OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to send invites to new attendees only

Where I add attendees to a meeting request, I want to send the invite to ONLY them and not resend it to all the attendees previously invited (previous functionality "send update only")

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When task is assigned to multiple users, a feature to show who all have completed the task will help in tracking the completion

When task is assigned to multiple users, a feature to show who all have completed the task will help in tracking the completion

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. List View for Calendar

See discussions here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/outlook-list-view-in-office-2019/62c023a8-3377-4fd6-a609-5db49f31ccd5

Basically, to repeat, it would be good to create a list view with individual events (even from a series) listed out. Often times, individual events in a series has specific info in each event, so canceling the entire series would lose that info. Having a list view to search, filter, and select events to cancel would be great. As mentioned, using the search feature only returns the entire series, but not individual events.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give an option to create predefined search criteria and save as quick actions.

Next to field "Search current mailbox", there is enough space. Give an option to create predefined search criteria and save them as quick access buttons next to "Search current mailbox", like mails from boss, mails with attachments, mail from client etc OR allow us to move "Search Folders" to ribbon as drop down option.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow sharing of To-Do List in Task

Allow sharing of "To-Do List". I can create a new folder and share it. The task in the new folder show up in the To-Do List folder. I would like the option to share my To-Do List folder, so that the person I am sharing my To-Do List folder can see all my task and due dates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically move Blocked Junk email to the Trash folder.

Presently when I block an email it goes directly to the Junk folder.
    Then I have to go to the Junk folder to send each one to the Trash folder.
    Would it be possible to have a rule that allows email marked as "Block Sender" to go directly to the Trash folder?
    Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back 'what do you want to do'

where did the 'what do you want to do' search box go? it was so convenient to use it to 'add signature' or other tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. set auto-reply to turn on at a specific time on certain days

have an option so we can set auto-reply to turn on at a specific time every day so anyone working a shift that doesn't match up with other peoples wont have to turn it on every day when they leave for the day

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sync signature between all devices and Outlook.com

I use several devices - laptop, tablet, and iPhone, with Outlook. I also use Outlook.com . IIt's a huge miss that there is not a Signature Sync option. I should be able to create my signature for each email account a single time and it should sync across.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create an appointment on multiple calendars at one time (personal & shared calendars)

When creating a new appointment, I want to be able to add it to multiple calendars at one time. I have shared calendars with different teams. I have to put the same information on multiple calendars (ie: Out of office, work from home, etc.). It would be great to be able to click on new appointment and have the option to add it to additional calendars - other than just the default personal calendar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chat

Why don`t you have qa chat option where you send emails inviting ppl to chats and you can cchat instantly insted of having to wait for the email to send and come back to you.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide ability to "MOVE" recurring Birthday events from Regular Calendar to Birthday Calendar.

Let us click and slide an event from one calendar to another calendar. For example, I noticed that we have a main calendar, holiday calendar, and a birthday calendar. I was not given the option to add all of the birthdays in a special "birthday calendar." They are all in the main calendar. Let us move them so we don't have to re-create each one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Reply All" should tell you how many people you are sending the email to

I understand there is already a feature that warns you if your email is being sent to a large group of people, but sometimes people will hit "Reply All" to a relatively small group of people, only intending it to actually go to one person. This could cause security/NDA violations or personal privacy breaches. Outlook should tell you exactly how many people will get your email once you hit "reply all"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow birthdays to be deleted from the Birthday calendar.

Allow birthdays to be deleted from the Birthday calendar. The fact that birthdays cannot be deleted from the BIRTHDAY calendar is dumb!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add hindu calender

When I tried to add Hindu holidays in the calendar application. I didn't found any Hindu (religious calendar). We already have Christian, Islamic but not Hindu religious calendar in the holiday tab. Please add it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to exclude weekends when creating a multi-week calendar event

When adding an event that spans over several weeks there should be an option to exclude weekends. So for example when I'm teaching a 3 week class, but not on weekends, I currently have to add it to my calendar as separate events, one week at a time. I want to be able to add a multi-week or even monthly event and have an option to select "exclude weekends.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide Skype add in for Office 365 Personal

A Skype add in is only available for Office 365 Professional or Business. Yet add ins are available for Zoom, gotomeeting, etc. for Office 365 Personal. So, Skype's competitors products are available via Outlook 365 Personal, but not Microsoft's own product. That's just dumb.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show the user calendar in Outlook client whose hidden from GAL in the cloud environment

When using O365 Outlook we are not able to load the user calendar whose hidden from GAL. The hidden users’ calendar can be loaded and shown in Outlook client in the on-prem deployment, so I would like you to enable doing this in the O365 environment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible performing default change for the entire organization from reply all to reply in Microsoft Outlook 2019

Make it possible performing default change for the entire organization from reply all to reply in Microsoft Outlook 2019

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base