OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possible to turn a task into an event?

Possible de transformer une tâche en un événement?

Possible to turn a task into an event?

Pour définir une plage de temps pour accomplir une tâche, pourquoi ne pas la transformer en rendez-vous?

To set a time range to complete a task, why not turn it into an appointment?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the To-Do List in Tasks I used to be able to group by “Due Date” and then “Reminder Time” but if I do that now the result give nothing.

In the To-Do List in Tasks I used to be able to group by “Due Date” and then “Reminder Time” but if I do that now the result give nothing. It feels like there is a bug in the system. I think it became a problem with the software that was released 1st February 2019.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide an option to Print Calendar with the Tasks updates in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to Print Calendar with the Tasks updates in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
    Print Calendar with the Tasks to be updated.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change the way a new task is created when dragging an email into the task pane.

Currently, you can drag an email in the tasks pane and it will create a task. However, it doesn't give you the ability to change the details of task when creating. When you open the task, you are taken to the email but are unable to change the task details (due date, comments, etc). This is a big issue because it makes selecting the due date more difficult and it prevents you from adding notes. You can change the due date using the task lists but this adds another step.

Suggested Resolution: Either add the task fields above the email…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a timeline view that shows each main task and child task in details categorized based on color in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a timeline view that shows each main task and child task in details categorized based on color in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Timeline view that show each main task and capability to view child task in details. Each task line colored based on nearest to the dateline e.g green, yellow and red.

Also, for those of us that like to time-block and change the color once a task is complete: Provide an option to change the category color of just one item in a reoccurring series vs. the entire series.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a "notes" icon to tasks

Tasks have a paperclip icon to indicate there is an attachment. It would be good to have a "notes" icon as well for tasks, so you can tell at a glance whether additional notes are sitting in the task instead of having to open up the task to see whether notes exist.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a feature to import ”Next Step" from Microsoft To-Do App to Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to import ”Next Step" from Microsoft To-Do App to Microsoft Outlook 2016 as on my Microsoft To Do app I can add Next Step but this does not get imported to the PC version of Outlook.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outlook 2016 and OneNote 2016 should have daily reminders for tasks marked with a flag

When an email is flagged for follow-up, Outlook should show daily reminders so as not to forget to follow up.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improvements to Task Quick View in Outlook 2016

The task quick view (4th of 5 icons in the bottom left corner) could benefit from a few small improvements that greatly improve productivity.

1. I should be able to mark tasks done just from the quick view

2. I should be able to multi-select and bulk edit these tasks through a right click

3. Clicking on the task title should take me to the email associated with it

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Countdown Timer

I suggest a countdown timer that can sit minimized on a windows desktop, giving a customizeable countdown clock.

I'm a terrible procrastinator (I should have asked for this years ago) and one way to keep my attention focused on tasks is to have a list of tasks, a due date and a countdown timer to display time remaining until the project is due. That way I could enter a due date for a specific task, and receive alerts as time ticked away: weekly, monthly, hourly. For me and my team.

For regular, day to day throughput, I'd benefit from a…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically delete completed tasks after a user-selected period of time

A setting which allows the user to have completed tasks automatically deleted X days after their completion date, X being a number chosen by the user.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Task into a folder from the task creation window

In order to save time it is necessary to be able to put a newly created task into a specific task folder on creation.
    So when you're creating a new task you should be able to browse through available folders or create a new folder right from the task creation window. (should work similar to the category setting for a task)

Currently you have to create a task (e.g. by flagging an email message) and then you need to go to tasks and distribute newly created task into a specific folder which is not convenient and consumes additional time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide a feature to retain table when creating tasks from an email in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Currently, while creating tasks from an email, the table present or created in an email is getting converted to text which should not happen as a normal behavior. It should be retained as a table even when the task is successfully created avoiding any unwanted change in formatting and avoiding mistakes with the layout.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Snooze All in Outlook Reminder Window

For Outlook, I would LOVE to see a SNOOZE ALL... you have dismiss all, but I would rather see a snooze all.
    There are times when I get into the office in the morning and I just log in and a ton of reminders popup. I need to deal with other things in the morning, so a Snooze All would be great, rather than having to keep changing the snooze timer for each one, one-by-one. It would be great!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a task for a certain employee but have the option to CC in other managers to track progress also

I need to create a task for a certain employee but I also need to add other managers in so they can also track that certain employee's "efforts". I don't need to task the other managers.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Print or copy and paste Reminders

Print or copy and paste Reminders

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outlook 2019 is missing the category icon in the tasks below the calendar

Outlook 2019 is missing the category icon in the tasks below the calendar

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Outlook task list should show day of week in additon to date

Would like to see day of week (i.e. Monday) next to task date when tasks are grouped by date. Using the task group by date view helps the user see future tasks and the day of the week they are scheduled. Some things tasks tend to be business days and others are weekend dates.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remind pending tasks before exiting

I need outlook to remind me of the pending tasks if there are any before exiting the application when I click the exit button.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please bring back the TASK FlAG reading pane view when single clicking on it

Why I can not view my flagged email content or TASK on reading pane by single click on it?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base