OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to provide the Categorize email items similar to the one in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2016 in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Windows

Option to provide the Categorize email items similar to the one in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2016 in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Windows for better user experience of the feature.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not automatically assign categories to thread

Currently, when I tag a message with a category, every message on the thread thereafter will also be tagged with the category, thus polluting my categories with noise. I use categories to indicate the state or action items of particular messages. Automatically propagating the categories to future messages completely defeats my purpose. Please return to the previous functionality in which tagging a message only tags that one message and no more.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to Autostart Microsoft Outlook 2016 with WIndows

Adding an Option to Auto-start Microsoft Outlook 2016 with Windows would be beneficial.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide 2 keys to mark as read(control+q) or mark as unread (control+U) in Outlook 2016

It will be useful if instead of using 2 keys to mark as read(control+q) or mark as unread (control+U) which can use only one key as a switch. Also provide a “read / unread” button in the ribbon in the “delete” block of the “home” tab as in previous versions

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add strikethrough, subscript, superscript to main ribbon and QAT

currently these features are only available when you "pop out" an email. you should be able to add them to the Main Ribbon and QAT for use when replying and forwarding from the preview pane.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to set default format to HTML in Calendar for Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to set default format to HTML in Calendar for Microsoft Outlook 2016 to enable additional functions for editing, including Links etc.
    Or please add an option to the Settings of Outlook 2016 to enable users to select a default format for Calendar items that is different from the default selected for E-mail messages.
    At present time, format selected in Settings applies to text used in both Calendar events and E-mail messages.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. cover sheet for attachments

Nowadays you have multiple attachments to emails. Can we have an option to print a cover sheet for each attachment with the email header eg from to subject attachment name 1 of 17 attachments. This will allow you to put the attachments in order and make sure that for whatever reason the attachments are not missed. This is particularly true where an outlook item is the attachment you need to identify it as the attachment and print the attachments to the embedded email item. This is probably a very simple matter of coding but absolutely ESSENTIAL with the growth in…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide a feature to re order Fields or Properties Added to Search View in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to re order Fields or Properties Added to Search View in Microsoft Outlook 2016

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option for Outlook 2016 like 'Add Availability' of Android App

Need to match the functionality of the Android app where you can add Availability to an email and the recipient can pick a time.

Example:
    Here are some times that work for me:

Thursday, July 28

03:00 - 03:30 (CDT)
    05:00 - 05:30 (CDT)
    06:30 - 07:00 (CDT)

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Easier selection of meeting locations

When setting up a meeting, list the offices of the meeting participants in the "Location" dropdown. If I am meeting with one or two other people, it is very likely we will meet in one of their offices. You have office info in the address book ... if they were presented in the Location dropdown, it would be only two clicks to set the location.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make images in RSS fit the window in Outlook 2016

For RSS feeds, make the images in the article that are larger than the window fit.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide Groups in Outlook

It would be nice to hide or remove the "Groups" on the left Tree in Outlook. And to also hide the Groups in the Address Book.

Note: We use Office 365 with AD Sync. We also use PowerBI Groups which created a whole load of groups. We don't want to see PowerBI groups in Outlook!!!

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Digital Signing and Encryption

Nobody major has ever taken the lead on digital signing and (optionally) encryption of email. Microsoft should start by adding the necessary features to Outlook to make it easy to do once a person has a signing/encryption certificate, but don't overly promote those features at the start. Then (optionally) provide digital signing/encryption certificates as part of Office subscriptions once Outlook is already ready to make them easy to use. Provision of buttons to Encrypt and sign in Creation Tool Ribbon would be an added benefit.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an option to Enable and Disable Email Accounts rather than removing or deleting them in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to Enable and Disable Email Accounts rather than removing or deleting them in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid data loss and easy management of email accounts.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a "Never Clutter" option

I would like an option when removing an item from clutter to say "NEVER mark this item as clutter"

Clutter works well for me most of the time. There are a ton of automated messages that I receive that aren't junk, but don't need to be in my inbox either. As a feature, I like the "clutter" idea.

Unfortunately, I also receive a few different reports each day that I only need to review periodically. I want these reports in my inbox each morning even though I will most likely delete them right away. If I need to review or…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide an option to freely change or Drag and Drop events or tasks in a Calendar or prioritizing calendar entries in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Please provide an ability to drag up and down assignments in one day to indicate importance or priority as well as an option to remove holidays from the calendar in case someone accidentally added one calendar twice in Microsoft Outlook 2016

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide an option to show the count of selected messages in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to provide number of email messages on the Microsoft Outlook 2016 status bar at the bottom in addition to the total number of messages in the folder.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Advanced view of Calendars when printing from Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to see mini calendar of previous month and next month along with the Calendar of Current Month when printing month view of calendar for bulletin board in Microsoft Outlook 2016

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. @-Mention formatting

Love the new @-mentions idea.

For better visual discovery on the recipient end, how about a formatting option to configure how @-mentions directed at me will appear in my reader? Maybe when I'm mentioned, I'd like to see my name in style font point size+5, lime green, bold, so that it stands out in my reader.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In status bar, when filter is applied specify number of visible items

We can find number of elements (in a folder, in a calendar or task view) except when a filter is applied. Idea would be to show something like "Filter applied (x out of y)" if there are y elements in folder out of which filter lets x elements be shown

Also, When you are selecting emails, I would like to know or have in the status bar, the number of emails that I am selecting like we have when using excel, you start selecting rows and in the status bar, you can see how many rows you are selecting

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base