OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email count by group heading

I would like to see how many emails are in the groupings I select. For example, number of emails by Date grouping (today, yesterday...); or number of emails by sender in From grouping; or number of emails by Subject grouping.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rule Option for Email Volume in Outlook 2016

A rule/message alert would be nice for when you get a certain number of emails a day that automatically get sorted into folders. For example:

• When a folder receives a certain number of emails in a day by rule.

• When a folder gets past a certain number of emails total.

• When someone sends you a certain number of emails a day.

• When a rule gets triggered a certain number of times in a day/week.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom signatures not using selected font color in email body

This is more of an issue instead of feature feedback, but ever since upgrading Office 2016 from 2013, my users have an issue. We setup separate signatures "New" and "Reply-Forward" emails that have different font colors. So even though our "Reply" signature has the font to a specific color, as soon as you start typing in the body of the email, the color is the default black and not what the actual signature color is.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Could photos attached to an email appear as thumbnail versions of themselves and Option to increase thumbnail size

I cannot easily identify any particular photo when each appears on the email as a 'cloud' icon along with its identity no. Would it not be easier to see each as a thumbnail of itself?

Also,there should be an option to increase thumbnail size in Outlook please. I use outlook to review security snapshots and a larger image without the need to click on each attachment would be very useful.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Changing and Managing Conversation message Titles

If I change the subject of an e-mail, it doesn't properly update the subject in the conversation list. If I instead select group "By subject", the subject is appropriately shown.

Perhaps you could make the display by subject similar to the conversation display so that e-mail with like subjects in other folders will show up in the group, and perhaps you could have an option to sort by date and subject like the way conversations are displayed.

Or provide more general flexibility to change the name of a conversation and have future e-mail become part of a conversation as people…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an option to show Mail tips in English(UK) in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to show Mail tips in English(UK) in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather then only being shown in English(USA)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to make attachments respond to the keyboard the way they have forever

Working with the keyboard and attachments is not up to the mark in Microsoft Outlook 2016. For heavy email users this requires extra efforts and need to be simplified. Provide an option to handle attachments with Keyboard.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Groups conversation inline thread reply layout

It would be so much better if the Office 365 group conversation layout were that of a thread with inline replies, for example, I sometimes want to insert a reply right under an other colleagues message, and not at the very bottom of the conversation.

That would make things much more helpful!

The Reply button should perform this function as at the moment it is misleading one into thinking that it will reply to the conversation thread when in fact it just replies to the user himself.

I had a rather embarrassing situation at work today because of this as…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide the capability to Print Tasks within Outlook Today in Microsoft Outlook 2016

When trying to print my Outlook Today from Outlook 2016, the right-side printing margin is too large which results in the "tasks" being cut off on the right side. Therefore, it would be great to print the whole page including tasks too.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to add 'Archive' Button to Menu on the Right Side (in Touch Mode)

In Microsoft Outlook 2016 on Microsoft Surface in Touch Mode, when we are looking at emails, we have menu with buttons along the right hand side of the screen (Delete, Reply, Flag, etc.). We have the tendency to touch those icons when we are reading emails, as our hand generally hovers around that right side, so it would be really helpful if the archive button can be added to that specific quick menu. Ideally, it would be great if we could edit which buttons are there and which aren't.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Special icon for Archive folder in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to make the icon for the designated Archive folder match the icon of the Archive button in the ribbon

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the issue PLEASE of when you select more than one Contact and click email to multiple, it picks up the email addresses in Email2 and 3.

Please fix the issue of the fact that when you select more than one contact, and then click email, it is NOT including the email addresses in Email2 and Email3. It worked in every other version, but not in the 2016. Desperately need that function to work properly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to Compare appointments in Calendar to rule out any conflicts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an Option to Compare appointments in Calendar to rule out any conflicts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Message Preview missing from search results

When I type any text into the search box of my inbox, all Message Preview text disappears. Turning on Message Preview in the ribbon or changing the number of preview lines does nothing.

I normally work with the preview pane turned off so I normally rely on Message Preview to help determine which is the correct message to open. With no Message Preview when searching, now I have to open each possible message. Slow!

Please bring back the ability to show Message Preview in Search Results, at least if the Preview Pane is off!

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to add Skype for Business meeting details to the bottom of the message.

When adding Skype for Business to a meeting via the add-in, the Skype details are added to the top of the message by default. Therefore provide an option to copy/paste the meeting details to the bottom of the message.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Touch mode email action buttons

I like the increased whitespace of the 'touch mode' even when I'm not on a touch computer. There is one annoying UI change in Outlook that happens when you go into touch mode. It moves the email action buttons (reply, delete, etc) to the right side in a vertical bar and removes any text labels.It would be great if the icons stayed where they are in the normal mode but are larger and have more whitespace. Much like the changes that happen on the ribbon.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to set the default country region when creating a new contact in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Option to set the default country region when creating a new contact in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Also, when entering an international phone number, in the Phone Details box of a Contact, the drop down for the country code was eliminated in Outlook 2013 and 2016. This was a very useful feature. I now must look up the country code outside of Outlook. Please return this feature.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide an option of Pencil in a meeting to depict holding a time slot rather than confirmed in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of Pencil in a meeting to depict holding a time slot rather than confirmed time to hold meeting in Microsoft Outlook 2016

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. One Click to see all my Office 365 Groups

One Click Navigation to all my Groups
    I've started to use Office 365 Groups but its a little frustrating that I have to navigate down the left navigation to find my groups, then click on more to get to the one I want. Please create a landing page for all my groups that I can add to my favorites and then click to see all the of them

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base