OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder

If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder, there should be an undo button to undo last move

361 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to Opt Out from the Unnecessary emails.

Everyday we get multiple emails within projects in which are looped in for some suggestion or input. But at a point of time the same email topic goes beyond your technical / functional boundaries and we are still part of that email chain.

There should be some mechanism to Opt out of the continues mail chains where we feel that email is no more required for us.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Link my cell phone (Apple or Android) upcoming calendar events created in Outlook.

Link my cell phone (Apple or Android) upcoming calendar events created in Outlook.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. folder pane density

Increase the folder pane density so I can see more of my folders. (It seems that the font is large and there is a lot of dead space between each collapsed folder to make touch screen use easier, but the billions of users that still use a mouse may find this wasteful and inefficient to scroll through tons of folders.)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "typing...." message when sending email

There should be some sore of "John Doe is typing... message" when someone is responding to an email. There are too many times at work when both I and a coworker reply the same thing to one email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Attachment Pin

PIN for some files in attachment while composing. We use some files regular and want to PIN them in compose window, so everytime it save lot of time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need ability to add a date reminder to a received email.

Allow to add a reminder to an email!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I used to be able to send an email from outlook to a new page in onenote. Apparently, this feature is now gone. Please restore.

I used to be able to send an email from outlook to a new page in onenote. Apparently, this feature is now gone with office365outlook. Please restore.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. From email address comparison to prevent scams

This is a simple Idea but I think it could help a lot of people from being tricked by scammers. When you receive an email form someone right now Outlook just shows the Name in the from spot. By default it should also show the real email address from the message source that the email was sent from. If that email address doesn't match the persons name's email address in the contact list it should highlight the message and specifically the faked email address so the user is aware. The user then can make a decision as to if this…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include option to answer with our theme and background in Outlook

I think MS should include a predefined option to answer messages or emails with our predefined theme, background, font, ... always when we use "answer" or reply option. Becouse sometimes it is annoying to reply to an email which was sended with user defined background images or font, and when you reply to that message it takes the same background, font, ....
    It should be under "Options" and allow user to use our own predefined theme, background, font always when replying to an email.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to print multiple calendars (such as personal and public calendars) using the Print Options feature. Save paper and more efficient.

Ability to print multiple calendars (such as personal and public calendars) using the Print Options feature in order to print all relevant calendars on a single page rather than a separate print out for each calendar. This allows each user to fine tune their print calendar print outs to include both the Public calendar entries plus their own personal calendar entries. This feature will be more efficient and prevent missed appointments due to incorrect allocation of appointments to wrong calendars. This will be environmentally friendly with less paper use.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show Non-Work Hours as Out of Office

Please provide the option to show non-work hours as out of office. Presently, setting work hours only serves to slightly darken non-work hours when someone is scheduling a meeting, often resulting in non-work hours not being seen or honored. The only work-around is to create a personal recurring meeting set as out of office, which is functional, but distracting and intrusive to always see. Having the option to show non-work hours as out of office would be a far more elegant and functional solution.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. One click start of teams meeting from calendar

Right now it takes a painful number of clicks to start a Teams meeting from outlook. It should take JUST ONE action - a double click on the meeting invite in the calendar view, or single click on the "Join Teams Meeting". Right now, when you click on a meeting in your calendar a web-page looking window pops up that requires you to click again. Then another window pops up that requires you to click "Join", then you have to click and "x" to get rid of that intermediate window. None of these necessary or add value.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an option to insert an image or embed in the body of message in outlook 2016

Provide an option to insert an image or embed in the body of message in outlook 2016 or to allow embedding an image from attachment; Attached image as inserted image in document flow.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Drag and Drop or mass selection Outlook groups membership management

Adding members to groups has to happen one person at a time? Contact group management allows you to open various address lists and select multiple items then click "Members" and it adds all selected items at once, the groups feature forces you to type and search for members one at a time and add them as you find them. <- this method absolutely kills productivity please add functionality similar to that of group contacts before I go insane(er)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a feature to make To Do List accessible and track-able and export it from Microsoft Outlook 2016 to other platforms

Access & track your "To Do List" while you are on the go. In Outlook smartphone app, separate app or even exporting the list to keep following up in excel file. That would be more productive if Outlook would export it to To-Do application as a ready list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide meeting-finder feature for a bunch of availability request (aka doodle-feature ;)

Please implement a feature to send participants a choice of different appointment availability time frames. So far external tools like Doodle are needed. Why not implement directly a smart solution into Outlook?

Offer the requesting user, to choose different dates and times, to add them up into one request to participants. (similiar to your series function already, just to choose a bunch of flexibel dates instead of just serial behavior)

the participants then should get all requested dates into their calendars (shown like non answered- dates yet) - when opening the request (no matter which of the single ones), offer…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Categories in task pane.

It would be good, that in task pane, when it is filtered by categories, the band of each category acquires the color assigned by the user.
    Best regards...!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. My Contacts.

I don't see my contacts in Outlook anymore.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow RGB color values in 'conditional formatting' in Advanced View Settings.

I use condition based formatting of the rows in my inbox. Unfortunately, Outlook supports only a very limited set of very basic colors. My request comprises the support of more advanced text style options including RGB colors.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base