OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy an existing meeting into a new meeting

Allow the copying of an existing meeting into a new meeting that can be edited for content, attendees, time, etc., and then sent. This dramatically decreases the work effort of scheduling meetings and reduces friction between your users and the software.

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjust size of "all day events" in day view of Outlook Calnedar

Is there a way to increase the amount of all day events I can see at the top of the screen for my day view in outlook? Right now I have 6 events and I can only see 3 of them. I should be able to increase the height of the space for "all events" day view feature

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide an option of follow up meeting in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to schedule a follow-up meeting with one-click in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Also, please add functionality to automatically add an event in my calendar for the X minutes immediate after an accepted meeting.
    This is to allow for better scheduling of a working day and prevent days with back to back meetings and no time for comfort breaks or to attend subsequent meetings promptly.
    Currently I do this manually, which can be very time consuming.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cancelled Appointment should stay in Outlook Calendar

Cancelled meetings status should stay in the Outlook Calendar. I would like to see "Cancelled" as a status option in a meeting.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide meetings that are marked as private when presenting (when another display is connected)

It would be really nice if private meetings dissapeard when I'm sharing my screen on another display. Or even better, if the meetings didn't disappear but the subject and other information was visually changed to "Private".

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right click functions for 'To-Do Bar' and 'Navigation Bar' in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide To-Do Bar and Navigation Bars right click options to be able to right click a meeting or an event to quickly e-mail all attendants. Additionally option to right click the various elements of the Navigation Bar for contextual actions: i.e. Calendar allows new meeting etc.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to have Calendar Peek show multiple shared calendar appointments as well as personal calendar appointments

If calendars (even shared ones) are overlapped, we should be able to see all calendar appointments on the Peek view rather than only appointments for our personal calendar.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatically notify meeting organizer of an expiring recurring meeting in Outlook 2016

It would be really nice for Outlook to let me know when my recurring meeting is about to expire – and then to dynamically update the meeting and notify attendees

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. recurring resource reservation or Book all available timeslots for a recurring meeting that has resource conflicts instead of just declining

When a resource is reserved for a recurring meeting, and a single occurrence of the series has a conflict, the whole series is declined by the resource. In such cases all non-conflicting occurrences should be accepted and only the conflicting ones should be declined.
    Or book all available timeslots for a recurring meeting that has resource conflicts instead of just declining the meeting reservation.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it possible to remove an attendee from a recurring meeting for future dates only so previous meeting dates remain on the calendar.

I often need to remove people from the calendar invite because they have moved on to a new position or just don't need to attend that particular meeting any longer, but I need the previous meeting dates to remain on their calendar for historical information and proof for mileage reimbursement etc. in Outlook 2016

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to set default reminder time for all day events in calendar

Allow a default reminder time for all Events in Calendar irrespective of whether they are of fixed duration or all day events which was possible in previous versions of Outlook.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option to move or copy an event from one Calendar to another in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to move or copy an event from one Calendar to another in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for easy management of events or tasks. Or provide an option to copy a calendar to another calendar to share it.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an option to make Days with appointments in Calendar to show in bold font in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make days with appointments in Calendar to show in bold font in Microsoft Outlook 2016

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add voting buttons in meeting request in Outlook 2016.

Add voting buttons in meeting request in Outlook 2016. It is very handy to have a voting button so the meeting organizer can receive responses for the votes along with accept/decline!

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide or Remove Meeting Organizer from Calendar Day/Week/Month View

Organizer Name shows up in calendar entry following the Meeting Subject and is completely unnecessary to see. So, provide an option to set a default to Hide (or Remove) the Meeting Organizer from the Calendar Day/Week/Month views.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to view 2 week in Calendar of Outlook 2016

Option to view 2 week in Calendar of Outlook 2016

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to pin all day events to the day of the event, regardless of timezone in Outlook 2016

Currently all day events are treated as regular events with a 24 hour duration, starting at midnight in the organizer's timezone. This makes them not be displayed as all-day events in the calendars of participants from different timezones. Please add an option that makes Outlook "pin" all day events to the day of the event, instead of treating them as 24-hour events and spilling over into next/previous days for participants in other timezones.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let me shrink the to-do bar to the width of a calendar month

In Outlook 2016, the To-Do bar's minimum width is almost 40% wider than the width of a calendar month. This wastes valuable real estate on my screen. Instead, I'd like to be able to re size this pane smaller. I'd expect appointments and other content in the To-Do Pane to adjust accordingly, e.g. to switch from 2-lines-per-appointment to 3-lines-per-appointment.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide Calendar categories in Outlook App on Android

I need on my Smartphone the same Categories like on desktop computer. The Categories should be synchronized on the Smartphone as well.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide options to disable new appointment when clicking on Calendar

In Outlook calendar, please provide the facility to disable the in-line edit feature. When I click on a day I do not always want to create an appointment - for example when copying an appointment I want to select the destination day and paste - rather than having to close the inline edit window that appears.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base