OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When you dismiss a meeting reminder, then the meeting is rescheduled to a date in the future, the reminder should be reset to appear again.

After a reminder for a meeting is dismissed, it WILL NOT appear again in the event that the meeting is rescheduled to a later date. When a meeting is rescheduled, Outlook should check for the dismissed reminder, and if the new meeting time is far enough in the future based upon the selected reminder time span, it should reset the reminder to occur again. I'm guessing there are technical reasons for not doing this, because it's something that should have been implemented years ago.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to apply default snooze time for reminders in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide the ability to set a default snooze time for reminders in Outlook 2016.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a task view in the monthly calendar

Please add the possibility to see tasks in the monthly calendar view. This would increase productivity !

Reference this forum thread for more feedback, https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/54288b58-25b3-49a8-9883-a7d36c742893/tasks-shown-in-month-view?forum=outlook&prof=required.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to hide the date navigator and keep the coming appointments in the to-do bar

I want to have both my tasks and upcoming appointments in the To-do bar. In previous versions it was possible to show only the appointments and switch off the date navigator. This made it possible to see all my current tasks and the next meetings. There is no room for a date navigator that I do not need to have on my screen all the time.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List current week first in Month View in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than listing previous weeks.

List current week first in Month View in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than listing previous weeks.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a feature to link the Out Of Office automatic replies to the Calendar events in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to link the Out Of Office automatic replies to the Calendar events in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to provide a status about your automatically rather than waiting for your action.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to stack multiple calendars by default in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or show up on sidebar in unified fashion.

Provide an option to stack multiple calendars by default in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or show up on sidebar in unified fashion

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow reminder before END of appointment. Or allow a negative value for reminder offset.

I often need to be notified before END of some appointment or meeting. The current reminders are only allow to be notified before the appointment start.
    Use cases:
    - A driver needs to know about end of the meeting to arrange a car
    - An attendand needs to be notified about some event end to help guests
    - etc.
    Please allow reminders before END of appointment. Or allow a negative value for reminder offset to have ability to set them to raise for some time after the appointment start.

Options to implement:
    Option 1: add a checkbox "notify before event…

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to display weekends / non-work days in alternate color or even hide them in Outlook 2016

To be able to designate a different background color for weekend (non-work) days so that's it's much easier to visually differentiate work days from non work days. Or provide an option to hide the weekends or non working days in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Or please allow for shading weekends on month at a glance mode. Also, it would be helpful to have calendar months highlighted in contrasting color so that months are easily distinguishable.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Users should be able to print merged calandars rather than just select one calendar. Holidays , appointments, birthdays etc.

Presently users can only print one calendar at a time.

It should be possible to print merged calendars so that appointments, shared calendars, birthdays and holidays can all be seen on a single sheet

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate Tasks into calendar entries - not just at calendar base or moved/copied

Integrate Tasks into Calendar entries - without losing them in Tasks by having to move to Calendar OR creating an extra entry by having to copy them into the Calendar.
    To integrate the Tasks directly into the Calendar instead of only showing as a Tasks Box at the bottom of the screen in Calendar view (to show like a meeting/appointment entry)

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Recurring Emails in Outlook 2016

Ability to send recurring emails with custom date and time parameters.
    Or Improve scheduling for events that are every 3 months. For an event today that will reoccur every 3 months, I have to go back 3 months to schedule the first date.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to view Week numbers in Calendar.

Option to view Week numbers in Calendar in Outlook 2016.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add quarterly option to recurring calendar. You only have weekly, monthly or yearly now.

The recurring calendar options are weekly, monthly or yearly. I do several things quarterly and would like that option.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Meeting Organizer should have an option to receive a notification regarding the attendees for the meeting invite in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to send a notification to the meeting organizer for updated attendees list and also who hasn't responded to the meeting invite. This should be an opt-in setting and also allow the organizer to set the specific time-frame for the notice(i.e. 2 hours before the meeting or 1 day). Another opt-in setting could be to send a reminder email to the invitee who hasn't responded also at a certain time-frame.

Also in a scenario where there are large number of appointment invitees, it would be beneficial for an organizer to use a response tracker without getting…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to Create a calendar event from an email and include the attachment from the email to the event on Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to Create a calendar event from an email and include the attachment from the email to the event on Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as well as provide an option to update it as well.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include list of holidays for the selected country in Outlook 2016 calendar

Option to view country's festivals and special days in calendar of Outlook 2016
    or add descriptions for global holidays. It would help in understanding if they are National holidays i.e. no one at work, etc.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. follow up next working day

The follow up flags are great and I often use the tomorrow option to push non urgent tasks until tomorrow, however when my tasks are work-related, pushing from Friday to Saturday just creates a bunch of tasks to move again to Monday on my Saturday morning! Having an option to push the task to 'Next Working Day' would solve this problem if it were available.... I often have around 100-200 tasks so this may not be as significant a problem for those who have a lot less!

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to sync several calendars into my Outlook 2016 (Office 365) Calendar

I would really love to be able to sync my personal calendar (yahoo) as well as a CRM system calendar (Redtail) to my Outlook 2016 Calendar - having to keep/update 3 separate calendars straight is a huge challenge.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. please put the category aspect back so you can color code the calendar

please put the category aspect back so you can color code the calendar

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base