OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Insert -> Attach File: Add Search Field Above Recent Items

When attaching a file to an email, the list of Recent Items does a great job of listing files you've been working on, which in many cases is the one you want to send. Great feature. But, as time goes on, you may need to attach a file that isn't on the recent items list because you haven't worked on it in a while. Please add a Search Box above Recent Items that acts exactly like Search in the Start Menu. This would make attaching files much more efficient. Normally, I either have to navigate to the file, or I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When we block a sender it should automatically be moved out of the mail boxes AND ALSO mark more than 1 block emails at once.

When we block a sender it should automatically block, remove from spam/junk & deleted mail, never to be seen again. There are so many Unnecessary steps to get a spam email out of the mail.

PLUS we should be able to block all of the emails in spam at once.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Last Year feature in Outlook

"xx-1" for last year and "xx-2" for older than one year to be able to see most recent year by date in outlook. Can help wrap up loose ends from the previous year - especially one like 2020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Email Count

Increase the maximum number of email recipients from 500 to at least 1000. We are communicating via e-mail with more folks than every due to covid19

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide an option to share Quick Steps with other Outlook users

Option to send a quick step to an Outlook user that would give them the ability to save the Quick Step for their own use.

For example, if I have a Quick Step to send a new message to my secretary and Cc my office manager, it would be beneficial to have the ability to send the Quick Step to a coworker so that they can utilize the same format without having to manually create their own Quick Step. This would help avoid grammatical errors and the chance of entering an invalid email address.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. inbox after search

When I search for a specific email in the Outlook client inbox, I find the email and review it, and then click on the inbox again, but then I have to scroll forever to get back to the top (or drag the scroll bar up) to see the most recent emails. Please make it automatic that when you click on Inbox again after a search it goes to the top? Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deleting myself from a mail trail completely without using Ignore

I will like to be able to delete myself from an email trail in outlook (just like i can remove myself from a WhatsApp group) sometimes you get copied by mistake in mails that are not relevant to you and you keep seeing the mail as people respond, i will like to be able to remove myself from the mail trail completely (not just with ignore feature which still goes to my deleted folder)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use .heic image file natively in Outlook and other Office 365 applications

OneDrive now stores images uploaded from an iPhone in .heic format. These currently cannot be used in Office 365 without first conversion to .jpg or supported other image format manually or by use of third party software.
    Please provide the capability to insert or otherwise use .heic files directly in Outlook and other Office 365 applications.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Autostart for Outlook

Implement the autostart function for Outlook at system startup and / or logging into an account. Via a button in the interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to be able to convert an Outlook email to a word document.

I want to be able to take a Outlook email and convert it to word document without losing any of the format. Not necessarily all the indents and stuff, but the main bulk of the email, and convert it directly to a word document for storage, thus eliminating the need to print it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BCC option for Webex meetings

Need to be able to BCC invitees to therapeutic group members for a Webex meeting. This will ensure HIPPA compliance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Highlight Conversations with Unread Messages in "For Follow Up" Search Folder

If I flag a message for follow-up, I can see it in the "For Follow Up" search folder. That folder supports "Conversation View" so I can easily see all the messages related to the follow-up message I flagged. However, when looking at the list of "For Follow Up" conversations it doesn't highlight conversations with unread messages (unless the unread message is the actual message I flagged). Because of this, I need to expand each conversation throughout the day to see if I got a response to a follow-up email I sent.

In other folders, Conversation View will highlight the conversation…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatic Expansion or Collapse of Mailbox Folders

Like many users I have a lot of shared or group accounts in my mail folders. I use Outlook Today to keep me informed of arrivals in more than a dozen Inbox folders and other special folders. If you collapse all mail folders then go to Outlook Today, click on any linked folder and that Mailbox is expanded, but when you exit it stays expanded. Do this often and you soon end up with all mail folder expanded and the list can be longer than your arm to scroll up and down, or you find yourself continually collapsing folders to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Compose email window: the new to/from/subject ribbon is way too big

stop stealing screen real estate for the thing I want to use it for: the contents of my email.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add an archive button next to the trash can button in the message list.

Please add an archive button next to the trash can button in the message list. The archive button is at the bottom of the list when I right click on a message, but it would be less clicks to have it in the message list entry next to the trash can button. This would be similar to the ability to archive messages by swiping in the outlook mobile app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reading mode to hide headers and show only the message full-screen

Current problem (Outlook 2019) is that in the message Reading Pane, the header area (with To, From, Subject, Date, Attachment, and "You Replied" info) takes up one-quarter to one-third of the vertical space of my laptop screen, even when "minimized".

Provide a quick-access view mode that fills my entire screen (or a new resizable / maximizable window) with only the message content, so that I can view the message with the maximum height allowed by my screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There's possibly now too much empty space in the email window

It'd be great to reduce the new size of the "from", "to" and "CC/BCC" columns in both the Popped Out New Email window and the inset 'reply' window. There's a lot of "dead-air" above the line where one writes the email

237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Reply + Archive" and "Reply + Delete" function to Outlook

I would love a button with "Reply+Archive" and/or a "Reply+Delete" button on the e-mail window. Reason: I do not want to see the replied e-mails in the inbox and with this function I won't need to archive a letter with a different procedure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow mark as unread while still reading, show correct read/unread state

If I get a new mail, look at it quickly, and them move off of it, then it is marked as "read." I know this will happen, and since I have not really "read" the email, I want to leave it marked as unread. There's no way to do this. Instead, I have to move the cursor off the email and then go back to it to mark it as unread.

Marking as unread while you're reading is a feature found in other email clients eg. gmail.

Also, when you're reading the email for the first time, its title in…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base