OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop birthday notifications

The default seems to be to include birthday notifications which pop up annoyingly for people I barely know. But it seems vary difficult too turn them off. I have tried to disable them through Outlook and Outlook.com but they still appear. I have never knowingly input birthdates apart from family so I have no idea where they have come from.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alerts when potentially breaking rules by adding Distribution Lists to BCC

Adding Distribution Lists in BCC breaks everyone’s Microsoft Outlook rules and all those emails spam the Inbox in Business or Corporate environment. It gets even worse, when someone is soliciting for personal sales, events by adding distribution groups/lists of their choice to BCC. BCC itself is a great feature for specific scenarios but there are also scenarios where it can be abused. It would be nice if Microsoft Outlook 2016 can be designed to alert the user(s) that they are going to potentially break everyone’s inbox rules if any Distribution Lists\Groups are added intentionally or accidentally to BCC. This will…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide users an option of custom grouping of emails by Received and Sent Dates in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Please provide users an option of custom grouping of emails by Received and Sent Dates in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option to follow up with appointment or meeting with date range in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to follow up with appointment or meeting with date range. when using the calendar to track calls, meetings, etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to display the number of recipients in any outgoing email in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to display the number of recipients in any outgoing email in Microsoft Outlook 2016
    An option to show the number of recipients (including To, CC and BCC) in any outgoing email in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be beneficial in keeping the number of recipients within the permissible limits.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to Record audio file from message ribbon in Microsoft Outlook 2016 message

You can record audio in OneNote. It would be great if an option is there to record your message and send it as an email. Additionally, the ability to record responses to emails received can be beneficial as well.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Print PDF without downloading or opening

Perhaps right clicking on a PDF file to print instead of downloading or opening. Would save a LOT of time.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an option of reverting back in case you import duplicate data in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of reverting back in case you import duplicate data in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 avoiding everything getting messed up.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to repair Microsoft Outlook 2016 by right clicking the Outlook icon in the toolbar.

Enable the option to Repair Outlook 2016 feature by right clicking the Outlook Icon in the Toolbar. That way when the program wont load and you keep getting the processing message for quite a long time, you can just right click the icon and outlook will diagnose and repair itself.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option of Open in Right Click Menu in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Right Click menu should include "Open" like it does for recurring appointments. Also an option to include Hyperlinks would be an added benefit.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prior state hold/setting hold

I would love if when I close Outlook it would preserve where I left off like that of Edge. In Edge it remembers what pages/tabs I had open previous and returns me to the same point when I re-open the app. Often in Outlook I will open multiple email messages as a way to remind me that day that I need to respond. If my devices battery dies or I close Outlook I can't remember which emails I had open.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option of displaying "Scheduled" Status or Customized status of an Event/Item/Task in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option of displaying a "Scheduled" Status in the Status Field of an Event/Item in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be beneficial.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to Select a default view in tasks in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Allow user to select a specific task view as default when opening tasks in Outlook 2016. Currently the default appears to be "To-do".

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accept invitations to any calendar without notifying others in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to accept invitations to any calendar without notifying others in Microsoft Outlook 2016 .

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide an option to display the Quick Access Toolbar even when the Auto Hide option is selected for the Ribbon in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide an option to display the Quick Access Toolbar even when the Auto Hide option is selected for the Ribbon in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as it would provide easy access to Quick Access Toolbar and can be customized for enhanced functionality.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use the native service authentication (like the Mobile version)

Most of my mail accounts (Outlook.com and GMail) have two factor authentication set up. It's really annoying to add them to Outlook 2016. I have to generate a app password on each of the accounts, and use them to log in.

Your mobile apps (iOS and Android) use the "native" service authentication (redirect me to the site, I log in, authorize the app and I'm good to go). I find it a much better way to log in, since I don't need to go to another site and generate a password. All I need is my phone.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tasks, add a field project

Create a field project, with a pop-up menu with projects to select.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow a message to be flagged when composing a reply or forwarding a message in the preview pane.

Currently when you reply to or forward a message, if you compose it in the preview pane, the follow-up flag button is missing, you have to pop out the message in order to flag it. Please add the flag button to the options available for a message being composed in the preview pane.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Preserve reminders moving appointments already expired

When an item on the calendar is moved to a new time, after the original time has passed, it does not automatically carry the reminder with it. This is so stone age. For example: I have an event for June 3rd at 9.00 AM with a 15 minutes reminder. I am unable to get it done so at 10 a.m. I move it to June 6th at 2 p.m. The reminder should automatically be applied. In other words, reminders should not expire. They should be a characteristic of the event which stays there until removed by user. Please refer to…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Pinnable locations to the "recent" documents attachments Menu

The new attachments menu in Outlook 2016 is one of the best bits of the product, not only saving me loads of time by adding files I was last working on, but also making it easy to send links instead of files.

For me the only thing it's lacking is some pins so that I can go and grab attachments from pinned locations (Just like the say the Open Document pane works on Word/Excel/PowerPoint

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base