OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rescheduled/cancelled meetings should offer a way to recover saved text

Currently when you get a meeting request, you can accept the meeting and the open the meeting invite from calendar to start taking some notes such as talking points, some other content withing the meeting window.

Now if the meeting organizer reschedules the meeting, the previous meeting gets deleted along with my saved notes/text and all the content is lost. This happens before I even accepted the new meeting, believe it doesn't matter whether I accepted or not.

The old meeting item cannot be foun anywhere in the 'deleted items' folder not the 'recover deleted items' folder. I think its…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When a meeting changes time and date, have the 'Calendar' view show old and new

Meetings get moved. A meeting on Monday, is moved to Wednesday. I'm a graphical thinker. A 'new time and date', followed by a 'crossed out time and date' makes no impact for my memory: I need to see it.

You have a feature which allows me to see the meeting in the Calendar. I would like it to show the 'change of meeting date and time', when a meeting date and time is changed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please provide the unread email count badges on taskbar. It is so useful to know what drops in our mailbox while working on different window

Please provide the unread email count badges on taskbar. It is so useful to know what drops in our mailbox while working on different task in different window. It will save 30 second to 1 minute. You can imagine how powerful feature would be and there is no doubt that a lot of resource hours ( No of current users * 60 Seconds = x number of hours ) can be saved adding this feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to set specific meetings/appointment with different set of permissions.

I don't want my entire calendar to be public to my organization but I'd like to mark my reoccurring event to pick-up my daughter public so they know I'm not skipping work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BRING BACK CATEGORIES OPTION to 365 Update

After the recent 365 Update, it seems the Categories Option (with different colors) is not available for Calendar Events/meetings. Please bring it back!!!! Right away!!!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. incorporate business day into recurring events

Working in Finance, we have many activities based on the close cycle, business day 1 being the first work day of the new month. I would like to be able to set up recurring events in the Calendar based on the business day. For example, I have an activity that occurs every business day 4. If the first day of the month is on a Saturday, the current recurring calendar will set up that event on Tuesday, the 2nd business day of the month. I imagine people working in Finance would get similar value.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide the ability to jump to an email folder from a search.

Feature to enable to jump to an email folder from a search. When you search for email and find it, enable the folder to be opened from the search result, or provide simple way to go direct to the folder.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide 'Recipient' status whether he has seen mail or not before Recall/Resend email

Provide 'Recipient' status whether he has seen mail or not before Recall/Resend email

Current Functionality:
    Click on Email->File->Message Resend and Recall
    Tow options there: 1. Resend message for unseen recipient and 2. Recall message.
    Once sender use this then he will get notification of how many recipients message has been recalled.

Improvement:
    When user is clicking on 'File->Message Resend and Recall'
    Is it possible to give 'Recipient' status whether he has seen message or not. So that sender will decide that Resend/Recall is fruitful or not.

For e.g.
    If sender wants to update message for recipient 'A' but he has…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Exporting appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar with required attendees.

Not able to import " required attendees" in appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar (via a CSV file) Everything works well except required attendees. When I put in attendee's emails they are not loaded into the Outlook Calendar. I want to have attendees listed in each appointmentas well as having outlook send the appointment request to the required attendee, though I am not sure the appointment request is a possibility and would save me time!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. provide a feature in Outlook calendar where reading pane shows details of individual recurring events

provide a feature in Outlook calendar where reading pane shows details of individual recurring events

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display a notification when Outlook disconnects from the server

Often Outlook disconnects from the Microsoft Exchange server with no notification other than the easily miss-able small text in the right of the status bar. User can potentially miss lots of emails, or have sent mails stuck in the outbox as they are not made aware of the disconnection. User should be immediately notified whenever an involuntary disconnection occurs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ajout du contact automatique

Ajouter automatiquement le contact lors de la création d'un mail vers une nouvelle adresse sans avoir besoin de retourner dans le mail envoyé pour ajouter l'adresse aux contacts.
    Le simple fait d'écrire à une adresse inconnue suffirait à l'application à enregistrer automatiquement cette nouvelle adresse, comme c'est déjà le cas dans la plupart des messageries.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. open new tab when using outlook app

Allow the ability to have calendar and email open at the same time while using the desktop app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add CC BCC To eMails By Default

In Outlook 2016 please, PLEASE add the option to show CC and BCC when composing/reading an email. Having the only option to click a down arrow to see the CC or BCC is not a "feature". It's a pain.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. folder pane density

Increase the folder pane density so I can see more of my folders. (It seems that the font is large and there is a lot of dead space between each collapsed folder to make touch screen use easier, but the billions of users that still use a mouse may find this wasteful and inefficient to scroll through tons of folders.)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable the option to change note colours

Be able to categorize notes with different colours

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow users to mark senders as not Junk!!!!

I'm constantly having to move stuff out of junk from senders I've already identified as trusted. Science Daily is a great newsletter that always ends up in my Junk folder and I've identified it as Not Junk hundreds of times!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add the name of the person creating a calendar event.

It would be helpful to see who has arranged an appointment in a shared calendar so any questions could be referred to the appointee.
    This was a feature in earlier outlook versions!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Julian Dates

Can you add the abililty to add julian dates at the bottom of the calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base