OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Week numbers should be configurable to allow them to start based on financial, fiscal or school years

Week numbers should be configurable to allow them to start based on financial, fiscal or school years, especially as these may fall at different times depending on your country

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mark an email like "Awaiting response" when it's sent

This will allow us to remember which emails we are waiting for to be answered, and track them from the same email.

SImilar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBaoK32y4gk&feature=emb_title

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. in outlook desktop, add the possibility to delete and refuse all meetings during holidays (like in outlook online)

in outlook desktop, add the possibility to delete and refuse all meetings during holidays (like in outlook online)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give an option to create predefined search criteria and save as quick actions.

Next to field "Search current mailbox", there is enough space. Give an option to create predefined search criteria and save them as quick access buttons next to "Search current mailbox", like mails from boss, mails with attachments, mail from client etc OR allow us to move "Search Folders" to ribbon as drop down option.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat

Why don`t you have qa chat option where you send emails inviting ppl to chats and you can cchat instantly insted of having to wait for the email to send and come back to you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show the weekday in meeting invitations

When receiving a meeting invite, the time, date, month and year is shown. But the weekday is not. And there doesn't seem to be a way to easily see this (hovering over the date, or changing a view setting) without opening a calendar. It would be good for the meeting invite to show which day of the week the invite is for, or allow you to 'hover' over the date to show the day.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send group email via Contacts

It would be nice to have the ability to email a group of people by selecting their names within Outlook Contacts versus 1st creating a new email then individually searching their names. We would be able to send an email to the selected contacts much faster. It would also be nice if we could create a New Group by selecting their names within Outlook Contacts and right-clicking versus 1st creating the group then searching for individual names.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. One folder for unread emails from multiple email accounts on outlook.

Basically have one inbox/folder for all unread email from multiple email accounts on outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send Read Receipt - blind

Have the option for the email sender to see when the message is read, but do not give the recipient an option to not have the receipt sent.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Format Reading Pane

I work on a laptop, and there isn't much screen space left at the bottom for the reading pane.
    Instead much of the space is taken up by the subject, emails addresses, cc addresses etc

Can we option to turn off the display of this header information ?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,657 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

210 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Colour the favourites section for mailboxes - allow us to choose the background colour

Colour the favourites section for mailboxes - allow us to choose the background colour for each item added into the favourites section - this enables the user to quickly scan mailboxes rather than all of them and picking the wrong one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatically decline invites without automatically accepting invites

Automatically decline invites which are in conflict with another meeting without automatically accepting invites

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit an attachment and reply to sender

Allow to open an attachment, edit it and save the copy to the email automatically to reply back to the sender

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. emoji response to email

Enable emoji response to email, just like we can in Teams - many emails could be simply and quickly responded to with the 6 emojis available for Teams responses. It would be great if we could just give a thumbs up or a smiley face as a quick response to the sender.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I love the next 7 days feature, could it be modified to the next 7 working days?

Could "Next 7 Days" Feature be modified to "Next 7 Working Days" or choice of either?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a pop-up reminder for users who create a meeting with WebEx as the location but do not have a WebEx invite attached.

Provide a pop-up reminder for users who create a meeting invite with WebEx as the location but do not have a WebEx meeting attached when they attempt to send the meeting invite (similar to the pop-up reminder for users who have 'attach' in the message but no file attached)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customize Desktop notification appearance in Microsoft Outlook

Earlier version of Outlook has Desktop notification setting which allows us to change transparency and location of desktop alert. Outlook 2016 does not have that feature. Current desktop alert is not transparent at all and it is in a fixed place which is not user friendly since we huge number of emails in a day. Please allow us to customise the desktop alert.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an option to configure and set send only email accounts in Microsoft Outlook

In Outlook.com it is possible to set up an Email account as send only SMTP but this doesn't appear to be possible in the desktop version. The email address is a sub account of a Virgin Media account and when I try setting it up Outlook downloads all of the emails sent to the head and sub account, which have already been downloaded. Just want to be able to send on behalf of my wife

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base