OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a history possible when an appointment is rescheduled more than once. That way you'll know how many times it has been rescheduled.

Make a history possible when an appointment is rescheduled more than once. That way you'll know how many times it has been rescheduled

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Day Weather information to be aligned with the day of the week

Day Weather information to be aligned with the day of the week,
    for instant, in week view, under the day Monday have the weather information. currently its on its self on right hind side and most of the time people won't read the text they just look at the icon and the temprature, where it come very confusing when today (Friday) weather information displayed above saturday. hence why I have stopped looking at it.

best if we could display the Day Weather information aligned with the day of the week.

Thank you.
    Firas Zain

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams invite info at the top of the message

When creating a Teams invite from an existing thread, the Teams info is appended (at the bottom). Not unfrequently, folks are not seeing that especially in long threads. I suggest the invite information (the link, ph#, etc.) be prepended (at the top).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a tag for "For Review" similar to Importance Tags

Currently, you can tag for importance level (high, low). It would be nice to have a tag that shows a recipient that you want their review of an email you are sending before actually sending to a different audience. This occurs a lot and it would be a nice visual to email handling/workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full size separate Favorites and Folder windows

I have lots of Favorites and lots of Folders that I want quick access to. I have a wide screen. So I would like to have separate Folder and Favorite panes full height from top to bottom of screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be GREAT to have an automated notification for reminders specific to actionable emails

Since many of us at MS get so busy, it would be GREAT to have an option to send out reminders to customers about actionable emails---like 1 week reminder, 3 week, 4 week, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When clicking a web-hyperlink, I would like to select the specific browser window where the link should open.

At times, multiple browser windows are opened to organize the work I am doing. In such instances, if I can direct the links to open in a particular instance of the Browser window, that will make it more effective and efficient for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create teams meeting for a duration like a classic meeting not all the day

Currently when we create a classic meeting on Outlook Desktop the during of this meeting is by default 30 minutes (options of Outlook) but when we create a Teams meeting it's for all day.
    It would be good if it cans use the same option like a classic meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reply as a meeting invite

While replying to an email enable option to convert the response as a meeting invite so that we can reply as a meeting invite whenever required

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy available times from calendar to email

Highlight open times, CTRL+C, then CRTL+V = XX/XX/2020: 11a to 2pm. So you can easily copy available times to help people schedule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option to share Quick Steps with other Outlook users

Option to send a quick step to an Outlook user that would give them the ability to save the Quick Step for their own use.

For example, if I have a Quick Step to send a new message to my secretary and Cc my office manager, it would be beneficial to have the ability to send the Quick Step to a coworker so that they can utilize the same format without having to manually create their own Quick Step. This would help avoid grammatical errors and the chance of entering an invalid email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make "Always move messages in conversation" dialog resizable

The dialog for selecting the target folder is of fixed size, which makes it very cumbersome to navigate more complicated folder structures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Accept 24 hour time in Appointments and tasks

Outlook - Adding new appointment or task interprets 0700 as 7 PM. Everyone knows that 7 PM is 1900 hrs, not 0700 hrs. Please fix this so that entering new morning tasks is not such a chore. Currently when I type in 0700 it displays 7 PM and I have to use the drop-down, then scroll up to 7 AM and change it which wastes 30 seconds on every morning appointment. This should be a no-brainer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Appointments created from tasks can be default tentative or free instead of busy

While in calendar view, when a task is dragged from the task pane to the calendar, the created calendar event is shown as "busy" by default. My idea is to have a setting were dragged tasks create "free" or "tentative" events by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide an option or feature to Hide and un hide Recurring Meetings in Microsoft Outlook.

When Recurring meetings start to fill the calendar, being able to toggle "show/hide Recurring meetings" as well as "show/hide tentative meetings" would be a great help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include Subject Line of received item in your auto response

It would be beneficial to our customers if the auto response that is generated would include the subject line of their sent email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add MailTips for messages that are set for delayed delivery, so that the scheduled delivery time shows up in the MailTips bar.

Incorporate MailTips for messages that are set for delayed delivery, so that the scheduled delivery time shows up in the MailTips bar when you preview the message. This way you don't have to go back in to the delayed delivery options to check the scheduled delivery time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Book a meeting add an agenda and invite people to differnt parts of a meeting.

Book a meeting add an agenda and invite people to differnt parts of a meeting.
    So you don't book 10 people for 3 hours. Instread you can book people to the part of the meeting they need to attend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. have a feedback service that actually allows you to say what problems you are having rather than this utterly stupid system of suggesting a

I have had several issues since being forced to upgrade to Office 365. Now I find I can't get any emails from apps where I am attemting to join, or have forgotten my password - I can't sign into zoom or enrol with new online apps. This new office is making my working life very difficult with all it's controls - that is automatic controls that remove my control. If this continues I will insist on my it comapny installing an older version of outlook. And you cna't even complain! I don't want to suggest a feature! I just want…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 257 258
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base