OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extend the time bar indicator over the current day in Outlook365 calendar view

The time bar indicator in the calendar view should extend over the current day - not only over the past days.
    Currently this leads to the first weekday having almost no visible time bar indicator (just half a circle) and for other days the time bar indicator extends only over past days.

This is confusing and constantly makes one look at appointments from the past day instead the current one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve week view in calendar

Hello, in Outlook Calendar the view has unfortunately deteriorated. The current time used to be shown with a narrow strip in the current day, as it is currently still present in Teams-Calendar.

In Outlook the stripe has been replaced by a dot with a line to the past days. However, this is not a very clear view, especially on a Monday.

A personal setting would be desirable in my opinion !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. activate a reminder at the end of the meeting.

Currently only available a reminder of the start of the meeting, could be useful a reminder for the end of the meeting as well.
    regards,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Work Time" Location

Work Time allows me to share what my core working hours are, as we work in more dynamic ways, I'd like to share location (in office, remote, custom) to help people know where to schedule meetings with me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple organisers for one Outlook appointment

With several organisers for an Outlook appointment, it would be possible to make appointment adjustments if one is not available. Adjusting the calendar description would also be more useful for collaboration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Meeting acceptance (remotely of face to face specification)

Meeting acceptance. Be able to specify whether I participate remotely or face-to-face. Allows the organizer to know what type or size of room to book. Very useful in the current health context (distancing) where large rooms are difficult to find.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Consolidation of events in calendar into one when displaying shared calendars

If there is a shared event in multiple calendars that is shared with you they should be grouped as one with icons showing the attendees

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to hide location field in monthly calendar view

Give the ability to hide the location field in (at least) the monthly calendar view. It would make the view a lot cleaner and less confusing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meeting overdue correction

Currently, the meeting reminder on Outlook shows Overdue in spite of joining already. Can this be corrected so that we just get it right?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better Meeting Update Options Before Hitting Send Update

Ocassionally the meeting update prompt to send to only those impacted (recipients being removed or added) does not show up or prompt. This results in all attendees getting email blasts with updates to the meeting. I'd like to see better options to select who to send the update to before hitting the Send Update button and committing to whatever behavior Outlook takes.

Note: The prior changes in this area were documented here for reference, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-unexpectedly-stops-prompting-and-automatically-sends-meeting-updates-to-all-attendees-18506249-a20a-40c1-941d-95d9206b93ec.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. bring back color coding your out of office hours in your work week

make the hours that you arent in work shaded a different color. It used to work, but now it doesn't even if you set your work hours in the settings. What happened?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add exception rooms for serial meetings

When we arrange a serial meeting and book a room for the serial meeting, the room is not always available. So we have to book the room individually or book the serial meeting individually. It will be good to add exception for a serial meetings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When a meeting invitee suggests a different time, they should be notified of attendee responses in addition to the organizer.

When a meeting invitee suggests a different time for a meeting, they should be notified of attendee responses in addition to the organizer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to leave a reoccurring meeting, without deleting the meeting from my calendar.

The option to leave a reoccurring meeting, without deleting the meeting from my calendar is one I would find very beneficial. I have found many times, that I'm take part in a reoccurring meeting for a period of time, then leave before the main team is done with that reoccurring meeting, which continues on. The only way I've found to clear my future calendar is to decline the meeting, which deletes ALL occurrence of the meeting, not just future meeting dates. I'd like the ability to leave a meeting, and have all the past meetings remain on my calendar for…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Same calendar entry to syncronize notes for future dates

Scheduled to work on project for number of days ahead. Worked on project and made notes in the today's calendar entry. Next day will open the calendar entry and want to have notes from the past. Currently copy/paste notes to future calendar entries to keep proper track and accumulate records/notes as project develops.
    Proposed to synchronize notes from today's calendar entry to all future calendar entries with the same name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to insert contact detail automatically in New Meeting requests

I understand that we can insert my contact details in manually each time I create a new meeting request however it would be less time consuming if this was an automatic option, the same as when creating a mail (the contact details are on the page already)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alerts for upcoming meetings automatically dismiss once you join

I love being alerted 15 minutes before a meeting begins and being able to snooze until 5 minutes before it starts.
    However, the reminder window stays open even after I join the meeting I was reminded about, and it's a little annoying. If the window could be aware that I've joined the meeting it's reminding me of and close automatically, that would be very helpful.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Confirm Meeting to Participants (Reminder)

One or more Buttons to Send a confirmation of meeting; Helps ensure there is no confusion and participants know who will be in attendance (meeting tracking results)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show all meeting participants in Outlook Calendar when hovering over the meeting

Show all meeting participants in Outlook Calendar when hovering over the meeting. When you are the person inviting others to a meeting and you have a bunch of the same meetings, you don't know who you are meeting with at a given time slot unless you click on more buttons. This information should be available when hovering over the meeting rather than clicking all over the place to remember who you are meeting with. Please consider this improvement. It would make life so much easier. If it can show whether the participants have accepted or not, that would also be…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. maximum number of acceptable participants for meetings

Meetings for coleagues vis department distribution lists may end up at 50 people, but only the first 10 may be allowed to come (e.g. frequent trainings).

It would be good to have this organized within the calender management and for everyone visible. Solutions outside are always double work.

Thanks for listening/voting!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base