OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a meeting response indication to the meeting tile on the main calendar.

When I open my outlook calendar I should be able to see at a quick glance if a meeting has been accepted or declined, etc without opening the request fully to see who has. This could be a s simple as a traffic light system (coloured dot) with a number (the attendees) in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IM comments to have an option as to who can see them in the meeting, a selection of attendees or everyone.

Skype meetings have a functionality to type messages on the side (IM). I would suggest: IM comments to have an option as to who can see them in the meeting, a "selection of attendees" or "everyone" and option to hide previous comments from guests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add day of the week next to the date on your Weekly Agenda template for print.

Add day of the week next to the date on your Weekly Agenda Template for print. The other templates have the sort form of the day -- Sun, Mon, Tue, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. View daily schedule for multiple meeting rooms in the horizontal alignment in a single page

I would like to view daily schedule for multiple meeting rooms in the horizontal alignment in a single page. Currently we can only view hourly schedule for multiple rooms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to view Tasks in monthly view of calendar.

I would like to have my Tasks showing in my monthly calendar. As a student, tasks (ie, my assignment deadlines) are the most important things on my calendar. More than my meetings. I understand that for work, having worked in clerical myself, tasks can be flexible and are secondary to meetings and appointments. However, it's the reverse for college students. Please allow Tasks to show in the monthly view of the calendar!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create multiple events in a single calendar invite

We setup workshops in which multiple presenters are involved over a period of two/three weeks and morning and evening sessions to include several geographies.

This leads to creating at least 20-30 invites and all invites are sent individually with multiple "Teams" meeting invites

if we could create multiple sessions using an XLS or some wizard or something very simple, we can decide the entire schedule and send one invite email which will create several slots in users calendars. this will not flood the inbox with multiple meeting invite emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flag meeting/appointment to reschedule

We are in a situation where we are responding to the COVID outbreak (we are a health dept), so many of the meetings that I have on my calendar will need to be rescheduled, but I have no idea when we will be back to normal operations, so I would like a way to "flag' these meetings as postponed and put them somewhere (in a folder or somewhere) that I can go back to, to reschedule them at a later time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Blocking the users from booking the Room which is already booked

When the Room is unavailable/already booked and we further select the Room, we get an option of ‘Send anyway’ and ‘Cancel’. When we select ‘Send anyways’ the meeting is created and the request is forwarded to room mailbox, however we receive a decline message that the room was already booked by some other user.

Now the ask is the user should not be able to get an option to Book the room at all (i.e. get an option to click ‘Send Anyway’) when it is already booked by some other user.

If we can remove/disable the option for Send Anyway?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When local management decides to requisition a room for 2 months crisis meeting, allow dedicated concierge to cancel all existing bookings

Currently when such a crisis situation occurs, we receive an all user email "Room XYZ is requisitionne for local crisis team until dd.mm.yyyy (2 months); please relocate all your meetings." ...
    ... it's time consuming to check all our meeting, to see whether we are in this room... Often not time, and 1 month later, we are 8 people wanting to enter the room, and we see the paper on the door "Dedicted to cirsis team"...
    => If there is kinda local "Concierge role" that can be setup for the rooms of a location with power to define a meeting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scan subject for "WFH" or "OOF" and suggest Disable Replies

Scan subject for "WFH" or "OOF" and suggest Disable Replies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. hover over day to show availability

I have the calendar To-Do pane on my main outlook view. When someone asks for my availability on a specific day, it would be nice to be able to hover over that day on the calendar on the right and have a tool tip pop up with the available free times. Currently I have to change screens and go into the calendar itself then back to the email. Just a simple tool tip to to allow me to say "yep I'm free at 1, 3:30 and 4:30"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Displaying date and time when the calendar is displayed along side the mail box

When I use a meeting room like Zoom, the scheduler is displaying only the scheduled time, date is not displayed, need a feature where the date is also displayed and the calender should be marked with a colur on such scheduled dates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Check Event" feature that will search a sentence pasted into a new event and add the date/time/time automatically to the calendar event.

Similar to the "check names" option when sending a new email, create a "check event" feature that can auto search the body of the new text for dates and times and update the calendar event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Appointment Updates Trail (reasons)

Enable a functionality to capture or enter update reasons on appointments, especially for rescheduling.

Example
    Update 1 – 3/3/2020
    • Added Zoom as per Conny’s request.

Update 2 – 3/4/2020
    • Rescheduled per Caroline’s request.

Update 3 – 3/4/2020
    • Rescheduled for all key participants to be able to join.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice if you could come up with a way to password protect the calendar when using Microsoft Exchange.

Add password for calendar when using Microsoft Exchange. It's nice to see your calendar in "real time" on your phone or laptop but it would still be nice to have it password protected should you have additional folders in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a Title line entry field for accepted appointments in the calendar.

When accepting an appointment, you only receive a non-changeable contact address to identify an appointment. No place to enter any field for identification, such as a title line.

Requested would be title line that could be updated and would be searchable, same as when creating a regular appointment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide Out of office likse experience when booking meeetings with people who are already busy at that time

Provide Out of office like experience when booking meetings with people who are already busy at that time.

Currently composing an email gives a warning of OoO before pressing send.
    Please expand this feature to meeting invites, as too many people don't bother to check availability and just book.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Time Slots in Calendar Invitations (Interviews)

When scheduling for interviews/meetings with different guests who appear at certain time slots, it would be nice to create the schedule in one invitation instead of opening several calendar invites and transferring the information to each. Time slots that send the invitees an invite for only their designed time would save scheduling coordinators a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show calendar on my favorites line the same as my inbox, sent mail, etc.

How do you show your calendar on the line with my inbox, sent mail, outbox, etc?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be great to have 'No Show' when someone doesn't show up for an appointment. Thank you.

I have people who do not contact me they cannot keep the appointment. It would be nice to have 'No Show' as an option for my record keeping. Thanks very much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base