OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Check availability for individual instances of a recurring meeting to make (re)scheduling easier

When scheduling a recurring meeting, I'd like a way to quickly jump to the next 'scheduled' date/time to see if people are generally open. For example, I have a recurring monthly meeting that I am looking to reschedule. When I open the series and have the scheduling assistant view active, I can see everyone's calendar. After I change the time under the recurring meeting option, I would like to scan ahead to see how that fits with everyone's schedule. Instead, I have to scroll through each day until I get to the next month's day. Would like an option to…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert or create tasks to appointment easily.

Microsoft should make it easy to convert/create a task to an appointment to make it easy to schedule a time period on a calendar for task implementation.

It will be nice to look through your tasks and then schedule your day based on those tasks and have them nicely shown on your calendar.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When viewing calendars in Overlay Mode, show entries that are the same on multiple calendars as one entry instead of side-by-side

When viewing calendars in Overlay mode, all entries are slways shown side-by-side. This is not optimal for entries that are the same in multiple calendars because the same Information is displayed multiple times and is truncated.

Example 1: I have two accounts, one from my employer and one from our client. I need to maintain both calendars, so on all appointments I'm invited with both accounts.

Example 2: I need to coordinate meetings with other people. Many meetings are with these people anyway. With five or ten meetings displayed side-by-side I can't see any detailed Information about these meetings and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and don't want to lose the history on the Calendar.

1,139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

139 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Introduce a contact manager in Outlook 2016

There should be a contact manager in Outlook.

Features to include...

1. Detect duplicate addresses
    2. Graphically display a contact and where it's data come from
    3. Consolidate contacts
    4. Full drag&dropp support of EVERYTHING even when multi selecting
    5. Be aware of all my devices and which contacts those devices have
    6. Be aware of all sources for contacts from any system, application, program, server from Microsoft (example: Skype, Skype for business, AD, Exchange, Windows, Outlook, SharePoint, One Drive, Personal Address Book-PAB in outlook, Dynamics and so on)
    7. Possibility to set the owner/authority on a field by field…

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. go back to the old calendar style for saving and event - the new autosave just doesnt feel right

Go back to the older version scheduling function where the save button would appear and close out an event

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow removal of contact or email from suggested contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Allow removal of contact or email from suggested contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BRING BACK CATEGORIES OPTION to 365 Update

After the recent 365 Update, it seems the Categories Option (with different colors) is not available for Calendar Events/meetings. Please bring it back!!!! Right away!!!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Highligth each months in different colors to seperate months in Outlook 2016

It would be great if separate months are highlighted in different colors, so that the months could be easily distinguished.

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow to configure preferences for Report Message Add-In

The Report Message Add-In can be deployed centrally but there should be a method to control the settings/preferences in it centrally. For example, set the default option for reporting preference (e.g. always send, never send, ask every time). This should be configurable somewhere (e.g. registry key, GPO, Centralized Deployment manager, Exchange Online policy, etc. The default to ask every time is not the setting we want for our organization, but there is no way currently to reconfigure the default. Please reconsider this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide Calendar categories in Outlook App on Android

I need on my Smartphone the same Categories like on desktop computer. The Categories should be synchronized on the Smartphone as well.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Button for out of office

Please provide a button for setting out of office. easy one click "enter your message here" I always struggle to find and set an out of office reply. shouldnt be this hard.

790 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a feature or revert the icon color to old one or provide different color icons for Office applications

Sorry to say but don't like the new icons especially the fact that Word and Outlook are both in blue shades they look to much the same when sitting side by side on the Taskbar - which if your background is also blue they just really don't stand out that well. Really they need to be at the least different colours for each Office Icon in order to stand out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide an option or feature to color code different email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option or feature to color code different email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016. In WIndows Live, we use to be able to color code the different email accounts we had on the desktop version. I want the same ability for the outlook desktop version.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Could not edit the subject at the mailbox

Could not edit the subject line of the email in mailbox.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve visibility of unread mails when black background is used

When using the black background in Outlook, unread mails show with black font for the email sender and title. This makes it difficult to read as it is against a very dark grey background. Suggest changing the text color to blue or white with the typical bold.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

Please add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide a feature or option not to display "Message Resend and Recall" for receivers in Outlook

Provide a feature or option that enables customers not to display "Message Resend and Recall" for receivers.
    Due to this function, customers are unable to track message logs by Start-HistoricalSearch or Get-MessageTrace.
    On top of that, it makes no sense to let a receiver have an capability to resend a message. We assume that "Message Resend and Recall" was originally implemented for Send Message. The purpose of the function, Resend Message", is to give an original sender an capability to send it again, rather than to give a receiver the capability.
    More importantly, we found it impossible to output the…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide a feature or an ability to hide Search Bar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or make it collapsible to save landscape space.

Add in the ability to hide the search bar that appears at the top of the mail, calendar and contacts sections or make it collapsible to save landscape space.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base