OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contact ONLY Individuals who have not replied to a meeting request

You should be able to (under tracking) easily email or reach out to those who have not responded to an outlook invite to a meeting request. The only way I see it can be done now, is to hand extract those individuals and resend a new meeting request.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Start appointments and meetings delayed

Since Januar 2019 we have the calendar options to end an appointment early. It would be nice to also delay the start time by e.g. 5 minutes.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please highlight the day of the week in the calendar

I would like the day of the week to be highlighted across the column. I would also like the hour to have an indicator line going across this hour through the days of the week.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to change the font, its size and choice of style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of email

Allow us to change the font, its size, and style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of an email. I have checked online and lots of people have this problem, no fix has been suggested. July 24, 2018

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need a spelling and grammar check in the toolbar

need a spelling and grammar check in the toolbar

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please put the category aspect back so you can color code the calendar

please put the category aspect back so you can color code the calendar

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a feature or option to assign colors to Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

This is not for the "categories" for color-coding each entry... those haven't really changed, and although I would love more color options, it works. BUT, I'm really sad that the new "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" Outlook calendar color options have been severely reduced and honestly folks, these colors are sad. Get rid of pink. Forever. Or make it the 30th choice. So hard to look at. We need more than 9 options... I regularly have far more than 9 calendars open and need to be able to quickly differentiate. It is nice that you can now dedicate a specific…

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Move mail to folder- Search option for folder name

I have hundreds of nested folders for Emails. It is very tedious to find a particular folder every time I need to move an email into one that is not in the favorites bar (Dozens of times a day)

If there was an simple option that said 'Move to folder' and you can search for that folder by name that would be amazing. It should be possible to move conversations or multiple selected mails to the folder.

An additional improvement could be an AI algorithm that predicts which folder you would likely want to move an conversation/mail to based on…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix default font so that no part of the message reverts to Calibri

Outlook allows you set a default font and choose your own font for your signature, but no matter what you do, there will always be at least 1 blank line below your signature (in new messages and replies) where the font reverts back to Calibri. This means if you remove your signature, then start typing, you are not in your default font and must manually change it.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep all meeting invites even if declined.

Set the option to keep all meeting invites in inbox regardless of the action taken; even if declined.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spell check in automatic replies

Please include spell checking function when authoring your automatic replies (out of office). There is currently no spell check running there.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. change folders color - change table rows color

I'd like to identify the folders by color and do the same for incoming mail in table view. Also would be great to change rows color in table view.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically Sync Outlook Address Book with Windows 10 People App.

Any contact entry added to the Windows 10 People app should be automatically sync with an Outlook 365 address book and vice versa.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Outlook should remember its windows sizes and positions

When I open a new Windows inside Outlook for e.g. the Calendar or Tasks, pick a position for it and resize it according to my needs, it should be saved, so once those windows are closed and then reopened, I don't need to do this again.

An older Office Version had this feature, but it seems to have been removed.

Some details on this can be found here, please read the last statement from Jennifer from Microsoft.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_o365b/outlook-2016-open-in-new-window-doesnt-remember/62ef3d99-aeaa-4575-b033-fdee697421ff

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reduce padding in messages list to fit more messages

Reduce padding (or add option to configure) in message list to fit more messages.

The setting could be a similar like Word has to switch between Touch/Mouse mode, but would be better if it had manual control how many pixels a user wants. This could be under View Settings > Advanced View Settings > Other Settings, for example.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The ribbion tool bar

The ribbon tool bar is too large and taking up too much of my screen. Also the icons on the ribbon bar are too large. The colour range does not have enough choice. The older ribbon bar was much better on office 2010 and has gone south in my opinion. I hate the new ribbon bar and the feel of the system. The system is not an improvement over office 2010

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There's possibly now too much empty space in the email window

It'd be great to reduce the new size of the "from", "to" and "CC/BCC" columns in both the Popped Out New Email window and the inset 'reply' window. There's a lot of "dead-air" above the line where one writes the email

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow you to change the background color of appointments in the calendar

Allow you to change the background color of each appointment in the calendar (allow multiple colors on the same calendar)

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Check availability for individual instances of a recurring meeting to make (re)scheduling easier

When scheduling a recurring meeting, I'd like a way to quickly jump to the next 'scheduled' date/time to see if people are generally open. For example, I have a recurring monthly meeting that I am looking to reschedule. When I open the series and have the scheduling assistant view active, I can see everyone's calendar. After I change the time under the recurring meeting option, I would like to scan ahead to see how that fits with everyone's schedule. Instead, I have to scroll through each day until I get to the next month's day. Would like an option to…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and don't want to lose the history on the Calendar.

1,065 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base