OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recurring Meeting series ending alert

It would be really helpful to get an alert when the last meeting of a series (recurring meeting) is approaching or about to start. I have many meetings that I set for a year that can end mid-year and not realize they've ended so I can either continue them or start a new series/recurrence meeting. I support 12 calendars for 12 executives and it would be a great tool to have so I can keep such meetings scheduled or at least alert the meeting owner to see if it should be continued.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add BCC, CC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016 and enhance the functionality by including it in Teams Meeting.

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC, CC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC, CC – without showing these and need to extend them to Skype as well as Microsoft Teams Meetings.

6,321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

665 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable an option to re-accept declined meetings that are part of a series.

Add an option to be able to accept individual meetings which are part of a larger series after the individual meeting has been previously declined. It is possible to find a deleted invite for an individual meeting and re-accept it, but there seems to be no way to re-accept a declined meeting which is part of a series.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve week view in calendar

Hello, in Outlook Calendar the view has unfortunately deteriorated. The current time used to be shown with a narrow strip in the current day, as it is currently still present in Teams-Calendar.

In Outlook the stripe has been replaced by a dot with a line to the past days. However, this is not a very clear view, especially on a Monday.

A personal setting would be desirable in my opinion !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Contact ONLY Individuals who have not replied to a meeting request

You should be able to (under tracking) easily email or reach out to those who have not responded to an outlook invite to a meeting request. The only way I see it can be done now, is to hand extract those individuals and resend a new meeting request.

1,261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show all meeting participants in Outlook Calendar when hovering over the meeting

Show all meeting participants in Outlook Calendar when hovering over the meeting. When you are the person inviting others to a meeting and you have a bunch of the same meetings, you don't know who you are meeting with at a given time slot unless you click on more buttons. This information should be available when hovering over the meeting rather than clicking all over the place to remember who you are meeting with. Please consider this improvement. It would make life so much easier. If it can show whether the participants have accepted or not, that would also be…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A "Schedule a Follow-up Meeting with the same Participants" option

A button on a Meeting that creates a new meeting with the same participants (and perhaps subject) as the original.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add calendar status to indicate immovable vs. moveable meetings/appointments

For many people there are two types of meetings/appointments that both show as busy today:

1. Items that can easily be moved as-needed (e.g. some 1:1s. meetings with a small number of attendees within the same team, time blocked for a specific activity that can be done at another time, etc...) A tentative status typically doesn't for these items since the time really is for a committed appointment/meeting, it's just that it's moveable if needed.

2. Meetings that are not easily moved (e.g. a meeting with a skip-level manager or key customer, a meeting with a lot of people that are difficult…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alerts for upcoming meetings automatically dismiss once you join

I love being alerted 15 minutes before a meeting begins and being able to snooze until 5 minutes before it starts.
    However, the reminder window stays open even after I join the meeting I was reminded about, and it's a little annoying. If the window could be aware that I've joined the meeting it's reminding me of and close automatically, that would be very helpful.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Outlook New Meeting Location - Easy autocomplete previous Geolocation used

Previous Office updates allow users to be able to select the new meeting location's history, sort of like an autocomplete feature where in users can use the up-and-down keys on their keyboard to select the previously used location for their past meeting when creating a new event in Outlook calendar. Since organization don't user Resource mailbox (Rooms), we relay on the Geolocation search. Now that users are in Office 365 Apps for Business version 2006 - with Windows 10 version 2004 build, this feature is no longer available.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

With the Covid-19 crisis and working from home/away from the office it would be useful to have an option to send meeting reminders as an Alert on your device or provide a fwd email so it will link with your phone and remind of a meeting. Working at home I am multi-tasking even more so than at the office and when I step away from my laptop sometimes I miss reminders or get taken away from an upcoming meeting.

I also don't have a work…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extend the time bar indicator over the current day in Outlook365 calendar view

The time bar indicator in the calendar view should extend over the current day - not only over the past days.
    Currently this leads to the first weekday having almost no visible time bar indicator (just half a circle) and for other days the time bar indicator extends only over past days.

This is confusing and constantly makes one look at appointments from the past day instead the current one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. activate a reminder at the end of the meeting.

Currently only available a reminder of the start of the meeting, could be useful a reminder for the end of the meeting as well.
    regards,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else. Also provide an option to create a meeting on someone's behalf without being included in the meeting.

3,848 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

362 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Work Time" Location

Work Time allows me to share what my core working hours are, as we work in more dynamic ways, I'd like to share location (in office, remote, custom) to help people know where to schedule meetings with me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple organisers for one Outlook appointment

With several organisers for an Outlook appointment, it would be possible to make appointment adjustments if one is not available. Adjusting the calendar description would also be more useful for collaboration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Consolidation of events in calendar into one when displaying shared calendars

If there is a shared event in multiple calendars that is shared with you they should be grouped as one with icons showing the attendees

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bring back color coding your out of office hours in your work week

make the hours that you arent in work shaded a different color. It used to work, but now it doesn't even if you set your work hours in the settings. What happened?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide more options for meeting reminders - multiple reminders, custom relative and absolute times time ahead of meeting.

Multiple reminders: For example - 1 day before to prepare, 2 hours to commute and 2 minutes before to enter on time.

Custom relative times: For example, 1 minute before to login to online conference.

Custom absolute times: 8pm the evening before the meeting.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Team Meeting

In the Microsoft Team Meeting Calendar, there should be a revise text labeling "Click to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting."

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base