OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Under 'Contact Attendees' of a meeting, add the option 'Email attendees who did not answer'.

Outlook offers the option to send an email to all attendees of a meeting. It would be great to have the possibility to send an email only to attendees who have declined, or to those who have not yet answered. This would avoid unnecessary reminders to those who have already answered.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to send the meeting invitation with optional days/times.

Sometimes it is necessary to invite people with two or three options but only one of them should be accepted. All options should be visible at one time in the calendar and the organizer of the meeting should get an overview of the participants feedback (acceptable/perhaps/declined) in a table with a summary how many participants are available for each option to decide the day/time. Different meeting rooms (one for each schedule) should be accepted as well. Once the decision is made, the unused options should be declined automatically.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. go back to the old calendar style for saving and event - the new autosave just doesnt feel right

Go back to the older version scheduling function where the save button would appear and close out an event

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be great to be able to rename attachments when forwarding emails.

Sometimes you need to rename attachments and the only way is to sabe it to PC and then attach again.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When viewing calendars in Overlay Mode, show entries that are the same on multiple calendars as one entry instead of side-by-side

When viewing calendars in Overlay mode, all entries are slways shown side-by-side. This is not optimal for entries that are the same in multiple calendars because the same Information is displayed multiple times and is truncated.

Example 1: I have two accounts, one from my employer and one from our client. I need to maintain both calendars, so on all appointments I'm invited with both accounts.

Example 2: I need to coordinate meetings with other people. Many meetings are with these people anyway. With five or ten meetings displayed side-by-side I can't see any detailed Information about these meetings and…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Check availability for individual instances of a recurring meeting to make (re)scheduling easier

When scheduling a recurring meeting, I'd like a way to quickly jump to the next 'scheduled' date/time to see if people are generally open. For example, I have a recurring monthly meeting that I am looking to reschedule. When I open the series and have the scheduling assistant view active, I can see everyone's calendar. After I change the time under the recurring meeting option, I would like to scan ahead to see how that fits with everyone's schedule. Instead, I have to scroll through each day until I get to the next month's day. Would like an option to…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide 'Recipient' status whether he has seen mail or not before Recall/Resend email

Provide 'Recipient' status whether he has seen mail or not before Recall/Resend email

Current Functionality:
    Click on Email->File->Message Resend and Recall
    Tow options there: 1. Resend message for unseen recipient and 2. Recall message.
    Once sender use this then he will get notification of how many recipients message has been recalled.

Improvement:
    When user is clicking on 'File->Message Resend and Recall'
    Is it possible to give 'Recipient' status whether he has seen message or not. So that sender will decide that Resend/Recall is fruitful or not.

For e.g.
    If sender wants to update message for recipient 'A' but he has…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to print multiple calendars (such as personal and public calendars) using the Print Options feature. Save paper and more efficient.

Ability to print multiple calendars (such as personal and public calendars) using the Print Options feature in order to print all relevant calendars on a single page rather than a separate print out for each calendar. This allows each user to fine tune their print calendar print outs to include both the Public calendar entries plus their own personal calendar entries. This feature will be more efficient and prevent missed appointments due to incorrect allocation of appointments to wrong calendars. This will be environmentally friendly with less paper use.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and don't want to lose the history on the Calendar.

1,182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Introduce a contact manager in Outlook 2016

There should be a contact manager in Outlook.

Features to include...

1. Detect duplicate addresses
    2. Graphically display a contact and where it's data come from
    3. Consolidate contacts
    4. Full drag&dropp support of EVERYTHING even when multi selecting
    5. Be aware of all my devices and which contacts those devices have
    6. Be aware of all sources for contacts from any system, application, program, server from Microsoft (example: Skype, Skype for business, AD, Exchange, Windows, Outlook, SharePoint, One Drive, Personal Address Book-PAB in outlook, Dynamics and so on)
    7. Possibility to set the owner/authority on a field by field…

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow printing of e-mails from Android smart phones

Allow printing of e-mails from Android smart phones.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Upload attachments to Teams' channel folder

It would be great nice if I could upload attachments to Teams' channel folder. Currently, only folder I can upload is root folder of document library but it is not root folder of Teams. I have to do several more steps to save appropriate folder.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Inbox Jump to TOP button

Create a jump to top button to help laptop users from scrolling excessively up to the top of the Inbox view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Highligth each months in different colors to seperate months in Outlook 2016

It would be great if separate months are highlighted in different colors, so that the months could be easily distinguished.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Plan recurring appointments in a table in calendar of Outlook 2016

By planning a recurring appointment you cannot check whether or not the participants and resources are available on all dates.
    E.g. you plan 10 meetings and book a room. If the room is only available on 9 dates, the resources declines the complete series instead of only declining the one date. Same for participants. They can only accept all or decline all.
    By using a table view, I can already check while planning if the participants and resources are free at all dates. For those dates someone or a resource is not available, this particular date can be changed or…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please bring back the trashcans (delete) back into a solid red X! It was so much easier to discern.

In the 'Deleted' folder, turn one of the trashcan back to a solid red 'X'.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Button for out of office

Please provide a button for setting out of office. easy one click "enter your message here" I always struggle to find and set an out of office reply. shouldnt be this hard.

807 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide feature to add recurring meetings with manual multiple dates selection

It's very tedious to book the time slots in blocks of six months when the meetings aren't set in any pattern like once every week, monthly etc. I need to create separate calendar entries in such cases. Please provide a feature where I choose multiple dates as per my convenience on calendar and simply add them to a list. Lotus Notes offers a similar feature.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to put a note on a specific mail

In the follow up a possibility to put a note, reminder or a result of a conversation

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base