OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. End meetings early works well, can I also do it starting late?

Add an option to start meetings late similar to how you are ending the meeting early. Under an hour, start x minutes late and over an hour start y minutes late. Still end on time.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show accepted meeting without sending email.

When I accept a meeting (or provide a response) but choose not to email the sender, my calendar updates with the action for me only. It should update and show for the sender as well. I should not have to spam or receive spam acceptance emails just to see who's coming or not.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create an e-mail Out of Office Reply option when creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar.

When creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar you should be able to create an auto reply (out of Office) associated with that calendar event. That way if you have multiple periods that you will be out of the office you can have it set up without having to remember just prior to the appointment.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable calendar to accept shift work times.

Please allow the Start time to be "before" the "end" time. I work 3rd shift, 22:00 to 09:00, but when I try to put that on the calendar it keeps telling me "start date is before end date." It's really not since I come in the day before. You would think this is a simple thing to understand. Being a Microsoft product, I'm not surprised it doesn't.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to hide location field in monthly calendar view

Give the ability to hide the location field in (at least) the monthly calendar view. It would make the view a lot cleaner and less confusing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Highlight

In a view where it shows weekly or monthly, would like to highlight today's date

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow accepting partial time frames of a meeting

Users should be able to accept only partial time frames of a meeting. If a user has a 30min meeting they have to be at and someone sends an invite for a 1hr meeting at the same time they should be able to accept the 30min they can make. This would let the organizer know they can only attend part and structure the meeting agenda accordingly.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add documents to an meetings that are not yours that the other participants cannot see

When you have a lot of meetings then you sometimes want to look at things in advance and maybe draft some documents, notes etc.

There should be a way to attach documents and notes to a meeting that you can bring to the meeting and dont want to look for 5 minutes before the meeting takes place. That way you always have a place to bring the documents that you need for the meeting

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to set a meeting to auto record.

I would like to be able to put an auto record setting on my meetings when I set them up.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Outlook calendar event reminders sent via text message to cell phone.

On an older version of Outlook at work, I was able to set up so reminder texts on calendar items were sent to a text number that I provide, my cell phone. The same reminder that shows on the desk top is also texted to my cell phone number witch I had set up somewhere in settings for Outlook. It does not appear to be an available option at this timer.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional answering option for Outlook meeting invitations

When invited to an Outlook meeting you can answer by one of the options "accept", "decline" or "accept conditionally".
    It would be very useful to have an additional answering option "decline but keep appointment in the calendar". This could permit to:
    - keep track of changes to the meeting schedule and/or contents
    - change the acceptance back to "accept" if the schedule or the contents become more attractive
    - as a reminder for important meetings you cannot join to gather information about the discussed contents on a later stage.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom Time Scales in Outlook Calendar

Allow custom time scale for Outlook calendar appointment defaults (e.g. 25m appointments instead of 30; 55m appointments instead of 60)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add feature to hide details of appointments on calendar so I can share a screenshot of it when scheduling meetings

Add feature to hide details of appointments on calendar so I can share a screenshot of it when scheduling meetings

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Calendar: timeline for day / time

Weekly overview: There is daily time line where I see the past day and black dot on current time of the day. Can this be that we can see on left/right line of day the black dot and the line goes from e.g. Mon to Sun?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to choose which calendar you want import ics file on.

When you import an ics file in an outlook client with multiple email profiles, you should have the option to choose which calendar you import the calendar entry on.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Display all conflicts for a recurring meeting while scheduling

Currently a notice is shown for a recurring meeting that "17 instances of this recurring appointment conflict with other appointments on your Calendar." I would like this to include an option or link I can use to see the entire list. I don't just want the first conflict, or to see them one at a time, I want a list that has all of my conflicts to review as a whole.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Microsoft 365 (Outlook) send a notification/reminder of an upcoming appt or mtg via text message.

I have Microsoft 365. It would be very helpful if reminders of upcoming scheduled meetings or appointments could be sent via Text message either to the outlook subscriber or make it a variable cell phone number box to remind the family member that has the meeting or appointment if the family is operating all on one calendar.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make calendar item searchable in the calendar regardless of how the calendar is added

It would be great if we could search calendar items in the calendar regardless of how the calendar is added.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Meeting overdue correction

Currently, the meeting reminder on Outlook shows Overdue in spite of joining already. Can this be corrected so that we just get it right?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base