OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Tasks and Email with Office 365 Planner or Intergrate Microsoft Planner to Tasks in Outlook

Take tasks or email from Outlook and send them directly to Planner, Office 365 Groups as task.

Reference Office 365 Planner, https://blogs.office.com/2015/09/22/introducing-office-365-planner/#fRR9QJXQ8ZbJhlTt.97.

Or Intergrate Microsoft Planner to Tasks in Outlook 2016

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Ability to insert Check boxes within a Task in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Currently, we can only insert bullets into Tasks. It would be helpful to be able to create checklists. Linking to OneNote is an immediate work-around.

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Statistics

It would be very helpful to have statistics such as number of emails sent/received, response rate, time spent on Outlook, number of emails per conversation/sender/day etc.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Options to create or arrange tasks in sequence.

Ability to sequence tasks in one (or both) of 2 ways:

(1) Manually order tasks in a folder, and have that order be synchronized across clients (including when viewing the same list in the iOS Reminders app.

(2) Daisy-chain tasks such that the status of one is Deferred until 1 or more prerequisite tasks are completed.

(3) Create a column for Prioritizing tasks. Sub Tasks as well to tie all together.
    Ability to show list in calendar view as well. Create column for this priority setting.
    List should show in daily calendar when opened up and ability to create

Also,…

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide an option in outlook tasks to subtasks and contact association in Outlook 2016

Please add the ability to create sub-tasks in Outlook and also add the ability to associate a task with a contact w/o sending the task to that person in Exchange.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set a due time for tasks

Currently, the due time is configured to 12:00 a.m. on the due date. Having the ability to create a due time would be beneficial on an exchange account.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable Tasks to Link to other Tasks

Enable tasks to link to other tasks, and when opening a task provide a way to see the other task that have been linked or related.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an option to sort Task in Outlook 2016

Provide an option to sort the tasks made in outlook 2016 so that redundant tasks can easily be removed from the tasklist. Also providing an option to sort tasks in Microsoft Outlook 2016 by Task subject with an appropriate subject beginning and to be able to click on the top bar in order to have them sort alphabetically would be an added benefit.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unify To-Do List items and Tasks

I think many of us business users get our work actions from e-mails, and it is quite easy and efficient to flag an e-mail for follow up.
    However, flagging e-mails in this fashion doesn't actually turn them into Tasks, but merely a To-Do List item with limited functionality. For example, To-Do List items cannot be assigned to someone else, which is highly inconvenient if you want to pass on some work to a colleague. You also cannot keep track of work assigned to someone else, even if they have shared their Task list, because To-Do items don't appear there.
    On…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Task due date should be automatically added onto Outlook Calendar

If you enter a task with a due date, it should show up in your calendar as either an all-day event or an event at the time assigned (if applicable). When the task is complete, it should update in calendar with the strikethrough formatting.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More options for Tasks in Hosted Exchange environment in Outlook 2016

We don't see any focus by Microsoft on the task functionality for years. Yes you acquired wunderlist but never integrated it into your proven business tools like Microsoft Outlook Client. Also I constantly have task sync issues where changes on one device don't sync to the other one even though using hosted exchange with the most recent version. In addition it is shocking to notice Microsoft dropped tasks functionality on Windows Phone 10. This is hard to believe in regards to it as a business tool. Now Android and iOS have much better exchange tasks support then Windows.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Convert or create tasks to appointment easily.

Microsoft should make it easy to convert/create a task to an appointment to make it easy to schedule a time period on a calendar for task implementation.

It will be nice to look through your tasks and then schedule your day based on those tasks and have them nicely shown on your calendar.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. flag

Please could you develop a feature attached to the flags function so that we can add a note to ourselves of what the flag is for?

I see this working that when I flag an email, another box opens up which allows me to add a reminder as to what I need to do before processing the email, for example.

And if this could go into the Outlook Today page too that would be awesome!

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an option to upgrade mobile versions of Microsoft Outlook 2016 to include task support

Provide an option to upgrade mobile versions of Microsoft Outlook 2016 (iOS and Android) to include task support similar to desktop version.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the option to select a Task Folder when using Quick Steps "Create a task with attachment"

I am working to get a seamless experience across Outlook Tasks and Microsoft To-Do.

This is the scenario:
    When I get an e-mail, I would like to create a task with the incoming e-mail attached (e.g. remind me to reply to that e-mail).

Within Quick Steps there is the option to "Create a task with attachment".

As Microsoft To-Do is using the folder structure within the Task folder to label tasks, I'd like to move the task to a certain Task folder (e.g. "Work"). However, the "Move to folder" action within Quick Steps doesn't allow to select a Task Folder,…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to provide Live Tile for Start for Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make the tile of Microsoft Outlook 2016 bigger and provide Live Tile for Start as well.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Link emails to tasks

A simple drag and drop option to link emails to a task, currently i create tasks by either flagging an email for follow up (then i can't edit the task easily) or by creating a new task (can't link emails related to the task). if i could create a task and then drag the email to link to it, when i open the task i can quickly see all related communications. any other emails in the conversation would automatically link up also

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option of using last location to save attachments from Microsoft Outlook 2016

When we right-click on an in-line image and select 'Save as Picture', we want the last used location to be shown for saving the image. Currently it reverts every time to the 'Pictures' folder. This is inconvenient. One can easily find the Pictures folder from the Navigation Pane on the left if they want to view pictures anyways.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to replace "Tell me what you want to do" with Help in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to replace "Tell me what you want to do" with Insert Picture or Help in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Or adding the option to remove "Tell me what you want to do" completely will be even better.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tasks, add a field project

Create a field project, with a pop-up menu with projects to select.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base