OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically block of 15 minutes before and after each meeting

It is my manual task to always block some time before and after meetings, lot's of extra clicking in Outlook. I would love to see a feature or someone explain to me how I can tell Outlook, to by default make my meetings appear to start 15 minutes earlier and stop 15 minutes later, than they actually do, so no one can book back to back through my entire schedule.

565 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set up Recuring out of Office Replies for certain dates.

At my job we are on a 9/80 schedule so we have off every other Friday, so It would be nice to set up out of office replies like a recurring meeting on those days. Also would like to be able to schedule more than 1 out of office reply for the future. Long story short be able to give the same options as meeting request to out of office replies.

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook Meeting Response Option of "INFORMATION ONLY"

Meetings as FYI Only -

Please add a fourth meeting response option such as "Information Only" which automatically responds "Decline" but leaves the meeting info on your calendar. The meeting response would also automatically show the calendar as "FREE" with "No Reminder". This allows the user to change their response without having to sift through deleted emails or respond tentative leaving others to guess as to your meeting participation when you have no intention of going at all.

467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Accept meetings as "in person" or "remote" in Outlook 2016

It'd be great to understand whether attendees for a meeting will be attending via Skype or will be there in-person. Providing attendees with an option to accept a meeting invite “by phone” along with Accept, Tentative, or Decline would be an added benefit.

450 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

Calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to a Thursday) will be lost. Also, if I need to change…

429 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send meeting updates only to those who accepted?

Even in Outlook 2016, it's still only possible to send meeting updates to -all- recipients but much more logical and user friendly is the default option to only send to ricipients who accepted the meeting request; or at least skip those who already declined the meeting request. Please include as default feature.

411 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

409 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to print Overlay Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to print Overlay Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be beneficial. Particularly like to have the ability to overlay calendars arbitrarily whether on the left, right, or any other view configuration.

400 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Don't prompt to save changes when closing a calendar item that has not been edited in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Don't prompt to save changes when closing a calendar item that has not been edited in Microsoft Outlook 2016. This can block shut-down or restart of the computer as Microsoft Outlook 2016 won't close until those prompts are answered.

382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

153 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Highligth each months in different colors to seperate months in Outlook 2016

It would be great if separate months are highlighted in different colors, so that the months could be easily distinguished.

377 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide an option to "send to added and deleted attendees only" when adding people to existing calendar event in Outlook 2016

Previously when you added people to an existing event before the event update was sent out it would ask if you wanted to send it only to the people added or deleted from the event and that feature is now gone in Outlook 2016

370 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bulk-modify only future events of a recurring calendar event (i.e. "archive"/"freeze" past events).

It is helpful to have a record of past events/meeting as they happened.
    Currently, modifying a recurring event (e.g. moving a team meeting from Tuesdays to Thursdays) will change all occurrences, past and future, which means the record of previous events is lost/not accurate.
    When modifying a recurring event, users usually want to implement a change "from now on", so at the very least they should be given the option to modify (a) single event, (b) future occurrences, (c) all occurrences.
    See Google calendar for implementation.

365 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Working from home option - Calendar

It would be great to be able to show working from home in Calendar. However it needs to be also shown as 'free' so meetings can be booked normally. This will allow visibility to all persons who can see your calendar. They will know whether to book a Teams or face to face meeting for example

322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a feature or option to assign colors to Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

This is not for the "categories" for color-coding each entry... those haven't really changed, and although I would love more color options, it works. BUT, I'm really sad that the new "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" Outlook calendar color options have been severely reduced and honestly folks, these colors are sad. Get rid of pink. Forever. Or make it the 30th choice. So hard to look at. We need more than 9 options... I regularly have far more than 9 calendars open and need to be able to quickly differentiate. It is nice that you can now dedicate a specific…

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Indonesia Calender for Holiday

Please Add Indonesia Calender for Holiday

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Family Calendars cannot be updated from Outlook Desktop

Using Outlook 2016 for Windows, I cannot add or update events to my Outlook.com family calendar.

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Outlook team is working on this update. We will add support for adding and updating events on family calendars as part of an overall improvement to shared calendars in Outlook.

We will post a subsequent status update when the shared calendar improvements are available for you to use in Outlook. Our current ETA is to begin releasing to subscription customers who are using Outlook 2016 this summer (July 2018).

18. Give the user the ability to manually enter dates for recurring appointments that are slightly irregular in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Give the user the ability to manually enter dates for recurring appointments that are slightly irregular in Microsoft Outlook 2016 enabling user to over ride the Public or other holidays. Also enable the user to set and update recurring meetings and events as well that are on regular intervals. In the month of May, we have 5 Wednesday or Tuesdays, When we want to set up a recurring event for the fifth Wednesday, I have one option, Last. Then I have 2 events on a 4 Wednesday month and this needs to be looked into as well.

This functionality is…

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bcc Functionality for ZOOM invitations

Outlook needs to have Bcc functionality for ZOOM invitations. if I want to send a mass invitation out without losing ZOOM's full functionality I cannot do so without sharing everyone's email addresses in a public way. It's 2020 and this application functions like its in Vista.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Restore the ability to specify Low, Medium, High level of detail in all calendar views (day, week, work week, month)

Restore the ability to specify Low, Medium, High level of detail in all calendar views (day, week, work week, month). Also In Monthly Calendar View, an option to choose 1st DATE of a month i.e. 1st January regardless of which day of the week (Tuesday, Saturday etc ) the 1st falls would be an added benefit.

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base