OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rule identification from clustered mail movement

When a user is moving set of emails from their Inbox into one of the PST folders or any other folder, the Rule engine should automatically pick up the commonality between those emails and suggest a 1-click-Rule to the user for future usage. This will essentially cut down a lot of time configuring rules and instead the system start becoming smarter and auto suggests rules to be approved by users.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an option to enable Windows Hello to control e-mails to be read and sent in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for enhanced security.

Provide an option to enable Windows Hello to control e-mails to be read and sent in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for enhanced security. It would prevent unauthorized individuals to read and/or send e-mails from an Outlook account and would be more secure.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A clearer way to create auto-response in Outlook 2016

Why do we have to pass through this over-super-complex process of creating a rule, pick specific cases and import a pre-made e-mail with not much of tutorial nor explanation in order to simply make an automatic response for when you go on holiday ?

You should just create a tab or a sub tab but at least something very visible and easily reachable to create and edit automatic emails of response.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Button for Search Refresh

After I define a search for my Inbox (which includes only unread items and returns over 200 emails) I begin handling those emails. As I complete each email, the email message is now "read". However, it stays in the search results. From time to time, I would like to be able to hit a Search Reload/Refresh button to eliminate the now read emails from the results window. The only time that an email message seems to auto-eliminate itself from the results list is when I right-click and select Mark as Read. However, the emails that I am searching for contain…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Service Pack?

Create a service pack for the 65 plus updates needed to update office on the desktop. You install office but can't use Outlook until the updates are applied. If you're using WSUS could be hours before they are applied. Not very good IMO, especially in a business environment where people are dependent on Outlook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Moderated Distribution Group Exceptions

Moderated Distribution groups give users a "mail tip" to let them know how thier messages delivery may be impacted. Users who are not allowed to send to the group get a tip that says they are not allowed. Users whos mail will be moderated are told that this will occur. Prior to Exchange 2016, this worked flawlessly for us.

But we have nested groups that are allowed to bypass moderation, and on Exchange 2016, this breaks the tool tips. Is this ever going to be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to dock or pin expanded menus into email pane in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to dock or pin expanded menus into email pane in Microsoft Outlook 2016 such as "basic test" to the right side of an email draft. Word and Excel do this. The Outlook experience is such that we have to go to the menu bar and click the expand menu button each time I want to do advanced text formatting. We would like to be able to leave it open or float it to the side until we close/send the email.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide a feature to create a list of prework items and share it before the meeting in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to create a list of prework items and share it before the meeting in Microsoft Outlook 2016 that needs to be completed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a feature to track unread emails and unattended events in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to ensure they are catered to.

Provide a feature to track unread emails and unattended events in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to ensure they are catered to. It could be similar to generating a unique number(some kind of ticket) to ensure when anyone clicks on or accesses the email, it can be tracked using the unique number to someone respond to the email. It would also help in getting all the unwanted emails tackled and dealt accordingly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Warn on apparent intent to change recipient list but recipient list not changed

Outlook added a useful feature a while ago that warns the user when Outlook detects that the user might have intended to attach a file but failed to do so.

Could a similar feature be added when the sender appears to intend to add (or remove) recipients but the recipient list hasn’t been changed? This happens A LOT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide an option to make the Save button change color to notify the action has been performed in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make the Save button change color to notify the action has been performed in Microsoft Outlook 2016. After saving a draft mail, the saved button on the top left is not grayed out. I think it is a good idea for the save button to grayed out and indicate it was saved successfully. And when I change the content of the mail, then it should light up again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide the option to add sounds in Office 365

for office 365 and 2016. while the old sounds add in works with a workaround this should be part on the new office 365 and windows 10 build updates.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show the login window on top of the Microsoft Outlook 2016 enabling emails to be hidden for security.

Show the login window on top of the Microsoft Outlook 2016 enabling emails to be hidden for security. Once the user has entered and validated the credentials, the emails should be revealed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make it possible to include screenshots and images in Outlook support tickets

I recently submitted an Outlook support ticket for which I would have liked to have submitted a screenshot along with the ticket.

The Outlook support ticket mechanism does not appear to make it possible to include images at all in support tickets.

Can we please add this feature? Or else just piggyback upon the existing smile/frown system already used by the rest of O365 which makes it easy to add images and screenshots?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Check that the date in the email actually exists.

Many times people put the day of the week and the date together in their email but they get them wrong. For example, Thursday, the 30th of June doesn't exist in either 2017 or 2018. Could you pop a window that the date entered doesn't make sense. Or maybe even tell the user that the next June 30 on a Thursday is 2021 and it would be helpful to add the year on your email for clarity sake :-)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow more flexible choices for cache mode sync slider age limit

What I'd really like for cache mode sync slider is to either keep everything, or to keep 15 months. What is good about 15 months is that I often find myself looking back to mails I sent about a year ago for events, business processes or systems that are approximately annual. So 12 months is too little (because stuff ages out too soon), but 24 months is overkill.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Easier people search in draft emails

Sometimes you are looking for a persons name (e.g. exact spelling) for an email. Most people use the to or cc line to autocomplete but that has the problem that it does not match the intent and sometimes the email gets accidentally sent to them as well. There should be something analogous to @name that lets you refer to the person without adding them to the to line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a setting of "Not from sender" when creating rules in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a setting of "Not from sender" when creating rules in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as it would enable us to handle emails from spammers/unwanted email addresses more effectively and we can filter phishing senders.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide an option to disable "you don't often get emails from ..." in Outlook 2016

Provide an option to disable "you don't often get emails from ..." in Outlook 2016

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a feature to automatically disable email preview pop up when screen sharing is on in Microsoft Outlook 2016

There are several occasions where there are email notifications and a preview pop-up appears from the screen of the organizer. There are instances where these emails are confidential and should not be seen by the audience is calls/meetings. I was hoping for outlook functionality to automatically disable notification previews while Skype (for business) screensharing is on.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base