OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More color options like the online version has

Would like to see more color options for themes like the online version has. The limited options all look kind of bleak and don't give room for a personal touch.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a feature or an ability to hide Search Bar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or make it collapsible to save landscape space.

Add in the ability to hide the search bar that appears at the top of the mail, calendar and contacts sections or make it collapsible to save landscape space.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a pop-up reminder for users who create a meeting with WebEx as the location but do not have a WebEx invite attached.

Provide a pop-up reminder for users who create a meeting invite with WebEx as the location but do not have a WebEx meeting attached when they attempt to send the meeting invite (similar to the pop-up reminder for users who have 'attach' in the message but no file attached)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Final Recurring Event Confirmation/Extension Prompt

On the final day of a recurring event (for example, a daily reminder to perform a backup), it would be nice to be prompted at the scheduled time for Calendar to say something like "This is your final recurring event. Do you want to extend this recurrence?"

I have had situations where I have set recurring events for a certain time period, and then forgotten all about them because I was no longer prompted after the expiration period had completed - if that makes sense?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to specify their pronouns.

Add an official way for users to specify their preferred pronouns - he/him, they/them, etc. Ideally this would be easily changeable, and not require people picking options from a list.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically decline invites without automatically accepting invites

Automatically decline invites which are in conflict with another meeting without automatically accepting invites

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide meeting-finder feature for a bunch of availability request (aka doodle-feature ;)

Please implement a feature to send participants a choice of different appointment availability time frames. So far external tools like Doodle are needed. Why not implement directly a smart solution into Outlook?

Offer the requesting user, to choose different dates and times, to add them up into one request to participants. (similiar to your series function already, just to choose a bunch of flexibel dates instead of just serial behavior)

the participants then should get all requested dates into their calendars (shown like non answered- dates yet) - when opening the request (no matter which of the single ones), offer…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Under "Quicksteps", add the the following possible actions to the list: "Block Sender", "Block Sender's Domain" and "Report Phishing".

Under "Quicksteps", add the the following possible actions to the list: "Block Sender", "Block Sender's Domain" and "Report Phishing".

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatically Sync Outlook Address Book with Windows 10 People App.

Any contact entry added to the Windows 10 People app should be automatically sync with an Outlook 365 address book and vice versa.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create an e-mail Out of Office Reply option when creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar.

When creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar you should be able to create an auto reply (out of Office) associated with that calendar event. That way if you have multiple periods that you will be out of the office you can have it set up without having to remember just prior to the appointment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why did the Instant Search Bar dissapeared?

Since the last update I can't find how to view the Instant Search again.
    Before it was on top of the folder email's list but now it's not, and I can't find a way to reactivate it.
    (I had to include it in my direct access in the window title bar)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "start zoom meeting" button available in a calendar item

"start zoom meeting" button available in a calendar item

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. turn off highlighting for flagged emails

TURN OFF HIGHLIGHTED FLAGGED EMAILS

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unify To-Do List items and Tasks

I think many of us business users get our work actions from e-mails, and it is quite easy and efficient to flag an e-mail for follow up.
    However, flagging e-mails in this fashion doesn't actually turn them into Tasks, but merely a To-Do List item with limited functionality. For example, To-Do List items cannot be assigned to someone else, which is highly inconvenient if you want to pass on some work to a colleague. You also cannot keep track of work assigned to someone else, even if they have shared their Task list, because To-Do items don't appear there.
    On…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blocked Senders

It would be good, very good, that if I have several email accounts: Account 1, Account 2, Account 3, etc.

If, for example, in Account 1, I add an email address to "Blocked Senders", Outlook also gives me the option of adding that email address to the "Blocked Senders" in the others accounts.

The same for the "Safe Post."

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

Calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to a Thursday) will be lost. Also, if I need to change…

392 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Setting to make meetings Teams meetings by default

Teams meetings are more inclusive, but we sometimes forget to add Teams to the meeting until it's too late. Would love to be able to set my meetings to be Teams meetings by default and just have a "delete Teams meeting" option.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto complete using full contact list instead of just "recent contacts"

When I'm writing an email, I would like to be able to type an email from my contacts into the "to" bar and have outlook autocomplete the email without me having to go to the contacts menu.

702 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be great to be able to rename attachments when forwarding emails.

Sometimes you need to rename attachments and the only way is to sabe it to PC and then attach again.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base