OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default focus on "Add name here" in Outlook calendar

When switching to the Planning assistant (Ctrl+pgDwn) it would be much more effecient if the cursor focus was on the "Enter name here" field, so you could go ahead and start typing in meeting participants without having to grab the mouse (or to press tab a bunch of times).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Overlay time zone icon and colors for daytime and nighttime

Like the weather icons on the top of calendar view, it will be better to recognize other timezone's night and day time by overlaying "sun" or "moon" icon (or dark /bright color) on the timezone area (on the left side of calendar view).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. read calendar by TTS voice!

it is quite good enable read email in voice, but when calendar and task,note has this function! espacially for calendar!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable a way to autosend an email after a meeting ends

Similar to an autoreply feature, would love to set this up to automatically send out an email to the organizer as soon as the meeting ends. The idea behind this is to send out a survey to the meeting organizer to evaluate how the meeting went.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Right-click on appointment: "Adapt appointment to current time".

Wenn ich den Kalender als Zeitenbuchung vewenden möchte, dann will ich Termine die einen Zeitbereich meiner Arbeit darstellen, mit einem Rechtsklick auf die aktuelle Uhrzeit anpassen können.

So kann ich schnell und genau die Arbeitszeit berechnen und festhalten.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Accepted, Declined, Tentative meeting RSVPs to be displayed in meeting organizer's (receiver's) language

Whenever a meting invitee with a different local language in their Outlook RSVPs to a meeting invite - the response mail is in their language. It would be more convenient is this e-mail is displayed in accordance with the meeting organizer's local language settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Meeting message confirmation line visible above Organizer as previously utilized this quick reference in older versions.

Outlook previously provided a message confirmation line, like "Accepted on 6/1/2019 3:30 PM.", for Meetings that was visible above Organizer. This feature was a quick reference, rather than having to expand/collapse functionality or review sent messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Calendar Events "Only Seen By Me"

Allow the ability to have "only seen by me" events on calendar. I have private appointments, but I am hoping to have an "invisible" option for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide a feature to show remaining or available time in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

It is possible , in calendar section, to have an opening time and a available time indicator ?
    For example, from 8 to 18, that's made 10 hours opening.
    Deducting the meetings already scheduled (for example 5 hours of meetings), that leaves only 10-5 = 5 hours left available to do something else.

Is there an option like that in outlook already exists ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. give the option for the calendar

Setup the Option for calendar right´s to create Elements without the calander Details.

only the Option for reading free or booked timeslot´s

so you have the opinion the give someone the Option to organisate Meetings but doesn´t see your full calanedar with crititical topics

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow to easily assign changing numbering and naming for meeting series.

For groups who number their meetings or have a training series but want the specific title to change for each event without having to create separate events or open each occurrence and update that way. Such as allowing for a code like that used in excel {=num+1, 0} that allows for original number (0)to be stated (because maybe the group is already on event #32 when they figure out this feature).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a feature to include "Scope of the meeting" and "Preparations expected by participants" in meetings in Microsoft Outlook 2016

The swamp of all meetings is a disaster, and the ease to book in Outlook unfortunately increases the burden (though extremly valuable in other ways). The efficiency of meetings really should be a prioritized issue in most organisations. I think Outlook could help and, as a simple but powerful tool, I propose two extra fields in the appointment form:

Scope of the meeting, which should be made as a multiple choice field (e.g. "Information/Desicion/Reporting/Workshop etc). And preparation expected, should be free text, possibly with a ticbox to choose "mandatory" instead of "expected".

The fields could be prescribed by an administrator,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please allow reoccuring meetings with no end date

When I set a recurring appointment in any other app (google calendar, for instance) when I set up a recurring, my expectation is that there is no end date unless specified. If you are not going to allow this, then please prompt the meeting organizer of a reoccurring meeting that their meeting end date is happening soon and allow them the option of extending the occurance. Because of the limitations in this, we have many people who forget to set up an additional meeting and/or the meeting rooms are already booked by the time they remember. When we select 'no…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. See all involved people in a meeting in the calendar view

It would be amazing to be able to see a list of the invited people in a meeting (the same way the organizer is shown), either in the time block or when hovering the meeting with the mouse.

It's really inconvenient having to double click in every meeting to find out what people is part of that meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the contacts so that they stay as you set them, i.e., Name then Surname. At the moment they revert to Surname then Name - why?

Fix the contacts so that they stay as you set them, i.e., Name then Surname. At the moment they revert to Surname then Name - why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Within my organization, share which meetings can be moved (without sharing my whole calendar)

I would like to be able to tag items on my calendar as movable, maybe movable, or not movable in a way that would be visible to my colleagues without me having to share what the meetings are. I was hoping to do this using categories, but categories are not visible to others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base