OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Highligth each months in different colors to seperate months in Outlook 2016

It would be great if separate months are highlighted in different colors, so that the months could be easily distinguished.

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

53 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to change colour for inline comments only

Now user is enabled only to change the text style for replys in MS Outlook, but not only for inline comments. It would be a wonderful option to choose a separate style for replays and for inline comments as I would like to keep a standard style for general replays and choose a different coloured text for inline comments (to be separated in the previous e-mail).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Plan recurring appointments in a table in calendar of Outlook 2016

By planning a recurring appointment you cannot check whether or not the participants and resources are available on all dates.
    E.g. you plan 10 meetings and book a room. If the room is only available on 9 dates, the resources declines the complete series instead of only declining the one date. Same for participants. They can only accept all or decline all.
    By using a table view, I can already check while planning if the participants and resources are free at all dates. For those dates someone or a resource is not available, this particular date can be changed or…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please bring back the trashcans (delete) back into a solid red X! It was so much easier to discern.

In the 'Deleted' folder, turn one of the trashcan back to a solid red 'X'.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Button for out of office

Please provide a button for setting out of office. easy one click "enter your message here" I always struggle to find and set an out of office reply. shouldnt be this hard.

807 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide feature to add recurring meetings with manual multiple dates selection

It's very tedious to book the time slots in blocks of six months when the meetings aren't set in any pattern like once every week, monthly etc. I need to create separate calendar entries in such cases. Please provide a feature where I choose multiple dates as per my convenience on calendar and simply add them to a list. Lotus Notes offers a similar feature.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to put a note on a specific mail

In the follow up a possibility to put a note, reminder or a result of a conversation

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow to configure preferences for Report Message Add-In

The Report Message Add-In can be deployed centrally but there should be a method to control the settings/preferences in it centrally. For example, set the default option for reporting preference (e.g. always send, never send, ask every time). This should be configurable somewhere (e.g. registry key, GPO, Centralized Deployment manager, Exchange Online policy, etc. The default to ask every time is not the setting we want for our organization, but there is no way currently to reconfigure the default. Please reconsider this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I'd love to be able to add notes for myself to emails when I file them. Something that would not forward if I reply later.

Something like sticky note that you could attach to an email, but would not forward with the email when you reply. (for user's eyes only).

Would be especially helpful if I could attach relevant files when filing emails (w/o sending a new email) or attach/connect other email chains so I could easily keep all relevant information together.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not enough space in the screen to work. Many space on the screen use for presentation that reduces the space to work

Not enough space in the screen to work. Many spaces on the screen use for presentation that reduce the space to work

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

Please add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Closing Calendar Appointment with no changes

Almost every time I close a calendar appointment, Outlook asks if I want to save my changes. There were no changes made to the appointment. How about Outlook doesn't ask to save changes when there were NO CHANGES made by the end user. This has been going on for YEARS. Please fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a feature or option to allow rules to be searched in Microsoft Outlook 2016

There are many users that have many rules activated on their Outlook accounts. In the Desktop client, you cannot easily search these rules to find ones you know to be out of date, etc. I spend far too much time sifting thru my rules to find the one I need to update, disable, or delete.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Resolved to-do list items should show in the to-do list with Green complete mark.

Currently outlook just remove the task from to-do list when user the red-flag. Because user might want to re-flag it due to some unpredictable situations and now user has to go through thousands of recently received emails to red-flag it (user might not remember the sender, title or content about the email so cannot search for it).

The completed task should still show in the to-do list with Green complete mark with ordered below the red flagged to-do items.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve outlook search result contact card

Some time ago, the contact Information shown were helpfull. Then - whyever - you changed this to an useless sytle - devided into two screens.

If you search for a contact and select the entry, you will see a lot of space and only some informaton.

For the needed Information, you have to click Always on >

Everything from there could and *should* be displayed on page 1.

Generally, it is unclear which Information are shown on page 1. Somtimes phone, sometimes mobile, sometimes both ...

Please let the user customzite the first screen to display more or better all…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. suggesting availbility time for rooms and people for a reccurance meeting

Auto suggesting availability time slot for rooms and people for a recurrence meeting . this feature will help to eliminate a lot of manual search

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Could not edit the subject at the mailbox

Could not edit the subject line of the email in mailbox.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Follow-up reminders about unanswered e-mails

Greetings,

In my daily work I often struggle with following scenario (I guess not only me): I send an e-mail to someone with a request to take some action. These requests are not always urgent, but I expect to receive an answer/feedback in the end to close the case.

But sometimes e-mails don't get answered by the recipients or they simply forget to reply.
    The problem is I cannot track responses and constantly keep in memory the list of all unanswered e-mails.

So, I would love to see a feature in Outlook which would allow me to mark (some) outgoing…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize Button" in Outlook 2016

Office programs allow users to customize keyboard shortcuts in the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog window. Why doesn't Outlook? The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize" button is missing.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add ability to search all email for a contact under "Activities" as in Outlook 365

Other Outlook versions provide ability to search all email exchanges with a contact in Contacts by selecting "Activities" search. It very convenient and fast for finding discussions, attachments, etc. Searching through all emails for a subject, contact, word, etc., is ok, but not as business useful. Thanks.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base