OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resolved to-do list items should show in the to-do list with Green complete mark.

Currently outlook just remove the task from to-do list when user the red-flag. Because user might want to re-flag it due to some unpredictable situations and now user has to go through thousands of recently received emails to red-flag it (user might not remember the sender, title or content about the email so cannot search for it).

The completed task should still show in the to-do list with Green complete mark with ordered below the red flagged to-do items.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve outlook search result contact card

Some time ago, the contact Information shown were helpfull. Then - whyever - you changed this to an useless sytle - devided into two screens.

If you search for a contact and select the entry, you will see a lot of space and only some informaton.

For the needed Information, you have to click Always on >

Everything from there could and *should* be displayed on page 1.

Generally, it is unclear which Information are shown on page 1. Somtimes phone, sometimes mobile, sometimes both ...

Please let the user customzite the first screen to display more or better all…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. suggesting availbility time for rooms and people for a reccurance meeting

Auto suggesting availability time slot for rooms and people for a recurrence meeting . this feature will help to eliminate a lot of manual search

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Could not edit the subject at the mailbox

Could not edit the subject line of the email in mailbox.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Follow-up reminders about unanswered e-mails

Greetings,

In my daily work I often struggle with following scenario (I guess not only me): I send an e-mail to someone with a request to take some action. These requests are not always urgent, but I expect to receive an answer/feedback in the end to close the case.

But sometimes e-mails don't get answered by the recipients or they simply forget to reply.
    The problem is I cannot track responses and constantly keep in memory the list of all unanswered e-mails.

So, I would love to see a feature in Outlook which would allow me to mark (some) outgoing…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to search all email for a contact under "Activities" as in Outlook 365

Other Outlook versions provide ability to search all email exchanges with a contact in Contacts by selecting "Activities" search. It very convenient and fast for finding discussions, attachments, etc. Searching through all emails for a subject, contact, word, etc., is ok, but not as business useful. Thanks.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a feature or option not to display "Message Resend and Recall" for receivers in Outlook

Provide a feature or option that enables customers not to display "Message Resend and Recall" for receivers.
    Due to this function, customers are unable to track message logs by Start-HistoricalSearch or Get-MessageTrace.
    On top of that, it makes no sense to let a receiver have an capability to resend a message. We assume that "Message Resend and Recall" was originally implemented for Send Message. The purpose of the function, Resend Message", is to give an original sender an capability to send it again, rather than to give a receiver the capability.
    More importantly, we found it impossible to output the…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. folder pane density

Increase the folder pane density so I can see more of my folders. (It seems that the font is large and there is a lot of dead space between each collapsed folder to make touch screen use easier, but the billions of users that still use a mouse may find this wasteful and inefficient to scroll through tons of folders.)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Find duplicate messages

Find duplicate messages

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set Default Calendar Tab for Calendar View

When you open Outlook Calendar desktop client, if you have multiple calendar tabs, Outlook chooses any calendar tab, but yours as the active tab. Why not allow the user to set the default calendar tab in focus? Since it's my Outlook account, I'd love to be able to default to MY calendar tab. This will prevent users creating events in other calendars.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook must provide the ability to allow to accept or decline part of a recurring meeting.

If a requester has sent a recurring meeting for the entire week and the attendee plans to be attending it just one day a week, there must be a way to indicate that in which case all other instances of that recurring meeting should fall off the calendar.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make categories searchable

I use Outlook, for both mail, calendar and contacts, often the category labels to bring order. However these are not searchable. It's a powerful feature especially if you use it when searching. It would be nice if there is a box where you can search the category * * * * quickly by typing a few letters, especially if you use many categories.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sync the Outlook Add-in for OneNote with the OneNote app version from Microsoft Outlook 2016

It is unfortunate to not be able to send an email using the one note add in outlook to the one note app notebooks. One Note 16 pops up and I no longer use those notebooks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a feature or an option to sort Rules in alphabetical order in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Can you please have the "Rules" for dealing with emails display in alphabetical order, or at least have this option. They currently display in chronological order only.
    This will make finding a rule easier when you have a lot of them to edit/update etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide an option of delete in the pop up window when an email is received in outlook 2016

Why did you remove the delete option in the pop up window when an email is received?

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add "notes" to the people pane under "meetings"

Add "notes" to the people pane under "meetings". This would be helpful to see what you last discussed per phone conversations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve visibility of unread mails when black background is used

When using the black background in Outlook, unread mails show with black font for the email sender and title. This makes it difficult to read as it is against a very dark grey background. Suggest changing the text color to blue or white with the typical bold.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow to "Customize the Ribbon" with drag/drop to improve it.

When the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog box is open, I should be able to click and drag on the buttons in the actual ribbon of the normal Outlook button to rearrange the buttons. The current Ribbon Customize interface is not very intuitive and many ribbon sections cannot be customized further. For example the "Respond" section, or "Delete" section have a specific group of buttons. I can change the location of the group, but I cannot add/remove buttons within the group.

Also in the earlier builds of Outlook you can easily customize ribbon from the right-click context menu, and the ability…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Ability to insert Check boxes within a Task in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Currently, we can only insert bullets into Tasks. It would be helpful to be able to create checklists. Linking to OneNote is an immediate work-around.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow business cards to be scanned into Outlook Contacts using a smartphone's camera.

Allow business cards to be scanned into Outlook Contacts using a smartphone's camera. If it is possible to use a phone camera to take a shot of a business card, and then for OCR to transfer the contact information into the relevant field's of Outlook's contact cards.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base