OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a feature to make To Do List accessible and track-able and export it from Microsoft Outlook 2016 to other platforms

Access & track your "To Do List" while you are on the go. In Outlook smartphone app, separate app or even exporting the list to keep following up in excel file. That would be more productive if Outlook would export it to To-Do application as a ready list.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To replicate Meeting invites

A quick action button that would replicate an existing meeting in my calendar and pop up a newly created meeting creation window but with all the parameters of the replicated meeting initation. Would be immensly useful. Then the user can adjust it if neeed and post the meeting invitation accordingly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 'Do Not Delete' Checkbox in Outlook

It would be useful to have a flag of some sort that could be set on an e-mail so that it doesn't get deleted accidentally.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide way to delete emails in multiple folders without affecting folder structure

Please provide an easy way to delete multiple emails across multiple folders/subfolders without affecting the folder structure in Outlook. I realize I can right-click on each folder and Delete All (except a folder that has subfolders that I don't want to delete).

Example is I have a folder with 14 subfolders. From time to time I want to clear out all the emails in those 15 folders without deleting any of the folder structure.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show Non-Work Hours as Out of Office

Please provide the option to show non-work hours as out of office. Presently, setting work hours only serves to slightly darken non-work hours when someone is scheduling a meeting, often resulting in non-work hours not being seen or honored. The only work-around is to create a personal recurring meeting set as out of office, which is functional, but distracting and intrusive to always see. Having the option to show non-work hours as out of office would be a far more elegant and functional solution.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display a notification when Outlook disconnects from the server

Often Outlook disconnects from the Microsoft Exchange server with no notification other than the easily miss-able small text in the right of the status bar. User can potentially miss lots of emails, or have sent mails stuck in the outbox as they are not made aware of the disconnection. User should be immediately notified whenever an involuntary disconnection occurs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ajout du contact automatique

Ajouter automatiquement le contact lors de la création d'un mail vers une nouvelle adresse sans avoir besoin de retourner dans le mail envoyé pour ajouter l'adresse aux contacts.
    Le simple fait d'écrire à une adresse inconnue suffirait à l'application à enregistrer automatiquement cette nouvelle adresse, comme c'est déjà le cas dans la plupart des messageries.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a feature to switch between no ribbon and the classic 3 line ribbon. right not, you can right click to collapse ribbon.

bring back a quick way to switch between no line ribbon (collapsed ribbon) and 3 line ribbon. nobody in their right mind who isn't smoking pot wants that new condensed ribbon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide categories for emails in Outlook on mobile devices

Provide categories for emails in Outlook on mobile devices

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ribbion tool bar

The ribbon tool bar is too large and taking up too much of my screen. Also the icons on the ribbon bar are too large. The colour range does not have enough choice. The older ribbon bar was much better on office 2010 and has gone south in my opinion. I hate the new ribbon bar and the feel of the system. The system is not an improvement over office 2010

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto hold mode for sending email during Offhours and Weekends

When I work off hours or weekends, I set a “Delay Delivery” on each msg for my team to get their emails at the start of the next business day. Build a mode in Outlook, maybe similar to how you can configure your presence indicator in Teams, to put OL into a mode that would automatically hold any sending of emails on off hours and weekends to selected people (like your directs or other team members). This should not affect receiving messages, just the sending out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a feature to open all the Calendars in New Window, currently other calendars get unchecked apart from default calendar.

When you right click on the calendar option in the navigation pane and select "open in new window" option, all the calendars that were checked in the calendar view get unchecked in the new window, only the default calendar will be checked and it opens. it should allow us to select all the calendars and open all of them in New Window by right clicking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support google and other calendars like the mobile outlook version does.

Please add support for other calendars, specifically google calendars like the mobile outlook app does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize Button" in Outlook 2016

Office programs allow users to customize keyboard shortcuts in the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog window. Why doesn't Outlook? The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize" button is missing.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Speed up Outlook Rules Order

The order of Rules can be changed ONLY by tapping or clicking an UP or DOWN arrow on a SINGLE rule. This is clunky when managing a large number of rules. Develop a method for selecting multiple rules and re-ordering by dragging the selection.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Family Calendars cannot be updated from Outlook Desktop

Using Outlook 2016 for Windows, I cannot add or update events to my Outlook.com family calendar.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Outlook team is working on this update. We will add support for adding and updating events on family calendars as part of an overall improvement to shared calendars in Outlook.

We will post a subsequent status update when the shared calendar improvements are available for you to use in Outlook. Our current ETA is to begin releasing to subscription customers who are using Outlook 2016 this summer (July 2018).

18. Improve synchronization of junk email settings between app and web interface

Please improve the synchronization between the outlook app and the web interface regarding junk handling.

Or at least improve the documentation/information about the possible problems that can arise due to missing synchronization.

Recently, I have become aware that there are two places were junk email settings can be set, in the web interface and in the outlook app. And more importantly, that these two places have nothing to do with each other! You can add or remove accounts from the safe sender list in one place, but it does not affect the settings on the other place.

I also understand…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sort a Meeting's Contacts Alphabetically

Classificar os contatos de uma Reunião por ordem alfabética

Sort a Meeting's Contacts Alphabetically

Ao inserir contatos em uma Reunião de Outlook poder visualizar no assistente de agendamento os contatos em ordem crescente ou decrescente. Outra opção seria filtrar contatos para verificar duplicidade de inserção de contatos.

When you enter contacts in an Outlook Meeting you can view contacts in ascending or descending order in the scheduling wizard. Another option would be to filter contacts to check for duplicate contact insertion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add a Send Individually Button

I often find I need to send mails to many Distribution Lists which can have a large number of users on and cross-posting is frowned upon by the DL owners

I value the use & efficiency of my time much more than the time it takes to spend what can be many extra additional minutes (per distribution list) to copy paste and then send emails to many different recipients in the To Field.

Therefore, to improve the user experience of sending bulk emails (including to large lists that may otherwise just get BCC'd) I would like a button that would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base