OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an option to insert an image or embed in the body of message in outlook 2016

Provide an option to insert an image or embed in the body of message in outlook 2016 or to allow embedding an image from attachment; Attached image as inserted image in document flow.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve outlook search result contact card

Some time ago, the contact Information shown were helpfull. Then - whyever - you changed this to an useless sytle - devided into two screens.

If you search for a contact and select the entry, you will see a lot of space and only some informaton.

For the needed Information, you have to click Always on >

Everything from there could and *should* be displayed on page 1.

Generally, it is unclear which Information are shown on page 1. Somtimes phone, sometimes mobile, sometimes both ...

Please let the user customzite the first screen to display more or better all…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make categories searchable

I use Outlook, for both mail, calendar and contacts, often the category labels to bring order. However these are not searchable. It's a powerful feature especially if you use it when searching. It would be nice if there is a box where you can search the category * * * * quickly by typing a few letters, especially if you use many categories.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve visibility of unread mails when black background is used

When using the black background in Outlook, unread mails show with black font for the email sender and title. This makes it difficult to read as it is against a very dark grey background. Suggest changing the text color to blue or white with the typical bold.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat Option in Outlook Mail

Add a chat option in Outlook ( Like Whatsapp where we can share pictures ,images , PDF) and it will be super helpful . .

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sorting and Coloring

To show that new messages were delivered to the filtered sub folders. Also to be able to color folders in order to distinguish visually.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide feature to add recurring meetings with manual multiple dates selection

It's very tedious to book the time slots in blocks of six months when the meetings aren't set in any pattern like once every week, monthly etc. I need to create separate calendar entries in such cases. Please provide a feature where I choose multiple dates as per my convenience on calendar and simply add them to a list. Lotus Notes offers a similar feature.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Instant Messaging on Outlook

Instant Messaging Chat should be added rather than having to waste time on a short email that could have easily taken 10secs to respond but really, takes like 2mins

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: search box doesn't search for what I type

Bug: When I begin typing a search term in the "Search Current Mailbox" input box, a dropdown box appears listing recent searches. Whatever, I don't intend to click on any of those. I finish typing my search term and hit "Enter" - outlook does not search for what I typed. Instead, it searched for the term in the dropdown that happened to be under the cursor of my untouched mouse.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide an option to schedule Out of Office replies for multiple holidays / events in advance

Currently I can only schedule my out of office for one occasion. Allow an option to pre-schedule multiple occasions. For example On July 3rd, when I set it up for 4th of July, allow me to schedule it for the Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas, etc. That way I can set them up when I am not very busy. Also, provide an option to activate / deactivate them. We have 10 or so holidays, so allow a few more and provide 15+ schedule alternatives. Note: I think the common holidays should be default for everybody.

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy an existing meeting into a new meeting

Allow the copying of an existing meeting into a new meeting that can be edited for content, attendees, time, etc., and then sent. This dramatically decreases the work effort of scheduling meetings and reduces friction between your users and the software.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. One Click Macro for Contact Search in Outlook 2016

I would like a macro on my desktop that I could click and it would open my contacts for a quick name search. I had this years ago but MS changed outlook so it no longer worked.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow changing of IMAP email address

Before updating Outlook, was I able to easily change the email address for an IMAP account. With the latest update, the ability to change the email address on the account was removed and replaced with a static label. Please bring back the ability to change the email address, I use it frequently!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I'd love to be able to add notes for myself to emails when I file them. Something that would not forward if I reply later.

Something like sticky note that you could attach to an email, but would not forward with the email when you reply. (for user's eyes only).

Would be especially helpful if I could attach relevant files when filing emails (w/o sending a new email) or attach/connect other email chains so I could easily keep all relevant information together.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like the ability to add a group of emails addresses from an email as a group in contacts.

I would like the ability to add a group of emails addresses from an email as a group in contacts. This feature would allow us to highight the emails in the To Group and select an option to create as a group in the Contact list.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Categories (and colors) do not work in Outlook 2016 with IMAP email settings

Categories (and colors) do not work in Outlook 2016 with IMAP email settings

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a feature or tool to sync and keep synced contacts from Google, Apple etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature or tool to sync and keep synced contacts from Google, Apple etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than using different methods to import and sync contacts. Provision of single tool that handles the Contacts Management across all the Email Service Providers would be an added benefit. As everyone today uses Google, Apple or Microsoft, or more likely a combination of these service providers, it is very common to have multiple devices and multiple contacts. A techie at office 365 helped me transfer my Google contacts into Outlook 365 but apparently I have to keep updating manually. Please…

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide an option or feature to color code different email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option or feature to color code different email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016. In WIndows Live, we use to be able to color code the different email accounts we had on the desktop version. I want the same ability for the outlook desktop version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for rules to be executed after x number of days

Add a new rule criteria that would allow rule actions to be performed after certain number of days.

Ex. Move emails from HelpDesk@123.com to Helpdesk folder after 2 days of email date

Ex. Delete emails from NotMyBoss@123.com after 15 days of emailed date.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base