OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back the trashcans (delete) back into a solid red X! It was so much easier to discern.

In the 'Deleted' folder, turn one of the trashcan back to a solid red 'X'.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: search box doesn't search for what I type

Bug: When I begin typing a search term in the "Search Current Mailbox" input box, a dropdown box appears listing recent searches. Whatever, I don't intend to click on any of those. I finish typing my search term and hit "Enter" - outlook does not search for what I typed. Instead, it searched for the term in the dropdown that happened to be under the cursor of my untouched mouse.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook Deleted Items option to sort by date/time deleted in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Allow a sort option in the "Deleted Items" folder to sort by the date/time the item was deleted, rather than the original send date. This would allow easy location of recently-deleted items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow changing of IMAP email address

Before updating Outlook, was I able to easily change the email address for an IMAP account. With the latest update, the ability to change the email address on the account was removed and replaced with a static label. Please bring back the ability to change the email address, I use it frequently!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Categories (and colors) do not work in Outlook 2016 with IMAP email settings

Categories (and colors) do not work in Outlook 2016 with IMAP email settings

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Colour font options

Suggesting some feature. Kindly see if any colour option can be made available for Folders name we create. so that one can easily identify important group always to check for important emails assigned.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. folder pane density

Increase the folder pane density so I can see more of my folders. (It seems that the font is large and there is a lot of dead space between each collapsed folder to make touch screen use easier, but the billions of users that still use a mouse may find this wasteful and inefficient to scroll through tons of folders.)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I used to be able to send an email from outlook to a new page in onenote. Apparently, this feature is now gone. Please restore.

I used to be able to send an email from outlook to a new page in onenote. Apparently, this feature is now gone with office365outlook. Please restore.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide an option to schedule Out of Office replies for multiple holidays / events in advance

Currently I can only schedule my out of office for one occasion. Allow an option to pre-schedule multiple occasions. For example On July 3rd, when I set it up for 4th of July, allow me to schedule it for the Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas, etc. That way I can set them up when I am not very busy. Also, provide an option to activate / deactivate them. We have 10 or so holidays, so allow a few more and provide 15+ schedule alternatives. Note: I think the common holidays should be default for everybody.

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide an option to "send to added and deleted attendees only" when adding people to existing calendar event in Outlook 2016

Previously when you added people to an existing event before the event update was sent out it would ask if you wanted to send it only to the people added or deleted from the event and that feature is now gone in Outlook 2016

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow the Contact General View from email address right click drop down.

Old "General View" of a contact instead of a "contact card". Can that be added to the right click drop down over email address?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like the ability to add a group of emails addresses from an email as a group in contacts.

I would like the ability to add a group of emails addresses from an email as a group in contacts. This feature would allow us to highight the emails in the To Group and select an option to create as a group in the Contact list.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make notifications prominent when we receive emails that are directly moved to a folder as part of Rule in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Presently, Outlook does not warn of an arriving message when the message is directed to a specific folder (through a rule). In this case, the system does not signal when an incoming message arrives. It would be nice to have Outlook to signal when the arriving message is automatically directed to a folder. This is particularly useful for users who have (sub)folders in their mailbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Get a link to an email conversation thread on Microsoft Outlook 2016 across all the platforms supported.

I use onenote to track my active work. Much of that is driven by email conversations. I'd like a way to get a durable link to an email conversation that I can paste into onenote or anywhere else.

Clicking the link should take me to outlook.com to the latest conversation view of the thread. (Or an appropriate page if the conversation has been deleted.)

It'd be neat if this link was like other OneNote links, where it generates both an outlook://<...> link as well as an https://outlook.com link, and I can choose to keep whichever one I like.

I'd like…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a note or comment to an incoming email - to pop up like in excel

Add a note to an incoming email. Just like excel has the ability to add a
    comment and a red symbol marks an attached comment. So for an example, a new email received that the sender replaces. I'd like to add a comment like "don't bother with this attachment see new email" - rather than deleting or filing the email in a different folder.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. One Click Macro for Contact Search in Outlook 2016

I would like a macro on my desktop that I could click and it would open my contacts for a quick name search. I had this years ago but MS changed outlook so it no longer worked.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide a feature or tool to sync and keep synced contacts from Google, Apple etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature or tool to sync and keep synced contacts from Google, Apple etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than using different methods to import and sync contacts. Provision of single tool that handles the Contacts Management across all the Email Service Providers would be an added benefit. As everyone today uses Google, Apple or Microsoft, or more likely a combination of these service providers, it is very common to have multiple devices and multiple contacts. A techie at office 365 helped me transfer my Google contacts into Outlook 365 but apparently I have to keep updating manually. Please…

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow to assign tasks within an appointment while creation.

Outlook Appointment add task flag to appointment text similar to OneNote.

To assign tasks within an appointment during creation, it would be very helpful to have a task flag function similar to OneNote.

Appointments often include agendas, it would be nice to have tasks per agenda item assigned.

For example, I am writing my appointment details in a series of bullets, then I want to flag each bullet with a custom task. The task is synched to the outlook appointment link and text similar to how Task is linked to OneNote text. This would provide a full workflow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Send meeting updates only to those who accepted?

Even in Outlook 2016, it's still only possible to send meeting updates to -all- recipients but much more logical and user friendly is the default option to only send to ricipients who accepted the meeting request; or at least skip those who already declined the meeting request. Please include as default feature.

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sync the Outlook Add-in for OneNote with the OneNote app version from Microsoft Outlook 2016

It is unfortunate to not be able to send an email using the one note add in outlook to the one note app notebooks. One Note 16 pops up and I no longer use those notebooks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base