OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to have an email reminder for a calendar event

Be able to set an email reminder for an event in your calendar

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Year View for Calendar and Print Calendar Options in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to provide year view in Calendar and to print as well in Microsoft Outlook 2016 in year format. We cannot easily get the options to print a single page. The only settings available are "Table Style and Memo Style", without navigating through other printer-specific "Print Options". Provide print options or settings like page range, one-sided/two-sided, etc... just like every other Office app has had forever. 

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add more calendar meeting availability options under show as

Currently, appointments show as free, tentative, busy, working elsewhere, work from home, or out of office. My company has a lot of virtual workers but we do come to the office from time to time. Sometimes, we want to meet face to face so it would be great if the out of office status could be subdivided into Out of Office - Free and Out of Office- Busy. This would allow me to set out of office as a way to indicate I will not be in the office but can make virtual meetings.

230 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show declines directly in the calendar - warn if there are no accepts

When I have a meeting with one person and they decline, the meeting still shows in my calendar. If I have a meeting with two people and they both decline, the meeting is still in my calendar. The only way I can tell is if I open the item and check the list.

It would be wonderful if I could see this DIRECTLY IN THE CALENDAR. Like a "Hey - EVERYONE declined the meeting!!!!" warning. Even for meeting reminders "Hey - that meeting you have in 15 minutes - nobody's coming!!! Just thought I'd warn you!"

Those would all be…

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Countdown clock for important events (for example 31 days until exam) as a daily flag on the calendar

for example a note on each day that states # of days until an event, such as year-end reporting, or exams, or big events. Also, should have a place to put the number of the week of the year. Many corporate calendars have a number for each week of the fiscal year and refer to deadlines by that week.

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please highlight the day of the week in the calendar

I would like the day of the week to be highlighted across the column. I would also like the hour to have an indicator line going across this hour through the days of the week.

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to view calendar events of all calendars from same mailbox or different mailboxes in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to view all the events or tasks of all the Calendars either from the same mailbox or different mailboxes in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Currently you can only view the events of all the default calendar only in the task pane when hovering a mouse over the calendar menu at the left bottom.

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support editing of shared Outlook.com calander in Outlook 2016

We use share calendar on Outlook.com that we often change via Outlook 2016.
    Before Outlook.com was switched to Exchange in the back end this worked perfectly.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Different Timing per Attendee within One Calendar Invite

IDEA: Be able in the "Scheduling assistant" option of Outlook calendar invites to adapt start and end time per attendee ==> Outlook invite will then be sent with the same content for all attendees but only block the exact hours in their calendar!

Background:
    My outlook agenda can end up messy due to many corporate meetings where I only need to join part of the session. I end up with big invites in the calendar (multiple hours) and need to manually click the invites to see at what time I'm expected to join. Reminder of the meeting is sent for…

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Decline but not participating

Today we can only chose from "Accept", "Tentative" or "Decline" when somebody propses or invites to a meeting. A lot of times you need to know about the meeting and get the meeting notes but not participate, for ex. for exacuative people, people in a high leadership role etc. My suggestion is that we have a "Decline not participating" option so that we still have the meeting in or calenders, get the meeting notes, updates for next meeting etc.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a feature of "Find a Time" functionality in the Microsoft Outlook 2016 similar to Outlook.com

Provide a feature of "Find a Time" functionality in the Microsoft Outlook 2016 similar to Outlook.com

191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At Microsoft we pride ourselves on being customer focused and we apologize for the frustration that our decision to remove the FindTime add-in has caused for Outlook for Windows users.

We are committed to using important customer feedback received in this situation to inform our decisions, moving forward. We are working with urgency to re-enable the FindTime add-in as fast as we can.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks – Outlook Calendar Team

12. Please Add Hijri shamsi(solar calender) to alternate calendar of Outlook

Please Add Hijri shamsi(solar calendar) to alternate calendar of Outlook.
    now, Hijri(moon calendar) available for outlook 2016 but I need Hijri shamsi(solar calendar).

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Max attendee limit for meetings

When creating a meeting invite, especially for training, allow for an option to limit the number of users who can accept invite. For example a meeting with a acceptance limit of 20 will send acceptance confirmation to the first 20 users who accepted. For users 21- and up the user will accept the meeting and receive a sorry, the meeting is full response, please select another time. This can be a customized message. Also allowing attendees to pick from a series of meetings would be an added benefit.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto update of existing meetings through Distribution Lists

be able to invite internal distribution lists to recurring meetings where the distribution list stayed as the invitee, not expanding the members of the list at that point in time but still able to send to the existing list. As
    a result, when the distribution list membership was updated
    new members receive the meeting invite and if a member is removed from the list they would be removed from the meeting.

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Persian Calendar for Outlook

Windows 10 and excel 2016 has got Persian calendar and we are excited. Office 2016 hasn't got and we need it very much in mail and calendar and task sections.

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable Categories for Email and Calendar Appointments to expand the categories or Different categories per occurrence of a series

Enable Categories for Email and Calendar Appointments in Microsoft Outlook 2016 using more colors.

Also, Be able to “Paint” categories…click an existing category and apply it to other emails. Also, have the option to expand the quick list of recently used categories to 30 or 50…this will save clicks as opposed to having to hit “All Categories” then scroll down the alphabetic list.

Also, would be helpful to change category / coloration for just a single occurence in a series when that series has a different level of priority, topic, etc. Google Calendar enables this with coloration.

181 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide a feature to 'Grey Out' Calendar events that have already occurred in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to 'Grey Out' Calendar events that have already occurred in Microsoft Outlook 2016. It would be more visually appealing and effective if the events that have already happened (i.e. if it is Wednesday, this would occur for all events on Monday and Tuesday) were faded as compared to the events that have still yet to occur.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable Bing to search for Calendar appointment locations

When I enter an appointment in Calendar in Outlook 2016, it would be great to get the location using Bing and add it to the meeting.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add created by and last modified by to Calendar details view or see a log of who created an appointment, who moved it,edited it and when

We work in a small business with Exchange Services running. When someone creates an event in someone else's calendar, you get to see who made the last changes in detail view. However, it would be nice to see who originally created the event, not only see who made the last change.

OR SEE A LOG OF WHO CREATED AN APPOINTMENT, WHO MOVED IT, EDITED IT, ETC. AND WHEN

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to Copy and paste calendar appointments in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Option to copy and paste calendar appointments in Outlook 2016.

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base