OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand search window on click on the search box

Expand search window on click on the search box

Currently Search box is not much of user friendly and its very small window, if the search window is automatically expanded once user clicks on the search box that would be more user friendly and more productivity

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add documents to an meetings that are not yours that the other participants cannot see

When you have a lot of meetings then you sometimes want to look at things in advance and maybe draft some documents, notes etc.

There should be a way to attach documents and notes to a meeting that you can bring to the meeting and dont want to look for 5 minutes before the meeting takes place. That way you always have a place to bring the documents that you need for the meeting

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable calendar to accept shift work times.

Please allow the Start time to be "before" the "end" time. I work 3rd shift, 22:00 to 09:00, but when I try to put that on the calendar it keeps telling me "start date is before end date." It's really not since I come in the day before. You would think this is a simple thing to understand. Being a Microsoft product, I'm not surprised it doesn't.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Dismiss Past Meetings" option in meeting reminders dialog

"Dismiss Past Meetings" option in meeting pop up dialog.

In the "upcoming meetings" pop up dialog that appears now and then, I very often get a long list of meetings that happened hours ago, mixed with 1 or 2 soon-to-occur meetings. Unfortunately, the only way to dismiss all those no-longer-relevant meetings, without also dismissing the imminent meetings, is to individually click "Dissmiss" on each one ("Dismiss All" doesn't help here - I still want a reminder for the imminent meeting).

Having a "Dismiss past meetings" button would make this much simpler and less error prone.

I hit this problem daily.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Redact Personal information in emails

We get emails from customers and we need to pass on those details to downstream departments to process customer requests. Sometimes we dont need to include certain personal details of those customers. Eg: Tax file number. So it would be great if we have an option to forward those emails by redacting those personal information. There may be bulk of these emails coming in and it may be easier to have this option accessible programatically as well. Please consider

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An option to bold or highlight selected mail folders

Have the ability to bold or highlight, use different font colour on certain mail folders in Outlook. We have so many folders, it would be great be able to be quickly identify in the long list of folders certain ones - even just the main ones.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add calendar status to indicate immovable vs. moveable meetings/appointments

For many people there are two types of meetings/appointments that both show as busy today:

1. Items that can easily be moved as-needed (e.g. some 1:1s. meetings with a small number of attendees within the same team, time blocked for a specific activity that can be done at another time, etc...) A tentative status typically doesn't for these items since the time really is for a committed appointment/meeting, it's just that it's moveable if needed.

2. Meetings that are not easily moved (e.g. a meeting with a skip-level manager or key customer, a meeting with a lot of people that are difficult…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

417 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back the connector lines between folders and subfolders

Old outlook used to have connector lines between folders and subfolders. This made it easy to see all the subfolders belonging to a particular folder. Now that that the horizontal spacing between subfolders has been reduced and the lines removed, it is quite difficult to see what belongs to what, especially when you've got a lot of different folders and subfolders all indented at different levels.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a quick link under the "delay delivery" menu to "send message at 8 AM the following business day"

add a quick link under the "delay delivery" menu to "send message at 8 AM the following business day" so that I don't have to configure every email I am sending to my team over the weekend.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook calendar event reminders sent via text message to cell phone.

On an older version of Outlook at work, I was able to set up so reminder texts on calendar items were sent to a text number that I provide, my cell phone. The same reminder that shows on the desk top is also texted to my cell phone number witch I had set up somewhere in settings for Outlook. It does not appear to be an available option at this timer.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drag and Drop emails as a PDF rather than MSG format

Have the ability to drag an email as a PDF format in personal folders than having to do the printing feature to convert it to a PDF,.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. a read all of the unread messages button

its really annoying to have to click through all the mail.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add ability to collapse/minimize Message Header in Reading Pane (our new Outlook 365 does not include)

Please add ability to collapse/minimize Message Header in Reading Pane (our new Outlook 365 does not include the chevron)
    Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Put the title back in the title bar

Makesit hard to know which Folder you are in.

Since moving the search box to the title bat, you removed the title. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint are fine.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Expand Outlook to support showing DLP policy tips for more conditions

Issue /Problem Description: As per the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/use-notifications-and-policy-tips?view=o365-worldwide#policy-tips-in-outlook-on-the-web-and-outlook-2013-and-later

Currently, Outlook 2013 and later supports showing policy tips only for these conditions:

Content contains
    Content is shared

Need to expand Outlook to support showing policy tips for more conditions, like Attachment’s file extension is, Sender address contains words, etc

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integration with Zoom, Google Meet or Microsoft Teams so that meeting links can be created directly while scheduling the meetings

Integration with Zoom and Google Meet so that meeting links can be created directly while scheduling the meetings

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include reminder settings with recurrence settings, e.g. set for 1 day or 1 hour ahead of each recurrence

It would help a lot to be able to set a default reminder for each recurring task in the recurrence dialog.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. bring back color coding your out of office hours in your work week

make the hours that you arent in work shaded a different color. It used to work, but now it doesn't even if you set your work hours in the settings. What happened?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Select All option & move to folder

I am trying to clean out my inbox, and I have to select each email individually to move it to a saved folder.
    I have multiple emails i want to move..like 20. It would be nice if I could select all and move to my saved folder.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base