OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply as a meeting invite

While replying to an email enable option to convert the response as a meeting invite so that we can reply as a meeting invite whenever required

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When a meeting invitee suggests a different time, they should be notified of attendee responses in addition to the organizer.

When a meeting invitee suggests a different time for a meeting, they should be notified of attendee responses in addition to the organizer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add quarterly option to recurring calendar. You only have weekly, monthly or yearly now.

The recurring calendar options are weekly, monthly or yearly. I do several things quarterly and would like that option.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exporting appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar with required attendees.

Not able to import " required attendees" in appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar (via a CSV file) Everything works well except required attendees. When I put in attendee's emails they are not loaded into the Outlook Calendar. I want to have attendees listed in each appointmentas well as having outlook send the appointment request to the required attendee, though I am not sure the appointment request is a possibility and would save me time!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create an appointment on multiple calendars at one time (personal & shared calendars)

When creating a new appointment, I want to be able to add it to multiple calendars at one time. I have shared calendars with different teams. I have to put the same information on multiple calendars (ie: Out of office, work from home, etc.). It would be great to be able to click on new appointment and have the option to add it to additional calendars - other than just the default personal calendar.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On the calendar, in the Daily View, Work Week View, and Week View there is a blue horizontal line to indicate the current time. I'd like to

On the calendar, in the Daily View, Work Week View, and Week View there is a blue horizontal line to indicate the current time. In the two weekly views, I'd like to suggest that the line be darker in the middle when the line crosses the current day of the week. This would help emphasize the current day of the week and make finding 'now' much easier.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. pin the calendar to the desktop

Add the option to pin the calendar to the desktop, that would making the calendar much more convenient to use. The current alternative is to use a screenshot of the calendar as the desktop background but have to consistently update it

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we have a button that automatically finds the next free time slot for all selected invitees?

A button to automatically find the next time slot that is available and free for all meeting invitees.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to exclude weekends when creating a multi-week calendar event

When adding an event that spans over several weeks there should be an option to exclude weekends. So for example when I'm teaching a 3 week class, but not on weekends, I currently have to add it to my calendar as separate events, one week at a time. I want to be able to add a multi-week or even monthly event and have an option to select "exclude weekends.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lunch time block

Outlook Calendar allows you to set start and End hours for a work schedule. It would be helpful if I could also block off my lunchtime. Not everyone takes lunch at the same time or for the same duration. This would be immensely helpful when trying to schedule meetings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to send invites to new attendees only

Where I add attendees to a meeting request, I want to send the invite to ONLY them and not resend it to all the attendees previously invited (previous functionality "send update only")

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto update of existing meetings through Distribution Lists

be able to invite internal distribution lists to recurring meetings where the distribution list stayed as the invitee, not expanding the members of the list at that point in time but still able to send to the existing list. As
    a result, when the distribution list membership was updated
    new members receive the meeting invite and if a member is removed from the list they would be removed from the meeting.

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When deleting recurring appointments, pop up should ask "Are you sure you want to delete this?"

When I have to delete a single occurrence in a recurring appointment, it would be good to have a pop up that confirms you want to delete. I have accidentally deleted a "series" and had to go back and try to add it back as it was. If a pop up had prompted me, I could say "No" and then delete just the occurrence.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one

Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one would be the best option in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Being able to clone a past meeting would be good instead of copying all the details again.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to change default snooze options

Or, add a snooze option for 2 minutes prior to meeting

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically decline invites without automatically accepting invites

Automatically decline invites which are in conflict with another meeting without automatically accepting invites

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add hindu calender

When I tried to add Hindu holidays in the calendar application. I didn't found any Hindu (religious calendar). We already have Christian, Islamic but not Hindu religious calendar in the holiday tab. Please add it.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Confirm Meeting to Participants (Reminder)

One or more Buttons to Send a confirmation of meeting; Helps ensure there is no confusion and participants know who will be in attendance (meeting tracking results)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reminders offered only on future events

I use Calendar both to record planned meetings as well as to record my historic activities during the day to be able to invoice clients later. It is rather annoying to get a reminder on historic events immediately after recording such events, but it is quite helpful to have automatic reminders on future events. You should add an option to only offer reminders on new calendar items if start time is later than current time. If start time is in the past do not offer an automatic reminder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. maximum number of acceptable participants for meetings

Meetings for coleagues vis department distribution lists may end up at 50 people, but only the first 10 may be allowed to come (e.g. frequent trainings).

It would be good to have this organized within the calender management and for everyone visible. Solutions outside are always double work.

Thanks for listening/voting!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base