OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When creating an event, allow sending a notification of it to the user in Outlook 2016

When creating an event allow sending a notification to the user so that they can get to know when was the even email notification was received.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow multiple months in to to-do bar like in outlook 2010

Allow multiple months in the to-do bar like in Outlook 2010. Restricting it to a single month defeats the purpose of having it there.

1,465 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

462 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide ability to edit multiple calendar events in Outlook 2016

When I import an electronic calendar to Outlook 2016 it would be helpful to be able to set reminders for the multiple events imported, rather than having to edit each individual event

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All Communications Visibilty

Hello Dear,

I am working for a multinational corporation and I have more than 17 years of working experience. I believe the future email communication will be tremendously more efficient among the member of the team members if the team members are able to see the communications of others in their emails. This will be a huge time and resource saving if employees can search communications over a special subject. Of course there would be privacy issues which can be limited with adding/removing some features. But Corporate world would have a huge benefit of this as the information cycles through…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notify me if the file I'm saving is open within an email draft.

The following prompt should be added:
    "You are saving this file as part of a draft email. Any changes to this file may be lost if you don't save a copy to your computer. Would you like to save a copy to your computer?"
    Currently, if I open a draft that has an attachment, edit the attachment, then click save, the file saves as part of the draft, but does not save to the original location on my computer. I am not prompted that the file location is not on my computer. So, if I delete the email, or if…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customize keyboard shortcuts including keyboard shortcuts to sort as well as move emails by date and subject in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Other Office applications allow you to customize keyboard shortcuts. So should Outlook 2016. Also provide shortcut keys to sort emails as well as move emails by date and subject. I keep using sorting by date and sort by subject frequently to read the mail history. If outlook can support shortcut keys to do sorting, it will save lots of my efforts.
    In the Reminders window, change the shortcut for snooze to ‘O’ instead of ‘S’. It will be more intuitive then a shortcut that means “Save” everything else. Also it will be much safer, because the letter S, on the…

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add search field for folders when moving items to another folder

In Outlook 2016: I have many new incoming mails every day from different people with different topics. All mails of one topic should be placed in one specific folder but not in "Incoming". So I have a huge number of subfolders in my post office box. Actually, I pick one or more mail(s) from "Incoming" an place them e.g. in the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge". Because of the huge numer of folgers and subfolder, I need some time to find the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge". So I thought about to use the function "Element verschieben" ("Move element" or something like that). But there I…

544 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

188 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable colored mailbox folders or Color coded All Unread Inbox

Enable to set colors for the (sub-)folders in the mailbox, because the human brain links words with colors easier. So when I search e.g. the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge", I don't need to search the written folder by eye. No, I can search by the color, that I defined for this folder. I mean, that the background around the letters of the foldername should have a color.

Also, It would be great if there were an “All Unread” email from all different email inboxes. Then each mailbox inbox could have a different color and in the All Unread the emails from that…

2,010 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

315 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more calendar meeting availability options under show as

Currently, appointments show as free, tentative, busy, working elsewhere, work from home, or out of office. My company has a lot of virtual workers but we do come to the office from time to time. Sometimes, we want to meet face to face so it would be great if the out of office status could be subdivided into Out of Office - Free and Out of Office- Busy. This would allow me to set out of office as a way to indicate I will not be in the office but can make virtual meetings.

230 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enlarging the type in the reading pane

It IS possible to change the size of the type. You simply hold down the CTRL key and then move the scroll wheel on the mouse either one way (to reduce) or the other (to enlarge) to change the size.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Schedule email and Calendar Appointment in Inbox and Calendar like on iPhone Outlook app!

Add the ability to schedule/archive emails like you can in the wonderful Outlook for iPhone app! Swiping two fingers to the right or left on the email to archive or schedule wonder be amazing! It should include this feature in Drafts as well.

You can swipe to the side and "Schedule" an email in the Inbox to go to a Scheduled folder until the time that you have it scheduled for when it shows up again in your Inbox at the time that you need to deal with it!

This is THE KILLER feature that would put Outlook far above…

1,260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

205 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide different GPO settings for the default account and added accounts

We already have GPOs to enable caching in Outlook but these settings are valid for all accounts added. It would make sense to have distinct settings for the default account where I would e.g. cache items for 24 month but for all other accounts maybe only 3 to 12 months for performance reasons regarding OST files.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Possibility to auto-archive a mail-thread within a mail distribution list

A feature to select a mail-thread to be auto-archived automatically. This will not affect other mail-threads among the same users of the distribution list.
    Use case 1: Large DL is used for different topics with high volume of replies. Topics that are not of importance can be auto-archived to prevent cluttering of your inbox.
    Use case 2: Next to auto-archive function a thumbs up can be added. This way the DL knows if the topic is useful or not and is worthwhile to eloborate even more in a follow-up discussion.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Import contacts from iCloud

Allow outlook to import contacts directly from i Cloud. It looks like it should work as there is the option that come up, Import to outlook but then you only get the first contact. I opened up the file with excel and can see the other contacts. with 1400 contacts doing them one at a time is a non starter. Also It would be great if you could finally embed directly i Cloud or Gmail accounts or calendar (as in Windows Mail or in the mail client "EM client")

If you are not going to get this working then icloud…

338 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please make it possible to synchronize Gmail contacts and calendar

Please make it possible to synchronize Gmail contacts and calendar without 3rd party apps.
    Also, It should let you synchronize the google calendar and the contacts, but store it in the Gmail account not locally.

1,754 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

286 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GPO Sync Slider settings

The current settings in the GPOs allow only a fixed cache period, which is now in Outlook 2016 more granular, what is great. But it woulod be beneficial to have two GPO settings regarding this:
    1. The time frame of caching in month (existing)
    2. If the user can change this within the defined time frame
    So for example the GPO fixes 12 month caching, but with the second option, the user could lower to 6 month, but not beyond the 12 month.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to view attachments in the preview pane via windows explorer.

When viewing saved emails from Outlook 2016 in windows explorer using the preview pane, the feature to see whether an email contains an attachment has been removed for Outlook 2013.

I'd like to see this option added back.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a feature to Import contacts from .vcf or vCard file as well as from other accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Please provide an option import and export individual as well as group contacts from VCard or .vcf file for efficient handling/management of Contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016. An option to Import contacts from .vcf / vCard file as well as from other accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be an added benefit. To make the contacts management function more efficiently it needs an option to import multiple contacts at one time to a custom contact screen with specific user fields. Also ability include calendar and tasks on main contact screen with notes too.

367 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Drag and Drop to Calendar

Since the dawn of outlook 2003 we had the ability to drag an email over to the calendar including attachments and create a new event. With outlook 2016 that feature has disappeared.

602 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Account Name in Navigation Pane does not preserve capitalization

When you change the account name in the Account Properties dialog, the account name shown in Navigation Pane does not display capitalization and shows lower case. The spelling is correct but the capitalisation used is not reflected in the Navigation Pane.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base