Channels in Outlook Groups in Outlook 2016

Presently, the Groups folders only shows conversations in the "General" Teams channel. Please provide functionality to display other channels and their conversations. Also provide the ability to drag/drop move/copy selected messages (single or multiple) from any folder in any store in Outlook to/from a Channel with appropriate confirmation prompts such as, "You are about to move X item(s) to/from 'Group Name/Channel Name'. Is this correct?".

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Group inbox

Associate a dedicated Group inbox (like in SharePoint), which we could Cc or Bcc for each email that could interest the Group.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide or add a feature to send Group Calendar event to invite selected attendee instead of to send to all members of the group

Provide or add a feature to send Group Calendar event to invite selected attendee instead of to send to all members of the group in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

O365 Group Calendar -> Invite Attendees -> click to plus sign to remove some user from TO -> send event to selected user.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show me which DL I am part of on an email.

When I receive an email with multiple DL, Outlook should show me which DL I am part of that is causing me to receive that email. This will cut down on clutter by allowing me remove myself from that DL if I do not want to receive the email.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base