OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send meeting updates only to those who accepted?

Even in Outlook 2016, it's still only possible to send meeting updates to -all- recipients but much more logical and user friendly is the default option to only send to ricipients who accepted the meeting request; or at least skip those who already declined the meeting request. Please include as default feature.

290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable appointments/calendar items from being forwarded to other parties, except if it's done by the organizer

To control attendees for certain meetings, organizers can click on option to disable forwarding of appointments out by other parties, except if it's done by the organizer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

Please add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the ability to acknowledge an out of office before sending an email without actually receiving the out of office message in response

I love the new feature that shows people are out of office before sending an email. However, I am still going to send the email, and I do not want to receive an out of office email in response because all I do is delete it. In short, make an option so I can acknowledge a recipient is out of office and still send it without receiving the reply.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Removing folders

Give us the ability to remove folders we don't use. Many of us do not use the "group", "conversations" or various other folders that Outlook automatically installs and will let us delete. Users should be able to remove any folder they don't want.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why do you keep deleting my submission?

You have deleted my submission three times, but I have no idea why. You have my email address - can you let me know what I am doing wrong, please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need Keyboard shortcut to save and close newly made events

Analogous to Ctrl+Enter for sending emails

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Under 'Contact Attendees' of a meeting, add the option 'Email attendees who did not answer'.

Outlook offers the option to send an email to all attendees of a meeting. It would be great to have the possibility to send an email only to attendees who have declined, or to those who have not yet answered. This would avoid unnecessary reminders to those who have already answered.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to copy paste recurring appointments into a calendar

Possibility to copy paste recurring appointments in a calendar to avoid having everything to re-enter

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add sub-subject

add sub-subject to let original subject without change
    this will keep arranged by conversation as it (original subject) and let who need to amend the subject in new field

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please implement the. NST document to set the default path

Hi all, Most of the emails we manage have to join and subscribe to multiple groups because of their work needs, Generated. NST documents stored in the C disk directory will produce more than 20G of occupation, and we use for some of our colleagues to use the cloud system, C disk space itself is not too large, if you can not move to custom directories, such as: When setting up messages by default to the D disk, or we really do not, or even use the modified registry to achieve storage location more Change.
    That often colleagues C disk…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back Save but don't send update in Outlook.

There used to be three options when you made a change to an Outlook meeting.

For years I've been able to save without sending an update when the only change is in the notes section of the meeting. I'd like this feature brought back, please.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a note or comment to an incoming email - to pop up like in excel

Add a note to an incoming email. Just like excel has the ability to add a
    comment and a red symbol marks an attached comment. So for an example, a new email received that the sender replaces. I'd like to add a comment like "don't bother with this attachment see new email" - rather than deleting or filing the email in a different folder.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accepting or declining a meeting from the Calendar view should delete the invite from your Inbox

Accepting or declining a meeting from the Calendar view should delete the invite from your Inbox since you've 'actioned' it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New dark Office Theme

Would be nice to see a new dark Office theme with colour accents like the colourful theme has. Also, having separate theme settings for the different Office products would be nice since I don't necessarily want dark mode on Word but really like it on Outlook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meetings status notification should not be in the sender language

Notifications that a meeting has been cancelled or postponed or details have changed should not be in the sender language. Example: Meeting called "Team sync" is cancelled (called off) and the one cancelling the meeting is from Germany. Me as an English speaker with default language for Outlook as English, I would like and expect that an email explaining that this meeting is cancelled would have a title like this "Cancelled: Team sync" and not what I get now "Abgesagt: Team sync". As these notifications are not really a simple email I would expect this kind of functionality to be…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow the Contact General View from email address right click drop down.

Old "General View" of a contact instead of a "contact card". Can that be added to the right click drop down over email address?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Feature to enable meeting minutes within an invite to Auto update it and send it to all invitees once completed in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Feature to enable meeting minutes within an invite to Auto update it and send it to all invitees once completed in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Add a "meeting minutes" button within a meeting invite or appointment on your calendar.

I currently past a meeting minutes template into my meeting invite on my calendar. This is filled out during the meeting, may be completed after. Once minutes are completed, I print to PDF. this now shows the meeting time, location, invitees automatically in the header along with my name as the recorder of the minutes. I simply highlight in dark grey the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add the backup add-in feature to Outlook 2019

Please add the back-up add-on to outlook 2019 and include this feature to all the apps in Office 2019. It was a wonderful tool and I miss it. If it is there somewhere please let us know

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back the ability for calendars to print category colors in Outlook 2016

Calendar category colors used to print, why no longer?

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base