OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable to show Global Address List in contacts pane

OWA can show Address Lists of my organization under "Directory". It is better to find someone or some gruop across my contacts and my organization in a view. Please consider to integrate OWA feature and Outlook feature.

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collect feedback about meetings and make suggestions based on this feedback

Have the option to turn on a small questionnaire (a few questions using Likert scales) to get feedback about calendar appointments and tasks. Then use metadata about the meeting, who it was with/category/time/day/etc, and use this to make suggested meetings based on information gathered from emails or OneNote notes.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate Delve with Outlook desktop and mobile applications

For users that are on Office 365 for Business, having Delve insights added automatically to meetings would be great.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sync text messages with Outlook

Please bring back the feature of setting up and sync SMS messages with Outlook. It would be nice to have Outlook be the hub of all communication.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. integrate Cortana with Outlook natively

It would be great if Cortana were available to integrate in with Outlook directly. It could help detect tasks and suggest appointments based on emails. Also it would be great if it could suggest contacting specific contacts that haven't been contacted in a while. Also remind the users of an upcoming Outlook calendar event with voice reminders through Cortana. Provide an option to use “Cortana” for the Read Aloud feature in Office, especially when running supported PC(Windows 10 PCs).

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. High DPI support for inline images when creating and reading email

While text is scaled properly when reading or writing email in Outlook, inline images are not. Inline images within a message sent from a PC with 100% display scaling will appear too small when viewed on a PC with 200% display scaling, such as on the Surface Book. Conversely, images within a message sent from a PC with 200% display scaling will appear huge when viewed on a PC with 100% display scaling. Also as users have 4k screen and when they “Open in new window” to open a secondary window, such as a calendar the new window opens as…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Solution for Synchronization Problem - Possibility for manual matching of IMAP folders

The possibility to correct the matching of IMAP folders, like in Outlook 2007 should be added.

That means it should be possible to change the settings for the folders were the Sent and Deleted items should be stored.

This is a serious problem in the German Outlook version (17 votes in microsoft comunnity): Due to wrong matching the Synchronization does not work correct. E.g. Outlook stores the sent email in a folder named "Gesendete Elemente" (sent items) and the email provider expects "sent".

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-synchronisiert-imap-ordner-fehlerhaft/91e9041b-00f0-4dae-9b92-c3cbf0655b02

405 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to reduce the symbol of attachments

Hide information about attachment size in message view and reduce size of the icon attachment, so that only one line is consumed (like in older versions of outlook). This could be incorporated in the minimal header feature.

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-nachrichtenansicht/f2a98eb2-8917-48f1-8987-95f47d0c352a

558 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

161 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Print PDF without downloading or opening

Perhaps right clicking on a PDF file to print instead of downloading or opening. Would save a LOT of time.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Message Preview missing from search results

When I type any text into the search box of my inbox, all Message Preview text disappears. Turning on Message Preview in the ribbon or changing the number of preview lines does nothing.

I normally work with the preview pane turned off so I normally rely on Message Preview to help determine which is the correct message to open. With no Message Preview when searching, now I have to open each possible message. Slow!

Please bring back the ability to show Message Preview in Search Results, at least if the Preview Pane is off!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple select calendar items to change "show as" status

You can't change the "show as" (busy/out of office) multiple agenda items at once in the calender. This is very usefull when you want to plan travel time for a meeting in an agenda and alter the show as status.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Still be able to make a manual exchange configuration

Outlook 2016 removes the ability to manually enter Exchange credentials. This is fine in normal operation as Autodiscover should be working but it is a pain during a migration.

Ideally, when moving to 365 or an alternate Exchange service in an SME environment, it is nice to configure all of the new profiles before switching to the new service. One can then simply tell users that on the Monday after the move they have to open "New Profile" when prompted and all of their email (which was imported over the weekend) is ready for them.

Creating the 365 (or other)…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Wildcard search in Address Book (GAL)

In the Address Book of Outlook, there is still only partial name search possible, but no Wildcard search. Please add wildcard search options.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Moving messages to folders with drop down list is too slow

Moving Messages with Drop-down list - Previously the entire list of folders was immediately available to scroll down. Now, only the first few folders appear, and you must click <more> and wait for the full list of folders to populate. Too slow and time consuming! Recent folders at top of list is not really helpful. Bring back the previous drop down feature.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Backspace key in message list should delete selected message, not navigate to random folder

In most windows apps, the Backspace key will delete the current selection, just like the Delete key does. In Outlook's email list, however, backspace will navigate to an unpredictable folder instead of deleting the currently selected message.

This change would be particularly helpful for users who are switching to Windows from the Mac where Backspace is the primary key used for deleting stuff. Or for users running Windows on Mac laptops where there is no Delete key, only backspace.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow Outlook 2016 to sync with ical

enable Outlook 2016 to sync with iCal

579 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

124 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In non-compact mode conversation view, show only unread senders in bold

Currently, if only one message in a conversation is unread, all senders' names are shown in bold text in non-compact mode.

It would be more efficient if only senders of unread messages in that conversation were shown in bold text. Then I could just glance at the sender list to know whether I had to pay attention to the update to the conversation (e.g. my boss just replied) or not (e.g. Bob from Accounting replied).

The Android email client varies the bold/non-bold of senders in conversations, and it's a very helpful time-saver when scanning the mail list.

In compact mode…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove extra whitespace under AutoPreview text in non-Compact Mode

If you turn on AutoPreview in Outlook 2016 and the message list is in its wide mode, each message or conversation has about half a line of empty white space under each message's AutoPreview text.

I use 1-line AutoPreview, so this extra space steals over 10% of the available vertical space in the message list!

To repro:
    1) while viewing inbox, turn off preview pane or move it to the bottom
    2) maximize outlook so that it will switch to its "wide" mode with sender and subject on the same line
    3) turn on auto-preview and set it to 1…

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let me shrink the to-do bar to the width of a calendar month

In Outlook 2016, the To-Do bar's minimum width is almost 40% wider than the width of a calendar month. This wastes valuable real estate on my screen. Instead, I'd like to be able to re size this pane smaller. I'd expect appointments and other content in the To-Do Pane to adjust accordingly, e.g. to switch from 2-lines-per-appointment to 3-lines-per-appointment.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back the "Show AutoPreview only for unread messages" feature

Outlook 2010 had the ability to show Auto Preview only for read messages. Lack of this feature in Outlook 2016 dramatically reduces the number of mails that I can view without scrolling. For example, my Inbox today in Outlook 2016 shows less than half as many messages as the same Inbox in Outlook 2010.

My work day usually involves 10-20 email conversations. Being able to see them all on the same page without scrolling is important to my efficiency at work. Please bring this feature back!

The "Unread Mail" link above the messages list is not an acceptable substitute (and…

1,075 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

205 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base