OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change default settings of deletion of meetings requests from Enabled to Disabled

Change default settings of deletion of meetings requests from Enabled to Disabled. I want to know where the meeting is quickly through my inbox instead of clicking on my calendar etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Analyzing and Rating emails by its Contents in Outlook 2016

Windows Live Mail gave you a way of examining message contents without "opening" the item. In the folder's contents list, select the item, right-click and choose "properties", select the "Details" tab, and click "Message Source" button.
    I can see link true targets, attachment file types, and other suspicious content.
    I have done this for years and caught many potential attacks that my anti-virus hadn't filtered.
    Please add this capability.

Also, Create a rating / voting system (function) for emails that improves the quality of content.

The recipient ‘rates’ the sender’s email along a selection of value measures such as:
    -…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. show the name of the person behind a recived email instead of showing the date and hour for the time of reciving the email

when you get a lot of emails every day it is very helpfull to be able to sort them quickly by looking at the name of the sender. It is not helpfull to only see the date and hour for recieving the email as you do with outlook 16 then you have to open every single email before deleting it

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make a draft easily retrievable

If I switch to look for some related info I lose the draft, and have to do a search of all mailboxes to find it - and it's still unclear as to where it's been stored.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Focused Inbox in Outlook is Broken for User Profiles with Multiple Exchange Accounts

Can we go back to Outlook 2016's treatment of Focused Inbox settings pre-Build 1709 (#8528.2147 Click-to-Run), please?

For an Outlook 2016 User Profile with multiple Exchange Accounts, the View > Show Focused Inbox setting only appears on the "Default" Exchange Account. For the non-Default Inboxes of the other Exchange Accounts, Outlook forces a "Focused" Inbox display.

This was working fine prior to build 1709, but seems to have broken!

I use Outlook 2016 with 3 Exchange Accounts in 1 User Profile, and I noticed this after doing an Office Update to build 1709 (#8528.2147 Click-to-Run).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the update for Windows 10 (I updated on Nov,29th 2017) the outlook and power point work correctly. I think it would be a good idea. For

For instance: Power point: inserting slides from another file (Keep source formatting does not have an impact whatsoever ). Making an Email to a Task renders the Email unaccesible by saying " You do not have access". I ha ve never changed any access rights on my PC nor anybody else. Please make the basics work before you do anything new! How about that as an idea!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search should actually search rather than just display "trouble fetching results from server"

Search rarely works on my laptop on corporate network. I'm domain joined.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back the horizontal split window bar

In previous versions of Outlook (I believe it was still there in 2010), when composing an email, there was a little line above the vertical scroll bar that you could drag down to activate the split window feature. This would divide your editing area into a top and bottom section and allow you to compose in the top half while you view further down the email in the bottom section. Incidentally, this feature is still available in Word, although it was removed from the top of the vertical scroll bar and relegated to a button on the View toolbar of…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Include "Shared with Me" under browse web locations

In Outlook with Office 365, there are options to share links to files saved in OneDrive or SharePoint. However, if someone has shared a file with you from their own OneDrive, there is no option to send the link back to them even if you have permission to the file. By adding "Shared with Me" as a location to search, we would have the ability to share OneDrive file links directly through Outlook for interoffice collaboration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A atualização feita acabou com o recurso de digitar a primeira letra do nome dos grupos criados no outlook automaticamente.

A atualização feita acabou com o recurso de digitar a primeira letra do nome dos grupos criados no outlook automaticamente.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How about a new FYI calendar event.

I would like to notify my team, and certain coworkers, about an upcoming event (out of office), with out a response request or even acceptance. Just want them to know ahead of time I will be out or away from the office. I would like it to show on their calendar so they can see it on the day. Give them THE choice to be notified or not.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Holiday mode with redirect to a companion in the office

put a function where we can put our mail on standby while we are out of office and we can put a partner for it to receive the emails

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide ability to define Appointment keywords and include as a search option

With many different types of appointments (Committees, sub-committees, work related, personal, etc) I find the color categories make my calendar view messy and distracting. It's also confusing when there's more than 1 category assigned - only 1 color displays on my calendar's week view. I think being able to assign keywords to calendar appointments and being able either click a keywords folder or search to find all related keyword appointments would be extremely helpful. The user would need to be able to assign keywords defined just in their Outlook view including being able to add keyword(s) to meetings they have…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How about you have the signature line automatically appear

When using this new stupid "Share" option on excel, I have to click on how I want to share the information. When I select attachment, it does attach the file to an email, however now I have to insert my signature each time. To the developers... "If it's not broke, don't fix it" seriously....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. send a reminder for tomorrow at the end of day

help people plan for the next day and if necessary do any prep

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. fix outlook freeze bug when multiple profiles are active

Outlook freezes when you have more than one profile active on your computer and a second user opens outlook, the client freezes when you switch back to the first profile.

This bug has been active for over a year. A common scenario with multiple users using the same computer, and a shame that a great program like outlook is broken like this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base