OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• or
  1. appointment template for description

Whenever I create a new appointment in my calender, I would like to have a drop down menu where my custom templates for appoints can be selected. This should work like choosing a signature in mail.

Benefit: I have many meetings which have agendas in the appointment. My template would be like:

"Dear all,

this is the agenda for today's meeting
    - (to be filled)
    -

Regards
    T.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to select any calendar for new meetings and appointments, like the phone app (Windows Phone App)

In the Windows Phone App, now extinct, the user could select a New Meeting or New Appt, then choose which calendar to which it would apply. However, in the desktop version, a user must go to the desired calendar first and then click for a new meeting/appointments.

For people who use many multiple calendars, which I believe is every Outlook user, we don't look at which calendar in the stack is selected before we choose to add an event. Thus, we end up adding an event to the wrong calendar and requiring us to re-enter it. The same…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Converting Meeting to Appointment

Outlook Calendar doesn’t allow users to turn a Meeting to an Appointment. Workaround is to manually create a new appointment with the same details as the Meeting which is time-consuming. Please fix by adding an option to enable users to convert a Meeting into an Appointment. Thanks.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. how about categories that make different appointments distiguishable?

the categories don't work anymore. Used to be one of the best things about Outlook

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give an option to remove the "Next appointment" and "Previous appointment" tabs in Outlook 2016 Calendar.

Give an option to remove the "Next appointment" and "Previous appointment" tabs in Outlook 2016 Calendar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Retract Appointments

Ability to retract appointments when they have been canceled or rescheduled. Appointments no longer valid clog up the works when doing a busy search because they are not removed from the calendar.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cancel appointment

The option to cancel an appointment (not meeting). And once it has been cancelled, be able to make a note, like "rescheduled for ____", and still be able to see that it was on the calendar and what happened to it. And then another good option would be to be able to show "All Appointments" or "Only Active Appointment" or "Only Cancelled Appointments", etc.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automated email reminder sent to attendees for Outlook Calendar appointments.

Automated email reminder sent to attendees for Outlook Calendar appointments to ensure that the recipients remember that they have an appointment coming up within a certain time frame. 24-48 hours before designated time.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to assign tasks within an appointment while creation.

Outlook Appointment add task flag to appointment text similar to OneNote.

To assign tasks within an appointment during creation, it would be very helpful to have a task flag function similar to OneNote.

Appointments often include agendas, it would be nice to have tasks per agenda item assigned.

For example, I am writing my appointment details in a series of bullets, then I want to flag each bullet with a custom task. The task is synched to the outlook appointment link and text similar to how Task is linked to OneNote text. This would provide a full workflow.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Save and New" option when creating new appointments in Calendar

Having the option of "save and new" when creating an appointment in Calendar so when you have multiple appointments to create you can move from one to the next. Also include the ability to choose the calendar that you want the appointment to be scheduled in from the "new appointment" screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Appointment with 2 different days option in Outlook 2016

schedule a appointment with 2 days options and the opportunity to vote the preferred day

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to show the client appointment.

It would be nice to be able to mark a past appointment as being missed by a client and keep it in the agenda but being kinda crossed or something so we can track the number of appointment where clients don't show off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Outlook auto accept appointments when application is closed

MS Outlook have a auto accept function for incoming appointments.
    Make Outlook auto accept appointments when application is closed or at the application start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto transfer of appointment to that person in contacts so if I forgot when my Dr appointment I can look up via contacts.

Auto transfer of appointment to that person in contacts so if I forgot when my Dr appointment I can look up via contacts.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide an option to hide calendar appointments by category or completely hide free appointments on Shared calendars

Provide an option to hide calendar appointments by category in Microsoft Outlook 2016 like in MAC version.

Also, completely hide free appointments on Shared Calendars.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow reminder before END of appointment. Or allow a negative value for reminder offset.

I often need to be notified before END of some appointment or meeting. The current reminders are only allow to be notified before the appointment start.
    Use cases:
    - A driver needs to know about end of the meeting to arrange a car
    - An attendand needs to be notified about some event end to help guests
    - etc.
    Please allow reminders before END of appointment. Or allow a negative value for reminder offset to have ability to set them to raise for some time after the appointment start.

Options to implement:
    Option 1: add a checkbox "notify before event…

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. appointment color in shared calendars

Keep the assigned colors to identify the different appointments, in the calendars of the interlocutors who share the calendar

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Appointing meeting schedule, or event.

Would love to see an action feature for adding received or sent email to calendar for appointing meeting schedule, or an event.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Closing Calendar Appointment with no changes

Almost every time I close a calendar appointment, Outlook asks if I want to save my changes. There were no changes made to the appointment. How about Outlook doesn't ask to save changes when there were NO CHANGES made by the end user. This has been going on for YEARS. Please fix it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide Private Appointments When Sharing Screen

I would appreciate it if one could toggle a mode in Outlook Calendar whether or not to show private appointements.
    When I share my screen (Skype, MS Teams, projector, ...) and have the calendar open I don't want others to see private appointements (because they are private and could contain confidential information).

So I would expect to have a toggle switch to enter this mode where private appointements are shown as 'Private Appointement' and not with their title. I also would like that Outlook automatically enters this mode when the screen is shared in an online meeting. Detect projectors may…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base