OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable an option to re-accept declined meetings that are part of a series.

Add an option to be able to accept individual meetings which are part of a larger series after the individual meeting has been previously declined. It is possible to find a deleted invite for an individual meeting and re-accept it, but there seems to be no way to re-accept a declined meeting which is part of a series.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you please enable to view timezones of different individuals in scheduling assistant as well?

I am unable to schedule meeting and check their calendar availability with respective to participants time zone.

For instance, I have to schedule an appointment with other country. I can add timezones in my calendar but I can't see what is their time in scheduling assistant. It shows only my timezone details.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Recurring Meeting series ending alert

It would be really helpful to get an alert when the last meeting of a series (recurring meeting) is approaching or about to start. I have many meetings that I set for a year that can end mid-year and not realize they've ended so I can either continue them or start a new series/recurrence meeting. I support 12 calendars for 12 executives and it would be a great tool to have so I can keep such meetings scheduled or at least alert the meeting owner to see if it should be continued.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an e-mail Out of Office Reply option when creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar.

When creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar you should be able to create an auto reply (out of Office) associated with that calendar event. That way if you have multiple periods that you will be out of the office you can have it set up without having to remember just prior to the appointment.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add documents to an meetings that are not yours that the other participants cannot see

When you have a lot of meetings then you sometimes want to look at things in advance and maybe draft some documents, notes etc.

There should be a way to attach documents and notes to a meeting that you can bring to the meeting and dont want to look for 5 minutes before the meeting takes place. That way you always have a place to bring the documents that you need for the meeting

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. End meetings early works well, can I also do it starting late?

Add an option to start meetings late similar to how you are ending the meeting early. Under an hour, start x minutes late and over an hour start y minutes late. Still end on time.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A "Schedule a Follow-up Meeting with the same Participants" option

A button on a Meeting that creates a new meeting with the same participants (and perhaps subject) as the original.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

With the Covid-19 crisis and working from home/away from the office it would be useful to have an option to send meeting reminders as an Alert on your device or provide a fwd email so it will link with your phone and remind of a meeting. Working at home I am multi-tasking even more so than at the office and when I step away from my laptop sometimes I miss reminders or get taken away from an upcoming meeting.

I also don't have a work…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Additional answering option for Outlook meeting invitations

When invited to an Outlook meeting you can answer by one of the options "accept", "decline" or "accept conditionally".
    It would be very useful to have an additional answering option "decline but keep appointment in the calendar". This could permit to:
    - keep track of changes to the meeting schedule and/or contents
    - change the acceptance back to "accept" if the schedule or the contents become more attractive
    - as a reminder for important meetings you cannot join to gather information about the discussed contents on a later stage.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outlook calendar event reminders sent via text message to cell phone.

On an older version of Outlook at work, I was able to set up so reminder texts on calendar items were sent to a text number that I provide, my cell phone. The same reminder that shows on the desk top is also texted to my cell phone number witch I had set up somewhere in settings for Outlook. It does not appear to be an available option at this timer.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make calendar item searchable in the calendar regardless of how the calendar is added

It would be great if we could search calendar items in the calendar regardless of how the calendar is added.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to set a meeting to auto record.

I would like to be able to put an auto record setting on my meetings when I set them up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add calendar status to indicate immovable vs. moveable meetings/appointments

For many people there are two types of meetings/appointments that both show as busy today:

1. Items that can easily be moved as-needed (e.g. some 1:1s. meetings with a small number of attendees within the same team, time blocked for a specific activity that can be done at another time, etc...) A tentative status typically doesn't for these items since the time really is for a committed appointment/meeting, it's just that it's moveable if needed.

2. Meetings that are not easily moved (e.g. a meeting with a skip-level manager or key customer, a meeting with a lot of people that are difficult…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Highlight

In a view where it shows weekly or monthly, would like to highlight today's date

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add quarterly option to recurring calendar. You only have weekly, monthly or yearly now.

The recurring calendar options are weekly, monthly or yearly. I do several things quarterly and would like that option.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable calendar to accept shift work times.

Please allow the Start time to be "before" the "end" time. I work 3rd shift, 22:00 to 09:00, but when I try to put that on the calendar it keeps telling me "start date is before end date." It's really not since I come in the day before. You would think this is a simple thing to understand. Being a Microsoft product, I'm not surprised it doesn't.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reply as a meeting invite

While replying to an email enable option to convert the response as a meeting invite so that we can reply as a meeting invite whenever required

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide more options for meeting reminders - multiple reminders, custom relative and absolute times time ahead of meeting.

Multiple reminders: For example - 1 day before to prepare, 2 hours to commute and 2 minutes before to enter on time.

Custom relative times: For example, 1 minute before to login to online conference.

Custom absolute times: 8pm the evening before the meeting.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to choose which calendar you want import ics file on.

When you import an ics file in an outlook client with multiple email profiles, you should have the option to choose which calendar you import the calendar entry on.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base